PDA

View Full Version : New to EFI Live and have pid ??'s

Quasimotor
January 21st, 2008, 09:41 AM
I was using the "other" tuner before, and with efi live I noticed my Map sensor reads differently, as well as my IDC is way off (like 24% when I was 85% in HPT).

In the pid list it looks like IDC is a calc, instead of OBD? Is there a E67 pid that reads IDC a little closer to what I think it should be?

The map scaler gave me a hard PCM limit when I try to scale it like I had it 255 before. I've tried the scaler both ways (I'[m using the 2.5 bar LSJ map with temp) and get the same KPA readings from the pids.

I appreciate any help you could offer..

Thanks
Jim

GMPX
January 24th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Jim, that would be my fault, I set the software limit to 255, most sensors don't need to be scaled above that. That was before I just learned (form you) about the LSJ sensor needing to be scaled to 270.
Let me know what OS you are tuning there and I'll send you a .cal file update.

There is no direct Injector Duty Cycle PID from the ECM, it's calcuated from GM.INJPWB1 & GM.INJPWB2, if possible can you please forward a log on to support@efilive.com and we can take a look at the odd readings.

Cheers,
Ross

Quasimotor
January 24th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Jim, that would be my fault, I set the software limit to 255, most sensors don't need to be scaled above that. That was before I just learned (form you) about the LSJ sensor needing to be scaled to 270.

There is no direct Injector Duty Cycle PID from the ECM, it's calcuated from GM.INJPWB1 & GM.INJPWB2, if possible can you please forward a log on to support@efilive.com and we can take a look at the odd readings.

Cheers,
Ross
Ross,
I will forward a scan to you once I get home with my laptop. My IDC % is running like 24% when the other tuner is 87-90% ish.

The error I get when I scale the E67 above 188 kpa on the Map is a hard code VCM error. It reads something like the VCM may be hard coded with a limit, and calibrating it above that limit will not affect a hard boundry set in the VCM.

My understanding from one of your posts in the VVE thread that this 2.5 bar LSJ map should be tuned as a 3 bar?
If that's so how do I get around the hard code limits on MAP scale?

I am currently using the 2 bar VVE tables, however I am worried about the scale difference and what the scanner shows for KPA etc I get 109 KPA in your scanner whereas I used to get 163-170 KPA in the other one. I am making between 10.5-12 lbs of boost (on a manual gauge) depending on weather and temp etc. The 160-170 KPA number makes more sense to me as isn't atmosphere 101.325 kPa or 14.7 lbf/sq depending on baro etc? So 170 KPA reading should be about 10 PSI which would jive with my boost gauge.

I will post the exact error later.

Thanks
Jim

RetroAus
January 27th, 2008, 10:19 AM
I have had same problem with L98/E38....very strange injector pulse widths and duty cycle figures. Not really a problem as injectors are big enough I was just curious whilst tuning to see figures and was quite shocked.All I was logging was injector pw and calc duty cycle..I figure it must be just a scaling problem.
Cheers
Kyle

Quasimotor
January 27th, 2008, 04:08 PM

Cheers,
Ross
Ross,
My OS is 12605331
OS ID AB
Calibration 12605548
BCC YNAC

Thanks
Jim
P.S. I emailed that log file with the weird pid readings.

scdyne
January 28th, 2008, 06:58 AM
my OS shows: 12610013 ID AA
Calibration: 12610012
BCC: YNUN

My V VE table stock.

Care to compare. I assume they are the same since we're both 2.4L LE5s, I just have a kappa.

Quasimotor
January 29th, 2008, 05:57 AM

Cheers,
RossI sent in the scan log in and posted my os any word on the new cal file?

Jim

GMPX
January 29th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Sorry for the delay Jim,
Attached is the updated .cal file.
Save in to - \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E67

I think you should set B2101 to 270, then B2103 to -1.65. I am basing this on the same parameters in the P12 LSJ tune.

Cheers,
Ross

Quasimotor
January 30th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Sorry for the delay Jim,
Attached is the updated .cal file.
Save in to - \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E67

I think you should set B2101 to 270, then B2103 to -1.65. I am basing this on the same parameters in the P12 LSJ tune.

Cheers,
Ross
Ross,
I downloaded that .cal file and overwrote the old one.

Do I need to do anything else to get that .cal to work?
Also will I now be using the 3 bar VVE tables once the scale is correct?

Jim

Quasimotor
January 30th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Ross,
I can't get the scanner to work now.:bash:

I just sent the error log to you.

Jim