PDA

View Full Version : Confused and Frustrated

petestoy
January 22nd, 2008, 12:38 PM
Alright I am new to this but trying to get up to speed. I have made some changes to the calibrations in my truck and uploaded that went relatively well but,

I am unable to load a custom operaqting system and don'tnt know why? my button is greyed out?

Can we use the V2 to logg data without the laptop? The forum is not helping as some places say yes, some say yes but beta, some say not yet?

There are dead links all over the place so trying to find info is tuff.

Where is the firmware located for the V2 can't find it anyware? What is the most current firmware.

How do you load PIDS into the V2? I see te option under flashscan in toolbar but it is greyed out?

Any help would be appreciated i don't know if i have at this to long and now can't see straight or if i actually have a problem?

I have 2006 LBZ EFI Live Version 7.5.3 Flashscan Firmware 2.04.70

Thanks Guys!:bawl:

Cougar281
January 22nd, 2008, 12:56 PM
1. I don't think there are any custom operating systems for the LBZ or LMM yet.

2. Yes, it can be done, BUT it is in (public) beta. Since EFILive is new to you, I wouldn't recommend jumping in on it until it's out of beta.

4. Look in the c:\program files\EFILive\V7\ (or \V7.5) folder for the FSProg .ffw file(s). I think the latest "release" firmware is 2.4.67.

5. You can't load PIDs into the V2 yet. That'll be after Black Box Logging is released.

Hope this helps.

petestoy
January 22nd, 2008, 01:11 PM
Thanks Cougar, Sorry about the rant but Boy did i pick the wrong week to quit smoking!

The custom operating system I wanted to load was the latest GM OS I believe it was 638 or something like that.

Thanks again!

camcojb
January 22nd, 2008, 02:14 PM
Thanks Cougar, Sorry about the rant but Boy did i pick the wrong week to quit smoking!

The custom operating system I wanted to load was the latest GM OS I believe it was 638 or something like that.

Thanks again!

yeah, I do not believe you can change the o.s. with the 7.5.3 version. You can load any modded tune with the same o.s. as you have, or else you need to modify your current tune, or copy the tables from one o.s. over to the tables in yours, and then load it in.

Jody

petestoy
January 22nd, 2008, 03:09 PM
Thanks, thats what i have been doing I just noticed everybody seems to have a newer version of software in their vehicles. The stealership arond here is not to cooperative, so i am waiting to see if it is covered under warranty.

Cougar281
January 22nd, 2008, 03:26 PM
"Normally" dealers don't just update the programming. There "needs" to be something wrong. I don't have much experience with the LBZ, but if your truck is still under warranty, what you could do is find something that the latest release fixes and take it to the dealer and tell them "my truck does X, here's a bulliten, could you please update the ECM to fix it" and if they're a helpful bunch, they might update it for you. I've done that without issue when my truck was under warranty.