PDA

View Full Version : Help!

turbolou
July 18th, 2005, 02:25 PM
I'm getting a code P1153 HC insufficient switching bank 2 sensor 1. My mods are LG long tube's Halltech stinger,& Z06 exaust It's a non emissions code & I'm wondering if I should just disable it?

Black02SS
July 18th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Its a Oxygen Sensor Code. They aren't getting warm enough and inturn throwing the code. There have been several guys that have resolved this issue, but I have never been able to. Its hit-miss. If you know for a fact that your o2 is good and switching properly, then you can disable it if you chose to, but if your o2 does go bad, you won't be aware due to it being disabled. When this code is throw, the car is more then likely in open loop.

I didn't like that option so I decided to eliminate my o2's and run in constant open loop. No problems and haven't looked back.

turbolou
July 18th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Its a Oxygen Sensor Code. They aren't getting warm enough and inturn throwing the code. There have been several guys that have resolved this issue, but I have never been able to. Its hit-miss. If you know for a fact that your o2 is good and switching properly, then you can disable it if you chose to, but if your o2 does go bad, you won't be aware due to it being disabled. When this code is throw, the car is more then likely in open loop.

I didn't like that option so I decided to eliminate my o2's and run in constant open loop. No problems and haven't looked back.Thanks for the reply.Running in open loop is something I rather not do If I can avoid it. I want to try & come up with another solution.It was suggested by LG to eliminate rear 02's & use them as front's Which have been working fine till I started playing with timing related inputs to minimize any possibility of retard. I may have fooled with something I shouldn't of. I was on a roll & the car has responded nicely. I'm new at this & need to learn as much as I can So I quess its time to step back & think?????????

bink
July 19th, 2005, 01:22 AM
If you back down the Timing/Spark you may be reducing your cylinder pressures and thus combustion heat -> cooler exhaust temps. Just a thought.

Cheers,
joel

PSWired
July 19th, 2005, 03:34 AM
Don't some people with long tubes use the corvette rear O2s in the front since they have a stronger heater and will keep the sensor hot enough to use with long tubes?

bink
July 19th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Don't some people with long tubes use the corvette rear O2s in the front since they have a stronger heater and will keep the sensor hot enough to use with long tubes?

Yes. He said he is using the rears.
Cheers,
joel

turbolou
July 19th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Thanks all!
This code has only appeared twice since my last tweeking & reflash.Maybe It's just going to take some driveing time till the learns adjust themselves. I've been trying to learn EFI live one piece at a time. I got the trans shifting nice, Timeing changes seem to be working as the car runs very well. Next is heads & cam & the fun starts, I'm sure this forum hasn't heard the last of me yet LOL ! Regards Lou

joecar
July 19th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Lou,
Post a logged chart showing your HO2S voltages (sensor 1 on both banks, i.e. HO2S11, HO2S21).

turbolou
July 19th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Lou,
Post a logged chart showing your HO2S voltages (sensor 1 on both banks, i.e. HO2S11, HO2S21). Thanks jocar Will do so! as soon as I can find some time. Lou

PSWired
July 20th, 2005, 05:18 AM

Yes. He said he is using the rears.
Cheers,
joel

Whoops, missed that one.

turbolou
July 20th, 2005, 02:10 PM
OK! I have driven the car for two days now & the code didn't come back.
I'm assumeing that the issue took care of itself. That doesn't disappoint me in the least. Can't wait to change heads & cam next. I'm sure thankful for EFILlive & the ability to make changes. When OBD II came out I thought it was all over for being able to tune. :D

joecar
July 20th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Doesn't matter what they come out with, someone somewhere will be able to crack it.