PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for race car

Aint Skeered
January 26th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Ok, I bought a 1964 chevyII Nova that is tubbed and very lite weight. With the big block(396) that was in it the car weighed 2300 lbs .
I am replacing the wore out bigblock for a lq9 engine that I got a great deal on that is fresh. IT has the truck intake , injectors , all sensors but no pcm or harness.

The engine is stock but I am putting a 232/234 - .598/. 112 lsa cam witha 108 centerline cam in it . ( F14 cam)

For now the heads will stay stock , may mill .030 for a little bump in compression but not port for a little while.

I will run a th350 trans with a 9" converter that was a 4800 with the big block and my question is Will this car be better off with going to a victor jr intake and carb then staying fuel injected ?

THe truck intake may hold me back for what I am doing and the cost of getting a computer and harness seems to be as high as getting the intake and msd box since I already have a good holley 750 dp carb.

I know for drivabilaty I love my efi but for racing , Is it still better ?

If I stay efi, where is the best place to get a pcm and harness that is already cut to work with an all out race car ?

THis may not be a normal question but I am sure there are a lot of you with experience with both that could help me make the decision. I can tune both ways so That does not bother me. If Carbed would make the most power being the intake is better then that may be my best bet.