PDA

View Full Version : V2 arrow keys

Hyper99
January 26th, 2008, 04:07 PM
My V2 started loosing the ability to use any of the arrow keys to key up or down in the menus today.

I have had to reload the firmware twice just today to fix, and it seems to keep occuring.

Anyone else have this issue? It's becomming a real pain when I'm logging on the road and the laptop is not along to reset the firmware.:mad:

It also keeps nailing the radio, turning it of and resetting the time to 1:00

Wasted Income
January 30th, 2008, 04:07 PM
My buttons don't seem to work as well as they used to. Seem to really have to reef on them to make them do anything.

dfe1
January 31st, 2008, 03:19 AM
My buttons don't seem to work as well as they used to. Seem to really have to reef on them to make them do anything.
Seems like we have some button abusers in the crowd. Mine are still working fine.

lakingslayer
January 31st, 2008, 03:20 AM
Mine work fine. I'm running the latest beta firmware.

Blacky
January 31st, 2008, 07:10 AM
My V2 started loosing the ability to use any of the arrow keys to key up or down in the menus today.

It also keeps nailing the radio, turning it of and resetting the time to 1:00

What firmware version are you using?
Regards
Paul

Blacky
January 31st, 2008, 07:14 AM

If or when the buttons appear not to work, try just holding them down for a little longer (don't try pressing on them any harder).
It may be a bug in the firmware. I recently adjusted the debounce routines that prevent multiple keypresses from occuring when the key is pressed once.

Also, check if the auto-repeat feature works - if so then the button is making contact.

I am also adding built-in self tests including a keypad test.

Regards
Paul

Wasted Income
January 31st, 2008, 08:37 AM
Thanks.

Hyper99
January 31st, 2008, 05:44 PM
Latest revision of the firmware.

Was not pushing on them too hard, they would not work on power up of the unit to select the controller to log.

Held the button down for at least three seconds and it did not change the selection.

Reloading the firmware fixed them for now, used it today with no issue.

Hyper99
January 31st, 2008, 07:34 PM
Seems like we have some button abUSERs in the crowd.

Well, the USER part was right :bash::D

dfe1
February 1st, 2008, 03:10 PM
Obviously, we need a button-pressing tutorial.

joecar
February 1st, 2008, 03:17 PM
Obviously, we need a button-pressing tutorial.An interactive button pressing tutorial... :rockon::muahaha:

dfe1
February 1st, 2008, 03:39 PM
An interactive button pressing tutorial... :rockon::muahaha:
When can you have it done?

Blacky
February 1st, 2008, 04:45 PM
Reloading the firmware fixed them for now, used it today with no issue.

That is strange. Keep monitoring how the buttons appear to be working (or not working) and let me know if anything changes.

Regards
Paul