PDA

View Full Version : Im intrested in buying EFI...

cowboy2844
January 28th, 2008, 04:32 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i am still debating on PPE or EFI. with that said I know the price of the PPE i can get is 750. just wondering what the price will be for EFI and also how much a tune would cost. i am planing on running the stock trans for as long as i can. i do want a tow tune for a 32' trailer with a longtravel LS1 sandrail in it 10,000 lbs(ish). also going to tow a 27' Ultra Shadow cati think 5000lbs or so. the other tune i would like is a street tune for daily driving with good MPG but also can destroy other trucks if need be, (while obaying all traffic laws of course), without destroying the trans. Also will this allow me to adjust the tire pressure sensors???
thanks for all resonds
Mike

camcojb
January 28th, 2008, 06:06 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i am still debating on PPE or EFI. with that said I know the price of the PPE i can get is 750. just wondering what the price will be for EFI and also how much a tune would cost. i am planing on running the stock trans for as long as i can. i do want a tow tune for a 32' trailer with a longtravel LS1 sandrail in it 10,000 lbs(ish). also going to tow a 27' Ultra Shadow cati think 5000lbs or so. the other tune i would like is a street tune for daily driving with good MPG but also can destroy other trucks if need be, (while obaying all traffic laws of course), without destroying the trans. Also will this allow me to adjust the tire pressure sensors???
thanks for all resonds
Mike

EFI Live is the same as that PPE, and comes with 1 or more tunes from most vendors. Then you can also find more tunes in several libraries, some free and some not.

I went EFI Live as I like to tweak my stuff. Plus I can either make several tunes or download several without having to pay anything or shipping the tuner back to PPE plus charges. They do not adjust tire pressure sensors.

Jody

yankeeland
March 24th, 2008, 02:47 PM
There's a few vendors that provides a tune with it. If you're interested pm me and I'll give you the name of the person I purchased mine from, it came with a race tune. I don't want to post the name 'cause I'm not sure if it's allow.

MadMaxx61
March 24th, 2008, 04:22 PM

thanks for all resonds
Mike

I would go with EFI live if you are looking for a way that you can see what you are doing with logging and make changes for the better and you can tune more then just your truck with it as you said you have a longtravel LS1 sandrail. I am sure you could tune that LS1 with EFI live too and since it comes with two licenses it would cost you less then getting PPE and a tuner for the LS1.

But if you are looking for a tuner that you set and forget EFI live is not for you .

Steve