PDA

View Full Version : Scan/Edit Quesiton

lplott
July 19th, 2005, 05:00 AM
I have a TT modified tune. What all would I need to copy out of the PCM to:

1. Allow the dealership to install the Column Lock Bypass recall which requires a total flash of the PCM.
2. Copy my tune back into the PCM.
3. Drive it off the lot.

SSpdDmon
July 19th, 2005, 06:47 AM
The way I would tackle this is to make sure you have a copy of your current tune in a couple safe places and have them do their recall/reflash. Then, scan and save what they reflashed into your PCM as your stock file. Open your old tune as a reference file using the folder with the red arrows <--> at the top. After it loads, you can click on the red arrows <--> next to the ALT button and it will display every table that is different from what they flashed into your car. Copy and paste the data from the ALT file to the CAL file for all the windows you changed. If the new reflash of the PCM changed some things that you didn't, I would leave them alone unless it's going to interfere with your current setup. Make sense? It sounds kind of tedious, but that's how I would do it. The only potential problem that I could see would be if they change your OS. I don't believe you can use the feature above for files that have different OS's.

Blacky
July 19th, 2005, 10:16 AM
It may be that after the dealer updates your PCM, the Operating System number will also be updated. If that is the case, you won't be able to use EFILive's built in compare feature. That feature is limited to comparing OSs with the same number only.
Our next version of EFILive will allow for comparing different OSs.

What you can do is take a stock PCM calibration that matches the OS in your PCM before the dealer update and compare your current tune to that stock tune. Tha will tell you what is different between your current tune and a stock tune.
Then you need to make those same changes to the PCM after it has been reflashed by the dealer.

Paul

BowlingSS
July 19th, 2005, 09:05 PM
What I did when I wanted to copy and paste or just compare different OS's was just to open FlashScan again under a new window. Then you can copy and paste if needed.

Bill
:D