PDA

View Full Version : livescan doesnt show 6.2L displacment option

nycblazer
January 30th, 2008, 02:39 AM
why dosent the livescan show 6.2 Liter 379ci displacment option
thats why i bought the scanner.

do i just manually type it in or is there an update for this..

what vin number do i type in?
my 1999 blazer vin #, or the engines ecm vin #.

i'm doing a swap into my 1999 s10 blazer and putting in a 2007 escalade 6.2L w/vvt engine in it.
so i'm confused on wich vin to put in..

scdyne
January 30th, 2008, 04:57 AM
A Lot of engine's are not listed in the drop down for Displacement. I have a 2.4L engine and it's also not listed, but supported.(None of the supported ECOTEC engines are listed.) I also have a 1.9L engine ('02 Saturn) that's not listed and it's (scan only) supported. What goes in this field doesn't have much impact on anything that I can tell other than customer information. I'd just put the ECU VIN in the VIN field and make a note of your vehicle VIN in the vehicle comments field under Customer Details (Ctrl+D).

scdyne
February 9th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Let me take that back. Having the wrong value in displacement has an impact on any CLC PID that uses the displacement() function.

So that opens up a new can of worms. What if like me your engine's displacement is not listed?

I looked all through the sae_generic.txt and vin.ini trying to see if either had the list of vehicles displacement found in the drop down.

How do I add to it?

I did find curb_weights.ini file that let me add my GVW to the equation..

I guess that for the time being I'll have to go through and replace all instances of displacement() in the custom PIDs to 2384.

jfpilla
February 11th, 2008, 01:16 PM
why dosent the livescan show 6.2 Liter 379ci displacment option
thats why i bought the scanner.

do i just manually type it in or is there an update for this..

what vin number do i type in?
my 1999 blazer vin #, or the engines ecm vin #.

i'm doing a swap into my 1999 s10 blazer and putting in a 2007 escalade 6.2L w/vvt engine in it.
so i'm confused on wich vin to put in..

Just change B0104.
If you're referring to Engine: in vehicle identifiers it will always show the CU(L) for that engines VIN and affects nothing. I've had 3 different size engines and changing B0104 did change VE's logged.

nycblazer
March 23rd, 2008, 02:50 AM
anyone else can shed some light on this situation