PDA

View Full Version : LM-1 and EFILive

superls1
July 19th, 2005, 04:04 PM
I did try search, but there seems to be some conflicting posts regarding hooking up an LM-1.

The LM-1 cable has 3 wires, red, white, and a ground. White is analog 2 and provides a signal to show WB output. I understand how to program this in the LM-1 unit as well. So, I should hook up the White wire to 'C' or 'E' on the 3 pin connector and select the appropiate PID (C=AD2 and E=AD1).

What do I do with the ground? It seems there have been some issues on where to ground it?

Black02SS
July 19th, 2005, 05:39 PM
I have one wire hooked up to my cable. ATM, I can't tell you which one. I will have that info for you in approx. 5.5hrs. I didn't ground mine at all. Works great.

PSWired
July 20th, 2005, 05:17 AM
You must connect the analog signal ground from the output of the LC-1 to the analog ground of the FlashScan cable. Not doing so will cause inaccurate voltage readings by the flashscan cable because of a potential ground offset between the FlashScan unit and the LC-1.

superls1
July 20th, 2005, 05:52 AM
I assume the same holds true for the LM-1?

trudynosports
July 20th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Just be careful! If your power supply is from the car for the LM-1 then your ok. If your LM-1 is connected to the chassis dyne like mine is then leave the ground off. This is because of the potential difference between the car and the power supply that the LM-1 is running on.

superls1
July 20th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Ok, so far I have

Option 1: No ground needed (assuming LM1 is powered by car?)
Option 2: Ground to EFILive (assuming LM1 is powered by car)
Option 3: Don't ground to EFILive (assuming LM1 is not powered by car)

Mine will be powered by the car, so I will ground to the cable. If it is powered by external source, then do you ground the LM1 somwhere else (or at all)?

Black02SS
July 20th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Mine isn't grounded and I have no variances in AFR. It is spot on to what LogWorks shows. Mine is getting power from the cig lighter.