PDA

View Full Version : ABS warning on dash

hymey
February 1st, 2008, 02:53 AM
I won a VE SS-V with E38.

I have been blackbox logging tonight with 7.5.3 and latest beta firmware.

When I connected the V2 flash scan to the PCM a traction control off/ ABS warning flashed on the dash of the vehicle.

I disconnected the cable but it the ABS warning light still flashes.

I guess I need to reset my computer to clear the warning.

No error codes appeared in the log. Other than that it all went fine.

Has anyone experienced this..?

Joel

joecar
February 1st, 2008, 04:44 AM
Joel, welcome to thew forum... :cheers:

You can get the EFILive scantool to read the ABS DTC so you can get some idea what it's trying to tell you; it may or may not be releated to connecting the scantool to the bus, or it may be a real problem that just coincidentally happened to occur just then...

in the scantool (using a PC/laptop):
- go Edit->Properties->Advanced and checkmark Check/Clear DTCs for All Modules;
- you may also have to go Edit->Properties->Options and checkmark Active Module Detection (if the ABS problem is persistent, the DTC will show up again even if the ABS module is reset);

then connect to vehicle and go Info->Diagnostic Trouble Codes and the scantool should read all the DTCs for all modules on the bus.

Cheers,
Joe

scdyne
February 1st, 2008, 04:44 AM
Sometimes when I connect the FlashScan to my car it turns on the PassLock? MIL on my dash. (Icon of car with a lock on it.) Once it's on the only way to turn it off is to turn off the car, remove the key, and open the driver door.
Any chance the FlashScan could change the passkeyIII key resistance from loading the system?

Last night the FlashScan just shut off when I was displaying pids and it reset my ECU too. All the gauges blinked off and went to zero for a second. After that I had an ECU DTC. Stupid me reset it before I realized that I should probably remember what it was.

swingtan
February 1st, 2008, 09:44 AM
Hi Joel,

You will have problems with BBL and the E38 PCM. I have been testing on mine and found that if you perform any logging with a scan mode of "stream-fast" it will cause errors resulting in a hung V2 and various errors on the dash. Normally it will appear to log fine for a few minutes before the error occurs.

To get around this problem in pass through logging, you change the scan mode to "dynamic" ( in the EFI-Live scan tool go to <edit> - <properties> - <logging> then in the scan mode section select "dynamic" ). Doing this has enabled me to log for over 2 hrs with no problems. However there is no way to check or alter the scan mode in BBL, at least not yet. I think that BBL only uses "stream-fast" for all PCM types, hence the errors on the dash.

Until we get an update to either set the scan mode to "dynamic" for the E38 or allow us to manually set the scan mode in BBL there is not much we can do with BBL. Pass through works fine though so you just need to carry the laptop around.

Simon.

hymey
February 1st, 2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks heaps for the reply guys. I woke up this morning and turn the ignition on and the ABS warning had stopped.

I guess when I opened and closed the door to go inside last night the abs warning had reset.

I will change my settings for pass through on the laptop. Thanks for the tips guys. Will be racking peoples brains in here a fair bit...lol

Cheers

Joel

Lennart
March 12th, 2008, 01:52 AM
I tried reading the ABS on a 2005 truck recently and did not get any information!? The display read "Service ABS System"
I did NOT have the "active module detection" enabled, though!
If I get a chance I will read it again, soon.
//Lennart

Joel, welcome to thew forum... :cheers:

You can get the EFILive scantool to read the ABS DTC so you can get some idea what it's trying to tell you; it may or may not be releated to connecting the scantool to the bus, or it may be a real problem that just coincidentally happened to occur just then...

in the scantool (using a PC/laptop):
- go Edit->Properties->Advanced and checkmark Check/Clear DTCs for All Modules;
- you may also have to go Edit->Properties->Options and checkmark Active Module Detection (if the ABS problem is persistent, the DTC will show up again even if the ABS module is reset);

then connect to vehicle and go Info->Diagnostic Trouble Codes and the scantool should read all the DTCs for all modules on the bus.

Cheers,
Joe