PDA

View Full Version : which pids for ve tuning w o2s

ssmike300
February 1st, 2008, 03:17 PM
i think i got it now but which pids insted of wide band is it ltftaverage or just ltft and when it comes time to past and mutiply do you still paste w lable and mutiply.

mr.prick
February 1st, 2008, 04:01 PM
don`t waste your time with LTFT + STFT tuning.
get a WBO2, they can be had for less than $200
and are way more accurate than LTFTs/STFTs,
you will need to make a calculated PID.
{LTFT/STFT bank #1} + {LTFT/STFT bank #2}/2 for an
average number, then paste multiply/add/subtract.
or use a spreadsheet, and then you will still not be certain
of where you are actually at with AFR.

joecar
February 1st, 2008, 04:15 PM
If you really wanted to do this using fuel trims instead of a wideband, you would have to create a
calculated "BEN" pid for (LONGFT1 + LONGFT2)/200 in the calc_pids.txt file located in
My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration;
see showthread.php?t=132 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=132) for how to make calc pids;
note: doing this, you would have to leave closed loop and trims enabled.

You would also create a "BEN" map that used this claculated pid as data instead of a BEN pid;
then you can log, and paste-multiply directly into the VE table; the AutoVE tutorial shows how to create maps.

Mr.Prick is right, a wideband is not expensive and will give you much better results in a shorter time...
but does require some time/effort to install and setup.

ssmike300
February 1st, 2008, 04:35 PM
thank you both vevy very much i found an lc-1 stand alone controler kit in summit for 199.95 is that one you would recomend

dfe1
February 1st, 2008, 04:38 PM
The "best" approach depends on the type of vehicle you're working on and what you're trying to achieve. If you're working on a stock-type vehicle and just want to optimize part throttle operation, the in-car narrow band is fine. All you have to do is work the VE table until the LTFTs are where you want them. BUT- if you're tuning part throttle AFRs, you're probably going to do WOT at some point in time, and you'll need a wide band for that. If you're going to borrow a wide band and only have it for a limited period of time, it's definitely advantageous to tune with the narrow band sensors so you can concentrate on WOT tuning while you have the wide band.

mr.prick
February 1st, 2008, 11:52 PM
here is a link to a nice spreadsheet for what you are attempting.
http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.php?p=53885&postcount=2
IMO a WBO2 must be used in order to be certain of your
fueling, especially if you are not experienced with how
a motor will sound or perform when running lean or rich.
you could potentially end up chasing your own tail.