PDA

View Full Version : On Star Question.

Spindoctor
February 5th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Hi all!:wave:

I am new to the EFI Live tuning format. My tunes so far have been on older Vortec models and have worked out fine.
I have an 06 LS2 Vette on my Dyno today with a Billy Boat(?) cat back and Vortec power duct.
What I need to know is if I am supposed to disable the On Star function before tuning.
I just uninstalled a Predator :bash: system that does require the fuses to be pulled.
When I first hooked up and uploaded I found 18 calibrations out of range.:eek:
I am assuming that this is left over Predator mess. Should I be concerned?
Any hints or tips in regards to this setup will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance- The Spindoctor (Tim H)
Back ground- Over 500 tunes on systems including: Autronic, MoTec, AEM,COBB,Haltec, Electromotive,Greddy, Microtech and others.

joecar
February 5th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Tim,

Welcome to the forum... :cheers:

Yes, I would pull the fuses for On-Star and the Radio to prevent these modules interfering with flashing.

The out-of-range values may cause problems (depending on what calibrations they are)...

Do bring each of those calibrations back into range:
enter in-range values (e.g. max-1 or min+1) for all those that are out-of-range;
save the file, close the tunetool;
open the tunetool, open the file;
enter the original displayed value;
save file.

(the tuntool indicates which cailbrations are out-of-range, but it displays the closest max or min value, but it still keeps the out-of-range value even tho it is displaying the in-range max or min value).

Cheers,
Joe
:cheers:

Spindoctor
February 5th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the timely info Joe!:master:
I would like to load an original OE map. But, I have been unable to find a match. Attached is the info related to this car.
If I could get a link to a download, that would make me feel better about any lingering Predator issues.

As I spend the vast majority of my time on high boost imports I was wondering what I could expect to see for gains from this car? I have to assume that it is already pretty tight from the factory!
As always any insight is much appreciated.

ScarabEpic22
February 5th, 2008, 04:32 PM
You should get some reasonable gains from an LS2, probably +25hp/tq easily. I get ~+15-20rwhp/tq with a tune on my 4.2L I6, so 25 is probably easy to get. I cant say for sure though, other guys who have more experience with them will have to chime in.