PDA

View Full Version : Engine won't stop fueling

roadkill81304
February 9th, 2008, 02:13 PM
06 lbz Dmax
Will someone checkout this tune and tell me what i did wrong? Engine starts and idles fine, but put it in gear and give it some fuel? Awsome throttle response but let off and the engine keeps fueling. Also threw pcm internal code 6061? not entirely sure on the DTC code number. Only tried this for about 2 min.

roadkill81304
February 9th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Correction DTC code P0606

lakingslayer
February 9th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Just a quick glance I noticed you have a value in the 0mm3 row of table B1102. Why do you want fuel when it's demanding 0mm3?

Also if you aren't very familiar with tuning I'd make small changes and see how things work one change at a time and do lots of logging. This will help you a lot getting familiar with the way the truck ECM thinks. It also makes it easier to troubleshoot trouble spots like this.

The Neens
February 9th, 2008, 07:19 PM
I would be cautious of highlighting certain tables and just adding 20%, seems to cause problems in the idle areas...Compare this tune to yours and you'll see some differences...This tune is fairly mild, but seems to work well...

roadkill81304
February 10th, 2008, 01:58 AM
lakinslayer,
Thanks for spotting that one i think i accidently blended the whole table to get that value in 0mm3 of B1102.

also seem to be having conflicts with use of my edge juice with attitude (stock setting only) for guages.

Back to the grind stone.

lakingslayer
February 10th, 2008, 06:00 AM
lakinslayer,
Thanks for spotting that one i think i accidently blended the whole table to get that value in 0mm3 of B1102.

also seem to be having conflicts with use of my edge juice with attitude (stock setting only) for guages.

Back to the grind stone.

Check out what The Neens posted. He's got some good tunes and knows what he's doing. I'd get rid of the Edge and get some real guages. I'm not sure about the LBZ but the LLY's version of Edge still messes with timing even on level 0. Good luck.

Cobra#3747
February 10th, 2008, 09:16 AM
also make sure to compare the area that is changed in the neens tune and yours on the B0720 table. Yours is into an area that effects idle quality and can make the engine can stay at a certain rpm even when letting off the throttle.

roadkill81304
February 10th, 2008, 03:36 PM
hey guys,
I really appreciate all your help. I studied graphs and tables for hours and couldn't see something that simple. I decided to go a differrent direction based on your advice. so far with the minimal changes i have done i have already surpassed the level 5 performance of the juice w/attitude.

Thanks

This software definately has infinate possibilities, can't wait to learn to harness them all.

roadkill81304
February 11th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Has anyone used the Edge Insight guage system, and does it show fuel rail pressure?

fire0021
June 17th, 2008, 06:25 PM
yes and yes it does