PDA

View Full Version : AFR of 1.13??

Afterhours Performance
February 11th, 2008, 06:05 PM
In the tutorial for autove on pg. 6 it says to go to {b3605} and set as per the red triangle, I am wondering why you would want anything other than 1.0 as your commanded afr to base your ben off of? My first couple of drives in SD I noticed commanded afr of 16.6:1?? :eek:

Thanks

Jared

5.7ute
February 11th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Make sure you are viewing the units in EQ & not lambda by hitting ALT + ENTER.

Afterhours Performance
February 11th, 2008, 07:25 PM
But isnt Lambda 1.0= 14.7:1??

mr.prick
February 11th, 2008, 07:32 PM
do not change that table.
the tutorial is full of BS.
leave you commanded fuel stock and leave your PE mode on.

Afterhours Performance
February 11th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Heres a log to show what i mean. Under moderate throttle commanded afr is 16.65:1 , am running lc1, it is showing 14.63 @ the same moment. I am just curious as to why the tutorial specifically tells you to change "those" Lamba units to something leaner??

Afterhours Performance
February 11th, 2008, 07:39 PM
So I should put that table back to stock?? And wont PE skew your "true" readings from the wideband to correct ve?

5.7ute
February 11th, 2008, 07:53 PM
This is correct. The ben value is an equation between commanded & actual AFR so leaving your PE on is not a problem.
1.13 lambda is 16.5 afr or thereabouts.
1.13 EQ is 12.94 AFR.
This is why you set the commanded fuel display to either AFR or EQ.

mr.prick
February 11th, 2008, 07:56 PM
use AFR unless you are really comfortable with lambda.
also the V2 readings and the LC1 will be inline and
you won`t have to do conversions in your head. LOL

Afterhours Performance
February 11th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Thats much easier to read that way, and that will be nice having PE back while logging!! Thanks alot guys

Jared

TAQuickness
February 13th, 2008, 01:16 PM

If you don't mind, could you please enlighten me to the BS part?

RetroAus
February 13th, 2008, 10:48 PM
There are a few issues with auto VE stuff with Custom operating systems that are not outlined in tutorial.

If using COS3/COS5 and Auto VE you must be careful to force engine out of closed loop all together . Otherwise semi closed loop interferes.

You can see STFT operating in semi closed loop.

Using bidirectional controls you can turn off semi closed loop prior to log..then log .

Dont get me wrong it is a great bit of technology ....and works very well.

I have carried out a few logs and confirmed all of the above.Anybody else come across this ...???

Cheers
Kyle

TAQuickness
February 13th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Hi Kyle - There was another forum member that pointed out the semi-open loop issues with COS3/5. It was also noted that verbaige for 97-98 PCM's as well as ETC was lacking too. The latest revision of the tutorial (3/10/2007) accomodates all these issues.

If you (any one utilizing the tutorial) are having issues with it, please let us know by starting a new thread or sending a PM with as much detail as possible describing what the problem is. Problem descriptions like "the tutorial is full of BS" only let us know someone is not happy with some part of the tutorial contents and doesn't help make the tutorial any better.

Please keep in mind that a tutorial such as the AutoVE tutorial is not an end-all-be-all method of tuning. Rather, it's a starting point to help folks get familiar with with the concepts and methods of tuning.

Case in point - PE - enable it or disable it. One of the early non-published versions of AutoVE did not instruct the users to disable PE. While testing this method, we found that leaving PE enabled caused erroneous BEN factors during the PE transistions.

A more experienced tuner would recognize the transient data and know how to filter it out. A beginer might not know what to do with the transient data and end up frustrated and chasing his tail.

Given the AutoVE is targeted for folks that are relativly new at tuning, we opted to revise the tutorial to help make the initial tuning experience as least frustrating as possible.

macca_779
February 14th, 2008, 12:02 AM
I've never had a problem Auto VEing using OS5. I just disable Semi OL by commanding 14.5 where I would normally command 14.63. That and disable DFCO is all that is required to Tune VE I've found.

RetroAus
February 14th, 2008, 11:53 AM
That works too macca...I find turning off Closed loop with BIDI easier.and disabling DFCO .Thanks for the reply TA...BTW Latest revision I can find for Auto VE is DEC 2006...
Lean cruise for Aussie OS is also an issue if activated.....
Cheers
Kyle

TAQuickness
February 14th, 2008, 12:02 PM
That works too macca...I find turning off Closed loop with BIDI easier.and disabling DFCO .Thanks for the reply TA...BTW Latest revision I can find for Auto VE is DEC 2006...
Cheers
Kyle

Now that is something that needs to be fixed ;) Revision history moved to the last page of the document.

dc_justin
February 14th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Cheers
Kyle

The "problem" with using BiDi controls is that it significantly reduces your maximum framerate. You'd have to log for twice as long to collect the same data as you would if you had the bidi window closed and 24 channels of data or less.

Gelf VXR
February 18th, 2008, 07:41 PM
If you (any one utilizing the tutorial) are having issues with it, please let us know by starting a new thread or sending a PM with as much detail as possible describing what the problem is. Problem descriptions like "the tutorial is full of BS" only let us know someone is not happy with some part of the tutorial contents and doesn't help make the tutorial any better.

Given the AutoVE is targeted for folks that are relativly new at tuning, we opted to revise the tutorial to help make the initial tuning experience as least frustrating as possible.

Er Hello, Sorry but i did just this and have had no feed back from forum admin while trying to figure out how to do AutoVE on the LS2 E40.

Please refer to following links

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6513

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6529

RetroAus
February 18th, 2008, 11:20 PM
The "problem" with using BiDi controls is that it significantly reduces your maximum framerate. You'd have to log for twice as long to collect the same data as you would if you had the bidi window closed and 24 channels of data or less.

Thanks for the heads up..will try another method.
Cheers

TAQuickness
February 21st, 2008, 01:19 PM
Er Hello, Sorry but i did just this and have had no feed back from forum admin while trying to figure out how to do AutoVE on the LS2 E40.

Please refer to following links

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6513

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6529

PM Sent