PDA

View Full Version : Its been quiet, but we've been hard at work...

Blacky
February 12th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Just an update.

I know things have been quiet here for a while. I've been away on holidays, got back and made the hard decision to stop development work and redesign part of the BB logging that was not performing as well as it could. It has taken a few weeks but I think it has been worth it.

Unfortunately, the end users (you guys/gals) won't notice any difference. The changes have been in the configuration files at our end. BUT it will make it *much* easier and faster for us to add new PIDs and bidirectional controls for supported controllers in future.

We are currently working on entering* the enhanced and DMA PIDs for all supported controllers. Once that is done a new firmware update will be available with full PID black box logging.

* i.e. transfering the PID definition data from the V2 gm_enhanced.prn file to the new BB logging *.pmm files.

Note: User defined calculated PIDs will not be supported in BB logging. They can still be added later in the PC scan tool. Some commonly used pre-defined calc pids will be made available for BB logging - but they won't be user editable.

Regards
Paul

Scoota
February 13th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Paul, We all need a break once in a while including you.The efforts of yourself and Ross are quite often taken for granted.Keep up the great work. We appreciate it.Cheers Scotty.

eboggs_jkvl
February 13th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Hey! They get 2 potty breaks a day and one 10 minute feeding period. Allowing for 2 hours sleep per week should be enough for normal programmers.
:muahaha:

So what's with the holiday stuff? Isn't that a little overkill on the R&R side of the ledger! :D

:cheers:

Elmer

Blacky
February 13th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Hey! They get 2 potty breaks a day and one 10 minute feeding period. Allowing for 2 hours sleep per week should be enough for normal programmers.
:muahaha:
Luxury!

So what's with the holiday stuff? Isn't that a little overkill on the R&R side of the ledger! :D

:cheers:

Elmer
Yes :notacrook:

Paul

stkshkr
February 13th, 2008, 08:45 AM
I'm not a Beta user so I'm interested in a guess on the date for public release.

mr.prick
February 13th, 2008, 12:22 PM
what about serial connection for WBO2
and RTACS data application?

Blacky
February 14th, 2008, 11:05 AM
what about serial connection for WBO2
and RTACS data application?
The BB logging will go live before that is available for testing.
Regarsd
Paul

Blacky
February 14th, 2008, 11:08 AM
I'm not a Beta user so I'm interested in a guess on the date for public release.

We will be releasing the full PID lists for all controllers, including DMA PIDs. After they are available and the testers have had a chance to log data using them, it will be released.

The plan is to have those PIDs available before March, the release will be soon after that. But that's just a guess.

Regards
Paul

stigmundfreud
February 16th, 2008, 12:57 AM
nice to see this progressing. Having had a laptop failure recently (broke a usb port) and now my charger is playing up - i cannot wait for the BB to be fully released :D

I know someone has asked and without setting unrealistic expections is the ETA for the serial interface this year?

Blacky
February 16th, 2008, 08:00 AM
I know someone has asked and without setting unrealistic expections is the ETA for the serial interface this year?
Yes.
Regards
Paul

Hyper99
February 28th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Nothing has been said if you guys are on target with a new beta before March.

It's been a long time since the last beta release (Jan 7th) :frown:

Blacky
February 28th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Nothing has been said if you guys are on target with a new beta before March.

It's been a long time since the last beta release (Jan 7th) :frown:

The target release for the next (final) BB logging beta is March 14.
The normal development cycle consists of Ross and I working at opposite ends of each project. Ross working on the vehicle/PCM side, myself working on the PC/Software side. Eventually each project requires both Ross and I to integrate the two ends of the project into a single feature in the EFILvie software. We are doing that integration work starting March 6. Both Ross and I need to be in the same room (i.e. the same country) for that to happen.

We are aiming to complete as many projects as are ready to be integrated within 1-2 weeks of March 6. One of those projects is BB logging.

Regards
Paul

Hyper99
February 28th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the update Paul :)