PDA

View Full Version : DTC O2 sensor

hymey
February 15th, 2008, 01:56 AM
Hey guys I have a VE SS running in open loop with e38 pcm. I have the precat O2 sensors disconnected at the plug.(I would plug them back in but they are a pain to get to.)

The car emits the engine warning light on the dash. I check the scan tool and it shows a DTC for the O2 sensors. I clear the DTCs start the car and the warning goes. But once I restart the car the warning returns and I have to clear them again. I have played with other settings under edit-properties but this doesn't help. Am I able to turn of the DTCs elsewhere than where I am looking. Normally once I clear them they don't return but this time they keep coming back.

cheers

Joel

ScarabEpic22
February 15th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Umm, have you turned the O2s off in the Engine Diagnostics section? There should be a list of DTCs you can kill, just find the O2s and click Not Reported (or whatever it says).

hymey
February 15th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Thanks mate,

I will have a fiddle tonight but I went into the the DTC dispaly page(the red button) and cleared them(green button) but I will try the other section and turn them off in there as not reported.

Cheers

Joel

ScarabEpic22
February 16th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Yea, what you are doing is just clearing them, not turning them off. Thats why they come back all the time, if you set them to not reported then the codes will never be thrown.

hymey
February 16th, 2008, 11:07 PM
sweet, fixed it up. Thanks, Didnt realise that bit was there in the tune page

ScarabEpic22
February 16th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Glad to hear you got it fixed! :D