PDA

View Full Version : WOW!! ... But ...

critter
July 21st, 2005, 07:06 AM
First, let me say that the number of knobs to tweak is incredible after using LS1 Edit. The disassembly of 512K of code is a monumental task, but understanding it enough to make these utilities is incredible.

Having said that, I am getting 5 fps while set for 10 fps. I figured anything it could do at 115K serial it could do over USB. I am not filling all channels, but I thought that didn't matter. Where do I look for the cause of this?

Dirk Diggler
July 21st, 2005, 07:19 AM
Properties and scanning. Also make sure you ahve 24 channels and no more 24 channels will allow for 10 fps anything more than that and it drops down. 24 pids != 24 channels as some take up 2 slots like GM.AFR

critter
July 21st, 2005, 07:57 AM
Properties and scanning. Also make sure you ahve 24 channels and no more 24 channels will allow for 10 fps anything more than that and it drops down. 24 pids != 24 channels as some take up 2 slots like GM.AFR

Right, but does less than 24 channels slow it down???

Dirk Diggler
July 21st, 2005, 08:17 AM
Nope

Blacky
July 21st, 2005, 09:02 AM
If you have a 98 then you will only get 5 fps - that's a limit of the 98 PCM.
You can check if 10fps is supported or not in the [OBDII (F7)] tab page on the [Summary] sub page after connecting to your vehicle.

If you change to Dynamic scan mode (Edit->Properties->Logging->Scan Mode->Dynamic) and you'll get around 7-8 fps at 24 channels. And if you drop the number of selected hannels to 12 then you will get around 10 fps.

Also, you can press Ctrl+Y to open (or close) the profile window that shows the current scan mode and frame rate.

Regards
Paul

critter
July 21st, 2005, 04:23 PM
If you have a 98 then you will only get 5 fps - that's a limit of the 98 PCM.
You can check if 10fps is supported or not in the [OBDII (F7)] tab page on the [Summary] sub page after connecting to your vehicle.

If you change to Dynamic scan mode (Edit->Properties->Logging->Scan Mode->Dynamic) and you'll get around 7-8 fps at 24 channels. And if you drop the number of selected hannels to 12 then you will get around 10 fps.

Also, you can press Ctrl+Y to open (or close) the profile window that shows the current scan mode and frame rate.

Regards
Paul

It is a 2000 Z28 and it is set for 10fps. I can try Dynamic and cut back to 12 channels and see what happens.