PDA

View Full Version : look at my tune..

nissmo
February 15th, 2008, 04:00 PM
wondering if some one can suggest anything on this run that i did, it just not seem to have hp.
any tuners arround that can modify this tune? or sugestions?
-Gilbert

hquick
February 15th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Man....you've got alot of knock going on there!
Start by pulling the timing out from those areas so you don't destroy your motor.
What vehicle/motor are you running.....for someone to help you...they need info.

joecar
February 15th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Nissmo, welcome to the forum... :cheers:

Do what Howard said, and also richen up your fueling.

You have boost, so you cannot do with a wideband O2 sensor...

and it looks like you will need an intake air intercooler (IAT's are as high as and higher than your ECT's).

hquick
February 15th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Joe....I expect you meant "cannot do withOUT a wideband"?
I think you should set your HIGH and LOW octane tables back to stock and adjust your commanded fuelling table.
Hey...are you Gilbert from the Pacific Performance forum....living in AZ?
That would explain high IAT's.
From the IFR's I assume you're running 36-40lb injectors?
Have a look at my tune....if you are the Gilbert I think you are..your tune is similar. I'm using 42lb injectors and running a 4L80E trany. I'm also running 2 bar MAP and am in semi open loop using O2's but mafless.

joecar
February 15th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Ahhh... slip of the fat finger as I hurriedly typed...

yes, he cannot do without a wideband...

Thanks Howard. :cheers:

hquick
February 15th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Hey Joe....just realized he's using an LC-1 wideband.

Nissmo...your VE's need ALOT of work. You're VERY lean under boost and rich in the out of boost area's.
I suspect you're running the 0411 PCM? In my opinion (which is worth SFA) you need to step back to the base van tune and start again.
Read the Auto VE tutorial and set your Boost VE table up accordingly.
Have a look at my commanded fuel table....that should get you started OK.

hquick
February 15th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Gilbert....
All these cells should...if possible...read zero!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v35/hquick/GilbertsKR.jpg

nissmo
February 16th, 2008, 02:53 AM
Yes its me howard Gilbert From arizona :)

I'm running the marine intake with 39lbs injectors, whipple supercharger 5-6psi of boost, 4l60e tranny,LC-1.
engine is a L31 or 5.7 vortec with the 0411 ECM.
2 bar map sensor
no EGR
unfurtunatelly I cannot do a Intercooler no space, James did! :)

any one what to play with my tune or help me out??

howard ..Im at work, Remember that i work nights, I will look at that tune as soon as i ge to my place. It will be Great if I have more time to do this, but I dont and just want to get it tune properly! that Explains the lack of power and also that it does not luch, it takes her time to do.

also can someone send me the Stock Tune of the express van?

Gilbert

hquick
February 16th, 2008, 07:15 AM
HI Gilbert,
here's the stock 2 bar, COS3 van tune with the same B3647 (commanded fuel) table as I'm using right now.
You are basically running the exact same setup as me with the exception of I have the 80E trany and 42lb injectors (overkill I think).
This has the correct IFR table for your injectors.
You can insert this tune and run a data log.
If you see KR....back off.
Lets see if this helps...but....be careful.
Also....this tune is semi open loop so you CAN NOT run an AutoVE with it.
Just run a log and post it up for us to see.
Another option you can try is use my previously posted tune in the posts above and just change the B4001 (IFR table) to 5.674198 in all cells and do a transmission segment swap (as I'm running the 80E).
I too am not running an intercooler....and it's killing power. I'm beginning to look into it seriously.

joecar
February 16th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Gilbert,

We don't want to see your motor get damaged from all that pinging.

Howard has a point... in B3647 you cannot run EQ 1.00 (AFR 14.63) because the custom OS will run in semi-open/closed loop which means it uses the STFT to trim to EQ 1.0... you have to run at least 1% different from EQ 1.0 (either 0.99 or 1.01)... otherwise your BEN's will never converge to 1.0.

Also you should check the following things:
- your wideband O2 sensor is working correctly;
- your FlashScan V1 or V2 is measuring the wideband analog voltage correctly;
- you see at least one of these DTC's: P0101, P0102, P0103;
- check for airleaks;
- measure your fuel rail pressure, is it 58 psi...?;
- make sure your manifold-reference pressure regulator hose is not leaking;
- check that your spark plugs are in good condition;

Your IAT's are very hot, this reduces the cylinder airmass (inverse relation to temp) and promotes pinging... you have to find a way to cool the intake air after it gets compressed...

Cheers,
Joe
:cheers:

joecar
April 2nd, 2008, 04:01 AM
Gilbert,

Use the scantool to enter your trucks VIN into the PCM's nvram.

Your VE tables and spark tables don't look right to me... the VE table should look a lot like the torque curve.

You should copy the VE table and HO/LO Spark tables from the tune file posted by Howard/hquick in post #9
(open 2 instances of the tunetool, one on his tune, one on your tune,
from his tune do click in upper left corner of table, rightclick->copy-with-labels,
in your tune do click in upper left corner of table, rightclick->paste->paste-with-labels).

You also want Howard's B3647 CFOL and B3618 PE tables... your B3647 does not get rich enough fast enough as MAP gets high.

In B3647, do not use AFR 14.63 (EQ 1.00) since COS3/COS5 will enable STFT trimming to this AFR... use something else like 14.5.

Measure your fuel rail pressure with boost reference hose disconnected... is it 58 psi...?
For your 39 lb/hr (@ 43.5 psi) injectors running at 58 psi, I calculate the IFR to be 5.674 g/s,
your IFR shows 5.6719 g/s... that should be close enough.
Remember to reconnect the reference hose.

Check your wideband:
- in free air it should report AFR 19+
- program it to 1V flat, it should report 1V;
- program it to 4V flat, it should report 4V;
- set the idle/PT areas of B3647 to AFR 14.63 (EQ 1.00), and you should see the PCM trimming around 14.63 (looks like a tight square wave).

But when doing AutoVE, do not set any part of B3647 to AFR 14.63 (EQ 1.00).

Then... log with your wideband to see what the BEN's are doing.

Cheers
Joe,

joecar
April 2nd, 2008, 04:16 AM
Gilbert,

Your fan turn on temps are set to 284F... your fans won't turn on...

I edited my previous post again.

nissmo
April 11th, 2008, 04:46 AM
Gilbert,

Use the scantool to enter your trucks VIN into the PCM's nvram.

Your VE tables and spark tables don't look right to me... the VE table should look a lot like the torque curve.

You should copy the VE table and HO/LO Spark tables from the tune file posted by Howard/hquick in post #9
(open 2 instances of the tunetool, one on his tune, one on your tune,
from his tune do click in upper left corner of table, rightclick->copy-with-labels,
in your tune do click in upper left corner of table, rightclick->paste->paste-with-labels).

You also want Howard's B3647 CFOL and B3618 PE tables... your B3647 does not get rich enough fast enough as MAP gets high.

In B3647, do not use AFR 14.63 (EQ 1.00) since COS3/COS5 will enable STFT trimming to this AFR... use something else like 14.5.

Measure your fuel rail pressure with boost reference hose disconnected... is it 58 psi...?
For your 39 lb/hr (@ 43.5 psi) injectors running at 58 psi, I calculate the IFR to be 5.674 g/s,
your IFR shows 5.6719 g/s... that should be close enough.
Remember to reconnect the reference hose.

Check your wideband:
- in free air it should report AFR 19+
- program it to 1V flat, it should report 1V;
- program it to 4V flat, it should report 4V;
- set the idle/PT areas of B3647 to AFR 14.63 (EQ 1.00), and you should see the PCM trimming around 14.63 (looks like a tight square wave).

But when doing AutoVE, do not set any part of B3647 to AFR 14.63 (EQ 1.00).

Then... log with your wideband to see what the BEN's are doing.

Cheers
Joe,

Change what you Suggested, and also Did the Trans segment swap with the 4l60 4x4 ..39 injectors with Normal shift points and the second one I raise the Shift points to 5900
How Do they look? and what Do you think?

-Gilbert

joecar
April 14th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Hi Gilbert,

Some things to consider:

- set all the throttle kickdown tables to 100% and just control PT downshifting with the PT downshift tables.

- raise the Normal 2-3 shift pressure table by 15-20%.

- set the WOT 2-1 downshift MPH's below the WOT 1-2 upshift MPH's.

Questions:
- what is the highest/safest RPM you want to shift at (is 5900 RPM good...?)...?
- if you can shift at 5900, then the high end of the PT upshift tables could be set to 45, 85, 135 MPH respectively, are you comfortable with that (think what happens if your TPS is not quite WOT)...?)
- can your trans handle the extra TQ/HP you develop...?

Cheers,
Joe