PDA

View Full Version : ALDL Timing - Buick Roadmaster

91olds98
February 17th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Hey all,

I'm trying to get EFILive V4 to communicate with my 1995 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon - B-body auto trans, with a 5.7L V-8: the LT-1.

I can't seem to get the program to read the ECM data. I'm using the 2-transistor type ALDL cable, and have the correct ID Header and Heartbeat Code (for the B-body) entered into the program. But I keep coming up with a checksum error. Probably a timing issue - maybe.

Has anyone ever gotten one of these vehicles (or anything similar) to work with this program? If so, what timing did you use, and how did you setup the program?

This one has me stumped. Any help at all would be appreciated.
Thanks

N0DIH
June 18th, 2008, 03:37 PM
I never could with my MAX232 version either from PCMPerformance. Anyone ever have LT1 success with EFILive v4?

Hey all,

I'm trying to get EFILive V4 to communicate with my 1995 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon - B-body auto trans, with a 5.7L V-8: the LT-1.

I can't seem to get the program to read the ECM data. I'm using the 2-transistor type ALDL cable, and have the correct ID Header and Heartbeat Code (for the B-body) entered into the program. But I keep coming up with a checksum error. Probably a timing issue - maybe.

Has anyone ever gotten one of these vehicles (or anything similar) to work with this program? If so, what timing did you use, and how did you setup the program?

This one has me stumped. Any help at all would be appreciated.
Thanks

91olds98
June 18th, 2008, 11:16 PM
After about a week of fiddling with it, I was finally able to get it working (with the help of the guy who programed the software) with EFILive V4.

If you are patient, PM me with your email and I can email you my settings that got it working.

Good luck

turbo_bu
March 30th, 2009, 04:28 AM
91olds98 -

When you were able to get it to work, was this using the LT1Edit cable? I tried to use both the LT1_8051.xml files and could not get anything to come through? I went back and tried FreeScan, and it still worked.

Could you send me the settings that you found successful?

Thanks,

Wallyman
March 30th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I got it working first try, and I haven't a clue what I am doing (seriously).

94 Roadmaster LT1 with 94 Z28 T56 in a Mazda RX7.. using LT1_8051 file, reads fine (and zippy response too) tho the quantity of info shown is lacking in the dashboard.

Cable used is from ALDLcable.com, USB version.

I didn't change any settings in the program outside of the COM port.

Wallyman