PDA

View Full Version : Should you retatd timing during AutoVE?

Gelf VXR
February 18th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Should you retard the timing map a few % to protect the engine as AFR have been changed?

PE to EQ 1.13 for all values, leaned out in high kPa areas increasing the risk of detonation??

mr.prick
February 18th, 2008, 03:10 PM
don`t set PE to 14.63!
the tutorial is bunk in this regard.
if you are at 1.13EQ (12.95AFR) and lean you need to paste and multiply or,
you injectors maybe maxed out.
more info is needed.

Gelf VXR
February 18th, 2008, 03:53 PM
I'm not going leaner than commanded PE, the reason i ask is because I am setting PE to 1.13EQ which is a lot leanner than compared to stock set up in high kPa areas.

5.7ute
February 18th, 2008, 04:24 PM
IMO stock is set rich on purpose to try prevent a lean out if something goes wrong. I set enriched areas to 12.5 AFR for the tuning & leave the timing table stock. Then I add my timing table & recheck the AFR,s. Then finish timing and AFR on the dyno.
There is a theory that detonation can cause lean AFR readings so I always filter knock out with Autove.

Gelf VXR
February 18th, 2008, 04:55 PM
IMO stock is set rich on purpose to try prevent a lean out if something goes wrong. I set enriched areas to 12.5 AFR for the tuning & leave the timing table stock. Then I add my timing table & recheck the AFR,s. Then finish timing and AFR on the dyno.
There is a theory that detonation can cause lean AFR readings so I always filter knock out with Autove.

Cheers