PDA

View Full Version : V2 current usage?

Cougar281
February 18th, 2008, 04:50 PM
This morning I went out to start my truck and found the batteries where deader than a doornail. Is there a chance the V2 could kill the batteries when plugged in for about 36 hours? I'm kinda doubting it. That's the only thing that was plugged in, but I know that the batteries where getting weak (I couldn't even get a full read of my TCM without it bombing), so I suspect that it was just their time. Just want to make sure so I don't accidentally murder my new redtops by leaving the V2 plugge in for the weekend.

swingtan
February 18th, 2008, 05:04 PM
I've left my V2 plugged in for at least that long with no problems. I am running he Beta BBL firmware though which may alter the current draw in "low power" mode.

Simon.

kbracing96
February 19th, 2008, 06:21 AM
I'm not running the new beta software and my V2 was plugged in since last Thursday (went skiing this weekend) and my truck started fine last night with V2 in full powerup the whole time. I have a 2 1/2 year old walmart battery :)

Bruce Melton
February 19th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Wideband will take it down but V1 or 2 is a minor draw.

Blacky
February 19th, 2008, 10:39 AM
This morning I went out to start my truck and found the batteries where deader than a doornail. Is there a chance the V2 could kill the batteries when plugged in for about 36 hours? I'm kinda doubting it. That's the only thing that was plugged in, but I know that the batteries where getting weak (I couldn't even get a full read of my TCM without it bombing), so I suspect that it was just their time. Just want to make sure so I don't accidentally murder my new redtops by leaving the V2 plugge in for the weekend.

In non-powersave mode, FlashScan draws about 180mA
In power-save mode, FlashScan draws about 80mA

36 hours * 180mA = 6.4 amp hours. How many amp hours is your battery rated at? Was it fully charged? Most vehicle batteries at full charge are rated between 40-100 amp hours.

Regards
Paul

Cougar281
February 19th, 2008, 11:05 AM
They where the stock ACDelcos that come with the Duramax. I suspect it was just their (the batteries) time to go.