PDA

View Full Version : SD question

driver456
February 20th, 2008, 09:40 AM
I converted my 97 C5 pcm over to a 99-02 pcm and I'm running in SD mode and I have the code P0102 which I think is normal right? My question is would that keep my TC from locking up.The TC worked fine before.I copied alot stuff over from the 97pcm to the 02pcm.Should I hook up MAF and see if the TC locks up before I start looking else where.I did have the trans out to tighten up the 3-4 clutches.I took the trans pan back off,All the wires were hooked up.It shifts fine,1st,2nd,3rd,reverse,WOT,Just no lock up.I did the misfire tables too.I hope its not the o-ring on shaft that goes into the TC:frown: I put the car on jack stands put the car in 3rd and used the BI-di controls and still no lock *UPDATE* I tried the BI Di cotrols while the car was was up on jack stands,Put it in third TCC duty cycle was 100% But TCC mode still said off even when I commanded with the BI directional controls.What should I check?........................Paul

eurospec1
February 26th, 2008, 06:20 AM
I converted my 97 C5 pcm over to a 99-02 pcm and I'm running in SD mode and I have the code P0102 which I think is normal right? My question is would that keep my TC from locking up.The TC worked fine before.I copied alot stuff over from the 97pcm to the 02pcm.Should I hook up MAF and see if the TC locks up before I start looking else where.I did have the trans out to tighten up the 3-4 clutches.I took the trans pan back off,All the wires were hooked up.It shifts fine,1st,2nd,3rd,reverse,WOT,Just no lock up.I did the misfire tables too.I hope its not the o-ring on shaft that goes into the TC:frown: I put the car on jack stands put the car in 3rd and used the BI-di controls and still no lock *UPDATE* I tried the BI Di cotrols while the car was was up on jack stands,Put it in third TCC duty cycle was 100% But TCC mode still said off even when I commanded with the BI directional controls.What should I check?........................Paul

That failure will not affect your TC lockup, can you post up your tune maybe we can see whats going on?

If you cannot command the TCC to lock even with BIDI, i would start checking the wires for the TCC solenoid apply, hopefully you find something wrong there.

driver456
March 1st, 2008, 09:12 AM
Hey Rick,I had to put in a new TCC solenoid,I broke the one that was in there when I had the trans out and didn't notice it till I looked at it closer.The car was on jack stands and I got it to about 35mph and toggled the TCC solenoid on & off and its working so far:D .As soon as the roads clear up I'll take it for a ride................Paul

joecar
March 1st, 2008, 10:13 AM
Good work, good usage of diagnostic tools (bidi controls and voltmeter) :cheers: