PDA

View Full Version : loss of power

willy1375
February 21st, 2008, 09:06 AM
i keep losing power the truck wont go over 2000 rpms ,wont shift right & in general wont get out of its own way. just wondering if anyone knows of this problem & how to fix it . it doesn't do it all the time . i've had it happen to me 3 times now . PLEASE HELP

camcojb
February 21st, 2008, 11:19 AM
are you getting a check engine light, computer codes? Sounds like limp mode, but there should be a code being set that will tell you why it's happening.

Run the Efi Live scanner to check codes and then let us know which ones are set.

Jody

McRat
February 21st, 2008, 11:35 AM
You are in limp mode for the engine.

#1 cause is dirty fuel filter.

willy1375
February 21st, 2008, 12:23 PM
I'm sorry but I don't know what the limp mode is. I dont have any kind of scanner to check the codes. I did suspect bad fuel or the fuel filter.I will see if my local mechanic has the right scanner & let you know.I am getting the check engine light. thank you

ScarabEpic22
February 21st, 2008, 01:38 PM
Check engine light= probably limp mode. Are you getting a Reduce Engine Power light too (dont know if you guys have them or not)?

Im assuming you dont have EFILive then, if you do you have a scanner already...

willy1375
February 23rd, 2008, 03:53 PM
hey guys thanks for all the help . I changed the fuel filter & had the codes checked , it gave a 1083 code & a 0089 code. after i changed the filter it has run gr8 . I have been going back & forth on diesel & bio diesel , I think the bio must have broke stuff loose in the tank & thats what went into the filter & restricted the flow . So I dont know if I should run the bio anymore or not.
THANKS AGAIN
WILLY