PDA

View Full Version : GMPP Gen-IV controller kit

PSWired
February 21st, 2008, 02:59 PM
Hello, has anyone used the GM Performance Parts ECM and harness kits for the LS7/LS3/other gen IV platform engines? What I am talking about is on page 357 of this catalog: http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/_res/pdf/gm_performance_parts_catalog_2008.pdf

I'm wondering if EFILive will be able to work with this ECM and if anyone has any experience with the kit. I am looking to install it on a 2007 5.3 flex fuel with AFM.

If anyone has used it, could they get ahold of a copy of the manual for me?

GMPX
February 23rd, 2008, 06:35 PM
I guess we can't say yes or know to that working until we see one. I didn't read the page in any detail, but if they allowed a 24x crank sensor that would be nice.

Cheers,
Ross

PSWired
February 24th, 2008, 04:58 AM
Yeah, there really isn't much detail on that page. All of the engines that I saw that it supported used a 58x system though...

dfe1
April 18th, 2008, 12:50 PM
I believe-- but don't know for sure-- that all of these are E38 controllers designed for 58x reluctors. I remember reading somewhere that they are intended to simplify installation of LS2 and later crate engines in older vehicles. I think GMPP's position is that they'll supply E38-based kits for the LS2, LS3/L92, LS7 engines and MEFI-based kits for LS1/LS6-style engines.