PDA

View Full Version : Huge spike in AutoVE LS2

Gelf VXR
February 25th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Is this normal when doing AutoVE to have a huge spike at the idle cells? should I filter these cells out?

Scoota
February 28th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Do you have an image for us to have a look at.

Have you got the wide band in the tailpipe or somewhere in the system.
If you have it in the tailpipe and you are running a good free flowing exhaust system, you could be experiencing some pulsation causing some fresh air to be drawn back over the wide band O2. That will cause a large spike in your VE table at idle.

Cheers Scotty.

Gelf VXR
February 28th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Do you have an image for us to have a look at.

Have you got the wide band in the tailpipe or somewhere in the system.
If you have it in the tailpipe and you are running a good free flowing exhaust system, you could be experiencing some pulsation causing some fresh air to be drawn back over the wide band O2. That will cause a large spike in your VE table at idle.

Cheers Scotty.

I am using 2 LC-1's in the stock O2 locations, pic below

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/andysa1966/VESpike.jpg

Scoota
February 28th, 2008, 04:33 PM
I would be inclined to smooth that out and have another crack at it.
You will need to be shore that it's not going into decel mode at that point. in-fact if it's still doing the same thing, just disable decel so that it has no chance of pulling the VE table up like that.

See how you go.

Cheers Scotty.

Gelf VXR
February 28th, 2008, 07:13 PM
I would be inclined to smooth that out and have another crack at it.
You will need to be shore that it's not going into decel mode at that point. in-fact if it's still doing the same thing, just disable decel so that it has no chance of pulling the VE table up like that.

See how you go.

Cheers Scotty.

Hi, I got the DFCO settings from HPTuners tutorial, they look correct to me, setting the bandwidths for DFCO enabled between 256 to 256 º C and 8192 to 8192 RPM.

Does this look correct to you? Thanks

{B2407} DFC0 temp enabled high and set to 256 º C (enabled below) Engine coolant temp must remain below this value for DFCO to remain active. Upper limit

{B2408} DFCO temp enabled low and set to 256 º C (enabled above) Engine coolant temp must remain above this value in this table to remain active. Lower limit

{B2403} DFCO airflow enabled high and set to 8192 RPM (enabled below) RPM must remain below this value for DFCO to remain active. Upper limit

{B2404} DFCO airflow enabled low and set to 8192 RPM (enabled above) RPM must remain above this value in this table to remain active. Lower limit

grfperformance
March 1st, 2008, 04:40 AM
I had a similar issue when tuning my VE table and it was being caused by transition from a dead stop, letting out the clutch and opening the throttle. This immediate rush of air into the intake and an immediate load on the engine at the same time creates a lean condition. I played with the transient fueling tables to richen it up a bit. Also reduced my burst knock table as it wants to pull timing at the same time.