PDA

View Full Version : CL Mode counts??

Hyper99
February 26th, 2008, 09:08 PM
In the Fuel/O2/o2 Switch point table you define the X axis of the table as CL MODE with counts of 0 thru 64 - in 8(??) increments. The Y axis table is millivolts.There are a couple of other tables that reference the CL MODE also in the software. The descriptions of what CL MODE actually is missing- I believe that it is a counting factor, but what factors control it and if it is a defined factor in the PCM, is there a PID to access this?

I cannot find a PID or correlation between the MAF frequency or a MAP (kpa) function that tells me what CL mode I am in at any specific time. What are the factors that drive the CL MODE and how are we to access this. I want to make decisions about changing the bias table voltages based on MAP and/or MAF events but the CL MODE value does not really tell me anything since it does not relate to another known.

Please advise if another post discusses this, the search did not turn up any good info.:D

cmitchell17
February 27th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Yeah it gets confusing becuase anything over about 44 grams per second is closed loop 64.

But I don't get why it is not based of manifold pressure.
Becuase what about when the tc is locked at low rpms and the engine starts to knock and you have your o2 switchpoints set low to lean it out.

Hyper99
February 27th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Exactly:D

The unknown is what CL mode/count is defining. Given the breadth of tuners using the software, others must have run into this before.

I am a bit suprised that the definition is so vauge.:bash:

cmitchell17
February 27th, 2008, 02:21 PM
You do have a closed loop mode table right? B4107

Hyper99
February 27th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Yes, I have that table.

The descriptor says that it defines ranges of airflow to minimize the size of the calibration table.

Calibration for what? Its grams/second over CL mode. So CL Mode is a coarse resolution of what function?

5.7ute
February 27th, 2008, 07:56 PM
B4107 defines what CL mode is being used by airflow value.
B4105 defines the o2 switchpoint voltages for the defined CL mode.
So with a known airflow from logging GM.CYLAIR_DMA,GM.DYNCYLAIR or CALC.CYLAIR you can log which CL mode you are in. This can then be referenced to B4105 to see where the switchpoints are set.

Hyper99
February 28th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Ah, that makes sense.

Great! Thanks for the info 5.7ute:D