PDA

View Full Version : The Buttons ????????

vxleather
February 27th, 2008, 12:17 AM
Hi, probably a totaly dumb ?, but anyway was starting down the road of BBL with the V2 on the weekend... Had it all hooked up and ready to go... started loging and then woundered how do you pause it.. how do you stop it and re start it??

The V2 book that comes with the V2 new in the box has no description of what each button does..most new electrical devices with touch pads normally have a base descrition of what each button does..

Is there a thread or a link to a pdf file or so on with the information i am seeking...

Shane

kbracing96
February 27th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Unless you are a beta tester and have the latest version of the beta software, you will not be able to log with just the V2 unit. You will need your laptop to log. From what I hear, beta testing is almost done and should be release some time in the near future along with the instruction on how to use it. ;)

vxleather
February 28th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Have been logging with out any trouble as such... but can only stop and start the loging by turning the car of and on.. as i can't work out wich button pauses and which button is the record and so on...

kbracing96
February 28th, 2008, 05:04 PM
You've been logging??? as in, actually getting data that you can DL to a computer and see?? If the screen is coming on and lights are flashing, thats just showing it's communication with the pcm. As of right know, BBL has not yet been released to the general public so you shouldn't have any buttons configured to stop, start or pause BBL.

vxleather
February 28th, 2008, 05:20 PM
yep actually loging and so on??

I think my supplier of the unit has set it up for me before i recieved it.

But out of the box it BBl's for me.. hence why i am asking what all the keys do so i can refine the use of the tool..

With out having to use the laptop..

I understand your doughting my statemant but could you help me with the original ???

kbracing96
February 28th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Humm... Then your going to need to contact Blacky (Paul) or GMPX (Ross) to be granted access to the Beta software, as all the instructions and software needed to use BBL are located in the restricted Beta section of this forum, hence why there aren't publicly available instructions for BBL. Who did you buy it from?

vxleather
February 28th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Humm... Then your going to need to contact Blacky (Paul) or GMPX (Ross) to be granted access to the Beta software, as all the instructions and software needed to use BBL are located in the restricted Beta section of this forum, hence why there aren't publicly available instructions for BBL. Who did you buy it from?

ok thanks for the advice will contact one of them..

kbracing96
February 28th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Ok, I feel pretty stupid now, a thought BBL was still in the beta section and it is in the public section for beta testing :bash:. Sorry :(

There hasn't been much going on with it for a while. But they just said there going to be finalizing the software in the next 2-3week and I'm sure it will have more written documentation on how to set it up and use it. :)

ntae
February 28th, 2008, 10:24 PM
There is not a lot of info out there on using the V2 as a hand controler & BB logging as its still in beta testing . But if you take the beta challenge its all fun finding out what does what