PDA

View Full Version : E38 SD PIDs and MAPs

JezzaB
February 27th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Hey guys,
Been playing around lately alot with an Holden VZ SS E38 and Mafless tuning (SD) with Simon. Things are going very well but there is certainly a few things in the fueling side of these babys in open loop.

Ive made up a few calculated PIDs and Map files that I have been using:

E38 AutoVVE PLX BEN Calc PID
E38 AutoVVE map
E38 STFT BEN Calc PID
E38 STFT BEN map
E38 STFT map

Hopefully they are a help to some people and if anyone finds anything that is wrong with em I would love to hear about it.

Just doesnt seem to be a huge amount of info from ppl on these and I thought it might stir a few ppl up to try some stuff.

Jez

oztracktuning
February 28th, 2008, 12:41 AM
I tune them in full open loop and correct them for IAT induced drift and then finally re-enable STFT but leave LTFT turned off. You need to use PE sometimes to get the VVE and PE table to work as a team to get the desired AFRs. The VVE can be a bit stubborn and difficult to sculpture to accuracy.

JezzaB
February 28th, 2008, 08:48 AM
I tune them in full open loop and correct them for IAT induced drift and then finally re-enable STFT but leave LTFT turned off. You need to use PE sometimes to get the VVE and PE table to work as a team to get the desired AFRs. The VVE can be a bit stubborn and difficult to sculpture to accuracy.

Exactly what we have been doing. STFTs turned back on and no LTFTs. Thats the thing I noticed, the VVE changes when you apply the BENs as it converts it to the co-efficients making it a little out.

We're currently playing with the OL fueling and IVT Multipliers with a little spreadsheet I made up as its a bit rich at idle.

Jez

GMPX
March 2nd, 2008, 02:10 PM
Unfortunately simply due to the maths limitations of GM the coefficients system you will never get the VVE looking as 'complex' in transition as the good ole GenIII PCM.
But then, it has many pluses too.

Cheers,
Ross