PDA

View Full Version : Performance tune: 6.0 LS2

Chevvy SS
February 27th, 2008, 09:16 PM
The new LS2 Chevrolet SS is with us in South Africa for a while now, and we have a few tuners. However, according to them, there is not much to do or play with.

My car (auto) is fitted with Pacemaker headers (from Aussieland!), freeflow 76mm exh. system with cats removed and a growler cold air induction kit (seems I cannot get away from Auss parts!).

A tune (fuel and air settings) show little improvement. What else is there to score from a tune?

Would appreciate any help!

Thanx a lot.
________
Oregon Medical Marijuana (http://oregon.dispensaries.org/)

cmitchell17
February 28th, 2008, 07:23 AM
With truck tunes you can gain a lot of power from them.
But I would think a LS2 would be tuned how you would want it to be maybe besides a little leaner AFR, but the stock timing should be the best timing since gm dosent have to decrease the timing to make it run on regular gas.

I did not notice any diffrence from my headers in the way my engine ran so after experimenting with diffrent ve tables I just went back to a slightly modified stock ve table.

Although you should not not tune your ve table becuase it is still important to the pcm.

Ive learned that as you volumetric efficiency increases your timing should decrease in thoes areas. Headers add volumetric efficiency in some areas so you would be able to run less timing in thoes areas. But then ive heard a less restrictive exhaust (which the headers might give you over stock) requires more timing.

izaks
March 13th, 2008, 08:18 AM
The 6.0L SS in is not fitted with the LS2 motor.
The car's have the L98 and the earlier UTE's had the L76 (later one's have the L98)
With a proper tune with the mods you have, will pick up a minimum of 30 RWKW over stock

Chevvy SS
March 17th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Thanx Izak. What RWKW does a normal auto deliver at sealevel u think?
________
How To Roll A Blunt (http://howtorollablunt.net/)

hymey
March 22nd, 2008, 02:40 AM
with a tune your car would have around 260rwkw atleast with your current setup.

Clean up the timing tables. Get your WOT afrs at 12.5:1 thats were the L98's like it. You will see a gain in hp.