PDA

View Full Version : Speedo Recalc for New Tire Size

CVs06Tahr
March 1st, 2008, 06:14 AM
Just bought new tires and wheels for my 06 GTO and wanted to adjust my speedo settings to be more accurate because of the change. However, when I first went in to the Speeo Calculator I started off by entering my OEM tires into the calculator and the results were not even close to the OEM values in the tables. For example, for my stock 245/45/17 wheels (corrected tire size 3/1/07 @ 10:07 pm MST -- was 245/25/17):

Param: -> OEM Val -> Calc Value
H0101 -> 11792 -> 67536
H0104 -> 312 -> 1688.39 (the calculator inserts 636 here when apply is pressed)
H0136 -> 503 -> 487.98 (nothing happens here when apply is pressed)
H0139 -> 2540 -> 2049.26 (nothing happens here when apply is pressed)

Before I go entering the data for my new tires/wheels and really mess things up. I'd like to understand what's going on.

Any thoughts?

Blacky
March 1st, 2008, 08:56 AM
Please send the *.tun file to me at paul@efilive.com and I'll take a look.
Add a reference to this thread in the email so I know why I'm recieving the *.tun file.

Regards
Paul

CVs06Tahr
March 1st, 2008, 09:42 AM
Add a reference to this thread in the email so I know why I'm recieving the *.tun file.

Regards
Paul

E-Mail sent...

CVs06Tahr
March 6th, 2008, 12:35 AM

Regards
Paul

Bump.

Anything to report yet Paul?

Blacky
March 6th, 2008, 02:15 AM
Bump.

Anything to report yet Paul?

Sorry, I meant to ask how many teeth on the speedo reluctor ring? It may not be 40 which is the default EFILive uses for manual transmissions. If it is not 40, then you will need to change the value in the speedo calculator. (Is it 10 or 11 teeth? Sorry I don't have that information at the moment)
I have asked for the tooth count calibration to be added to the cal definition for that vehicle - for some reason it is missing.

Also the trans output shaft revs/mile is rarely used on manual vehicles. On automatics it is used for calculating gear shift speeds. Sometimes it is not configured at the factory and a dummy/default value is left in there. You should allow EFILive to use the calculated value so that the speedo calculator can calculate the correct values.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
March 6th, 2008, 02:16 AM
It appears some values are not updated when the apply button is clicked. You should copy the values back manually until we can fix that.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
March 6th, 2008, 02:21 AM
Lastly, H0104 Trans Output Shaft Revs/Mile (Revs/Mile) appears to be limited to 1024 instead of the 4828 that is shown as the upper limit.

Sorry for the last two issues, we'll get them fixed asap.

Regards
Paul

CVs06Tahr
March 8th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Sorry, I meant to ask how many teeth on the speedo reluctor ring? It may not be 40 which is the default EFILive uses for manual transmissions. If it is not 40, then you will need to change the value in the speedo calculator. (Is it 10 or 11 teeth? Sorry I don't have that information at the moment)
I have asked for the tooth count calibration to be added to the cal definition for that vehicle - for some reason it is missing.

Also the trans output shaft revs/mile is rarely used on manual vehicles. On automatics it is used for calculating gear shift speeds. Sometimes it is not configured at the factory and a dummy/default value is left in there. You should allow EFILive to use the calculated value so that the speedo calculator can calculate the correct values.

Regards
Paul

Sorry it took so long to reply. I've been working some long hours to get caught up before going on vacation tomorrow (in other words, I won't be able to reply back until next weekend). At any rate, I'm not sure how many teeth are on the speedo reluctor. Were is it located (I'm assuming inside the tailend of the M6, behind the VSS sensor)? If so, how can I tell how many teeth are on it? I'll do what I can to help out once I get back.

Blacky
March 8th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Were is it located (I'm assuming inside the tailend of the M6, behind the VSS sensor)? If so, how can I tell how many teeth are on it? Yes it is. Apart from pulling it out, there is no easy way to tell. I'm trying to get the information on the tooth count... Regards Paul

CVs06Tahr
March 31st, 2008, 07:39 AM
Bump...

It's been a few weeks... any progress?

Blacky
March 31st, 2008, 08:56 AM
I didn't get the info I was looking for, I'm chasing it up again...
Regards
Paul

MyM8V8
August 7th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Lastly, H0104 Trans Output Shaft Revs/Mile (Revs/Mile) appears to be limited to 1024 instead of the 4828 that is shown as the upper limit.

Sorry for the last two issues, we'll get them fixed asap.

Regards
Paul

Hi there,

I'm new to all this so please bear with me. 1st post and I don't particularly want to look an ass.

I have just come back from New Zealand and have brought my 2005 HSV Maloo ute back. LS2 with L65E, E40, all factory stock.

I need to re-calibrate my speedo from Kph to MPH and was reliably informed that efilive could do the job, so I purchased. I have been having no luck in making the change, particularly because the TOS value in H0104 appears to be limited to 1024 and I need to get 2733 in there. (I can enter any value below 1024 and it sticks. If I enter any value above 1024 it reverts to a maximum of 1024).

Have you fixed the bug yet or is there another workaround to my problem?

Also could someone point me in the direction of changing as well as the above; 1.the odometer from Kilometers to Miles, 2. average/instant fuel consumption from litres per 100km to miles per gallon in fact everything in K's to miles?

BTW very impressed with JoeCarrs write ups on the auto trans threads and will be looking to implement some changes unless anyone thinks that HSV's factory tune is about right?

I have been patiently looking up all the threads here and elsewhere over the last 5 days, to try and get the information I need, but have now posted in desperation.

Thank you in anticipation for any help that might come my way. PS usingV7.5.2 (Build 36)

ringram
August 7th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Hi Gareth, the latest software is 7.5.4 build 65 so you should do an upgrade for sure. You will probably also want to flash the firmware up.

As for odometer, that cant be changed, though Im pretty sure it will count up slower once things are recalibrated.

You are welcome to give me a bell if you need a hand.

Aloicious
August 7th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Yes it is. Apart from pulling it out, there is no easy way to tell. I'm trying to get the information on the tooth count... Regards Paul

The 2006 GTO had the MN6 Tremec T56 6-speed in it. the VSS speedometer reluctor *SHOULD* be a 17 tooth wheel.

edit: the T56 using the 17 tooth wheel was used in 93-02 F body M6 cars too so you could copy an '02 camaro speedometer tune and change the tire size on it if you needed to.