PDA

View Full Version : New ECM Reflash

Roadrunner
March 2nd, 2008, 04:57 PM
A friend of mine has assembled an 07 LMM with a new ECM. Can I reflash his ECM with a stock tune out of the library and get it breathing? I can get an OS # off the ecm but its nowhere near the stockers in the library. Also is there a way to get efi live to talk to the body control module? Does the BCM have to be reflashed with the ECM via dealer to make everything happy?:Eyecrazy: Thanks in advance for your advice and input!!:master: RR

Trippin
March 3rd, 2008, 06:08 AM
A friend of mine has assembled an 07 LMM with a new ECM. Can I reflash his ECM with a stock tune out of the library and get it breathing? I can get an OS # off the ecm but its nowhere near the stockers in the library. Also is there a way to get efi live to talk to the body control module? Does the BCM have to be reflashed with the ECM via dealer to make everything happy?:Eyecrazy: Thanks in advance for your advice and input!!:master: RR

Flashscan does not currently support full flash for the LBZ or LMM ecms. You would need to have the stock OS loaded first with a Tech 2.

Body control modules are not supported. (corrected this to say "not supported")

In order to get the truck to place nice with the new ECM you would need to run a VAT relink procedure.

Cougar281
March 3rd, 2008, 07:02 AM
Body control modules are supported.

They are? Thought ony ECM/TCM/PCM?

Roadrunner
March 3rd, 2008, 12:57 PM
Thanks Trippin!!!:master: RR

Cobra#3747
March 6th, 2008, 02:22 PM
you will also need to get the injector flow rates programmed into the new ECM