PDA

View Full Version : Odd issues with E67 TBSS H/C/I swap

E.A.
March 4th, 2008, 10:40 AM
So I want to start the post off with thanking the staff at EFI Live, and Ira at Fish tuning. My V2 FS unit was not communicating to any computer I attached it to. The got me a new V2 unit overnighted to my place, and everything works flawless!!! Thanks to you guys.....

Main Specs:
2007 TBSS
E67 computer
AWD

Mods:
CNC Ported L92 Heads
L92 truck intake
Comp Cam (on the mild side)
Kooks Long tubes
Kooks Catted Y pipe
Magna Flow cat back
52lb injectors (may get blower in future)

Issues at have me baffled:

1. Creeping LTFT on both banks at idle
2. Very lean LTFT on areas of high vacuum while off the throttle
3. Hard to start when dead cold mornings (20-30 degrees F) (mostly fixed)

I have listed those issues in order of importance. And have spent about a week scratching my head as to why this thing does the couple funky things that it does. I have edited the VVE tables all over the place in the areas that I am having issues with....yet it keeps coming back.

Example, say it says its adding 15% fuel at idle. I make the changes to the VVE, save and load the file..... starts off fine, then about 15min later, the trims creep right back to the 15% number. So no matter how much correction I make to the VVE either positive or negative.... I see no change. (In those areas, other areas are fine)

Now, about the areas when I am in high vacuum and no load, with my foot off the gas. I find it odd that even in these tables it registers a LTFT. Shouldn't it know that I am off the gas and not to be making a correction in these tables?

Cold start. Well, that one was really kicking my butt. But I think I have it licked after I found a LOT of very odd tables, and values in a lot of the stock programing for this E67 computer. But I have to let it get back down to 20-30 degrees F to verify the changes I have made. Today it was fine but it was 38 degrees F here, which is mild for right now. Some mornings it's 14 degrees F, in the early AM.

Anyone have issues like this on one of these E67 computers?

I am attaching a image of my log file, and using a key identifying my zones.

Purple Circle = Idle area
Blue Square = No throttle, coming to a stop
Black Square = No throttle, coasting down hills or the highway.

ScarabEpic22
March 4th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Cant help too much, but thats weird on the LTFTs though. Have you used the IFR spreadsheet to setup your 50# injectors? That might be part of it. As for those creeping values, sounds almost like there might be a leak somewhere... Do you have a WBO2?

Yes its an E67, my bad.

E.A.
March 4th, 2008, 02:46 PM
This is a stone stock 2007 AWD TBSS, and yes it had the E67 computer in it. Just like the 2008 H3 "Alpha" we are making a Supercharger system for. So my guess is that it's a late production 2007 truck or something.

This TBSS, also had the single bolt cam. Something that has been hit or miss on these 2007, and 2008 trucks and cars. I have even seen a 2008 Z06 with the old school 3 bolt cam shaft in it, yet the car next to it has the single bolt. Now that was crazy. So for this TBSS to have the E67 computer, I am not surprised.

I was thinking the LTFT creep was from a leak as well. But I can't find one anywhere, and have triple checked everything. Unless their is a crack in the manifold. But that is gonna be a bugger to try and find, since the manifold is anything but smooth who knows.

There has to be something I am missing.... just gotta keep diggin.

ScarabEpic22
March 4th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Just had a brain fart, forgot GM used the E40 in 06 and thought they went to the E38 for 07-08...that'd be bad considering how the E38 doesnt interface with any of the other OBDII modules in the TBSS...:bash: . Need an E67 for that.

GMPX
March 5th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Can you log the O2 sensors just to see the trend of them switching? They might not be working as per expected with the exhaust.

Cheers,
Ross

E.A.
March 5th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Can you log the O2 sensors just to see the trend of them switching? They might not be working as per expected with the exhaust.

Cheers,
Ross

Ross,

After I started sorting though a bunch of the factory stuff, and cleaned up a LOT of things that seem to just come down to laziness, she is in much better shape. Only a deviation of about 4-5% at this point, and she is making 100rwhp more then she was stock. Idle quality and drivablity are flawless, thanks to EFI live and the power of the VVE tables :)

Thanks again guys for getting a unit out to me under warranty so quick. I will let you know if this issue comes up again with this 2008 Hummer H3 alpha that we are doing the custom supercharger kit on. Brackets are done, the blower is all finished, and I fired her up today for the first time with the stock injectors and tune in it. I will start on the tuning tomorrow.

I had to laugh when I pulled the stock Program out of the H3. Total timing in any kinda hard load is only 7 degrees stock, with no sort of blending. (Yes this thing just came off the showroom floor) Low octane tables were a flat -4 degrees. Now I know why it only dynoed 180rwhp stock..... yet silverados with the same motor dyno much much higher.

I do need to get in touch with you, because the tranny in this H3 is not a supported operating system with EFI Live. I assume I can get with you to get that taken care of? I might need to mess with shift points after the blower goes on. (The engine ECU was supported and is a E67 model as well)

Well, I will be in touch... thanks guys.
Erik

GMPX
March 9th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Erik,

Glad to hear it's all coming together.
If you come across an unsupported OS, just Email it to support@efilive.com , depending on current work load and differences between the OS it replaces we can get support done in a reasonable time frame.
Some controllers take longer (the 6spd TCM is one of them).

Cheers,
Ross

E.A.
March 10th, 2008, 02:32 AM
Thanks Ross,

I will do that, this is a standard 4 speed auto in this H3. I was surprised it wasn't supported. But I will send that in a little bit, I been bogged down here with other work, so it will be a couple more days till I have the final tune in the H3's here.

Thanks as always!