PDA

View Full Version : B3629?

DrX
March 4th, 2008, 04:08 PM
The name of this table doesn't seem to make sense.

If the values in the table are "subtracted" from the commanded EQ ratio, and if "EQ Ratio is a value centered around stoichiometry where 1.00 indicates perfect stoichiometry and values less than 1.00 indicate a lean condition, values greater than 1.00 indicate a rich condition," then isn't the net effect actually enleanment when the table values are positive?

DrX
March 7th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Did some logging and the commanded fuel mixture definitely goes richer when these values are positive. So it appears that they are added to rather than subtracted from the commanced EQ as described in the tuning tool.

It is interesting that the table had no effect once ECT reached somewhere around 45*C, no matter what values I used. So I wonder why it extends beyond that point. Unless it is linked to something else like trans temp and that disables it?? My shifts into gear also became a lot smoother with no stumble as soon as it reached that point. Setting the table values to 0 when it was active did not have the same result.

Blacky
March 7th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Looks like you're right on the add v's subtract description problem. I'll take a closer look at it and post back in here.

Regards
Paul