PDA

View Full Version : Is the timestamp in the data files

McRat
March 6th, 2008, 03:25 AM
from the ECU, or EFILive?

I was wondering if I could use it to tie in two V2 units on separate OBDII ports of the same truck, to get more external datalogging.

Blacky
March 7th, 2008, 07:10 AM
In EFILive version 7, the timestamp is added by the PC.
In version 8 the timestamp will be added by FlashScan.

Regards
Paul

critter
October 25th, 2008, 02:39 PM
In EFILive version 7, the timestamp is added by the PC.
In version 8 the timestamp will be added by FlashScan.

Regards
Paul

So in V7 the timestamp isn't useful? I noticed a pretty large scatter on data collected 'fast' (10Hz)

Is 10Hz accurate or approximate?

TIA
Carl

PS - still use the old hardware to log since I don't have bb logging going on my new hardware yet. Although all the licenses are transfered, so I can't program my spare pcm with the old hardware ....

Blacky
October 25th, 2008, 07:51 PM
So in V7 the timestamp isn't useful? I noticed a pretty large scatter on data collected 'fast' (10Hz)

Is 10Hz accurate or approximate?

TIA
Carl

PS - still use the old hardware to log since I don't have bb logging going on my new hardware yet. Although all the licenses are transfered, so I can't program my spare pcm with the old hardware ....

Which PCM/ECM/TCM are you logging? In stream-fast and stream-slow scan modes the data rate is determined by the PCM and is accurate.

It is possible that the PC is not keeping up with the data logging and causing the time between frames to vary.

When you transfer licenses from V1 to V2 (during the V1 to V2 upgrade) the V1 license remains on V1 so you should be able to continue to tune all vehicle previously licensed to your V1 (and also with the V2).

Regards
Paul

critter
October 25th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Which PCM/ECM/TCM are you logging? In stream-fast and stream-slow scan modes the data rate is determined by the PCM and is accurate.

It is possible that the PC is not keeping up with the data logging and causing the time between frames to vary.

When you transfer licenses from V1 to V2 (during the V1 to V2 upgrade) the V1 license remains on V1 so you should be able to continue to tune all vehicle previously licensed to your V1 (and also with the V2).

Regards
Paul
I am logging a 2000 Camaro. I picked up a spare PCM to put the newer OS in. I transfered the licenses to the new EFILive hardware to do that. No biggie - I forget that I have to switch back and forth. I need to get BB logging going with the new hardware.

The times may average 10Hz, but the range is ~80ms to 130ms. No problem if the PCM is accurate.

Thanks.