PDA

View Full Version : OK guys here is your fix for injector sizes.

wait4me
March 7th, 2008, 02:57 AM
Im seeing a lot of shops just maxing out the values in the injector flow rate tables when they put in 60+ injectors on thier cars on the e40/e38/e67s.

This is not needed to be done, And or if you need to go higher it isnt a problem either...

The Ecm is using lots of tables for its base fuel injector size. If you still want to have resolution and fine tuning control via the injector flow rate table there is a simple fix...

Look at table, B1213. This table will allow you to run ANY size injector big or small, and all you to modify the injector values in B4001 to allow more resolution.

Say you are running a 80lb injector, Obviously, the Fuel injector table will have to be maxxed out if you just change B4001. However, if you left the injector table stock and just modified the table B1213 BY THE PERCENTAGE of difference of your new injectors, What happened to your tune???

Everything is now back to normal..

Redline Motorsports
March 7th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Jess,

Thanks for "enlightening" me on this today. Nice to be thinking out of the box!

HT

GMPX
March 9th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Jesse, have you done this with sucess?
I tend to recall I had the same idea a while back but was shot down when I found the code still limits the final value anyway.
Eg, you can multiply $FFFF by 2 or more, but the ECM will still clip the final value to $FFFF.

Cheers,
Ross

grfperformance
March 14th, 2008, 03:57 AM
Has anyone tried this?

grfperformance
April 1st, 2008, 12:43 PM
I did this on my new "73" lb. injectors and it worked well. It did take more work than just entering a multiplier but still, I got pretty close. Had to lower the injector offset table as the initial settings wouldn't let me get out of my rich condition.

I also took out the odd hump in the middle of the stock GTO offset table that was causing the VE table to have a hump in the same place. Since I don't have a fuel pressure sensor, I had to just create a linear curve. Seems to work though.

brm
August 29th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Hi - I've got a VY 2003 ute, running COS3, EFILive v7.4 and am trying to find this table (B1213), do do adjustment for new injectors, but can't find it (a search in the programme says B1213 not found)?

Is this on the later software, or how do I find it please? Thanks!

johnv
August 29th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Hi - I've got a VY 2003 ute, running COS3, EFILive v7.4 and am trying to find this table (B1213), do do adjustment for new injectors, but can't find it (a search in the programme says B1213 not found)?

Is this on the later software, or how do I find it please? Thanks!

This table is just in the E38 etc tables not in the ls1 calibrations

You will need to modify the injector flow rate table b4001
do a search for an injector flow rate spread sheet to calculate what numbers you need to use based on injector size and fuel rail pressure.

brm
August 29th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Hi JohnV

Thanks for that - I wondered that after I'd posted. I've adjusted the B4001 and it's running good, about to tune on the dyno now.

I appreciate your help - do you have a tuning shop in Pukekohe?

Cheers

johnv
August 29th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Hi JohnV

Thanks for that - I wondered that after I'd posted. I've adjusted the B4001 and it's running good, about to tune on the dyno now.

I appreciate your help - do you have a tuning shop in Pukekohe?

Cheers

No, just an enthusiast.
Do a bit of street tuneing here and there, and helped out with a few interesting LS1 projects.
But mostly play with my own car.

ringram
October 23rd, 2008, 08:22 AM
Excellent, this board is great :)
Will be testing this with 63lb siemens injectors very soon! Confusion now under control ;)

Chuck CoW
March 23rd, 2009, 05:46 AM
Im seeing a lot of shops just maxing out the values in the injector flow rate tables when they put in 60+ injectors on thier cars on the e40/e38/e67s.

This is not needed to be done, And or if you need to go higher it isnt a problem either...

The Ecm is using lots of tables for its base fuel injector size. If you still want to have resolution and fine tuning control via the injector flow rate table there is a simple fix...

Look at table, B1213. This table will allow you to run ANY size injector big or small, and all you to modify the injector values in B4001 to allow more resolution.

Say you are running a 80lb injector, Obviously, the Fuel injector table will have to be maxxed out if you just change B4001. However, if you left the injector table stock and just modified the table B1213 BY THE PERCENTAGE of difference of your new injectors, What happened to your tune???

Everything is now back to normal..

Thanks Jess....I've messed with a bunch of other methods when swapping to larger injectors.....

While there's a few different ways to do it...(and lord knows I've tried all of them) I think this is a really neet approach and it seems to be working just fine.

My LS2 injector IFR table is stock and I've got the Siemens 60s in there and it's running and tuning GREAT! And as an added bonus, my VE table values are finally sane!

Thanks for another great idea.....
Chuck CoW

oztracktuning
April 24th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Is this actually working or does the code limit the value thats effective to 8.0. We need to clear this up once and for all. There are arguments on other forums about it :)

kooassi
April 24th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Changes to {B4001} Injector Flow Base table worked just fine on a LS2 Procharger setup running 52LB/HR injectors.
A good starting point is,

old injector size =% Change
new injector size

A little much, engine runs rich +. Too little engine runs leaner -.
Once the correct percentage correction is made, then AFR starts to make sense. From here VE comes into line and focus can be put on fine tuning timing.
Worked for me.

johnv
April 24th, 2009, 06:44 PM
i've tuned an L76 turbo, 60lb mototrons, E38 controller.

I left all the injector tables std except B1214 which was multiplied by the change in size of the original V new injectors then the VVE table dialed in.

This worked fine, and after the tune was completed , a tune file was mistakenly flashed in with original std B1214 table and fueling immediatly went pig rich.so yes it did work for me, but unsure if fuel economy readings were correct or not ?

Gelf VXR
July 31st, 2009, 04:51 AM
Changes to {B4001} Injector Flow Base table worked just fine on a LS2 Procharger setup running 52LB/HR injectors.
A good starting point is,

old injector size =% Change
new injector size

A little much, engine runs rich +. Too little engine runs leaner -.
Once the correct percentage correction is made, then AFR starts to make sense. From here VE comes into line and focus can be put on fine tuning timing.
Worked for me.

Just what i was looking for :)

redhardsupra
July 31st, 2009, 05:55 AM
if that's your formula for flow at different pressures, then it's wrong.

Gelf VXR
July 31st, 2009, 06:11 AM
if that's your formula for flow at different pressures, then it's wrong.

There is no reference in the calibrations for different pressures. B4001 Injector flow base of g/sec @ kPa

Any help on the calibrations much appreciated?

Gelf VXR
July 31st, 2009, 06:23 AM
There is no reference in the calibrations for different pressures. B4001 Injector flow base of g/sec @ kPa

Any help on the calibrations much appreciated?

Just been looking on your blog page and found the injector set up article, i see i need to enter my injector rated fuel pressure and fuel rail pressure to derive my flow base rate.

Thanks