PDA

View Full Version : E38 2 Bar tune, 639RWHP!

AGRO
March 7th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Hi all, just a quick thanks to the efi live team for the VVE tables, makes life alot easier.:notacrook:

we have been doing lots of E38 speed density tunes lately, the one that caught my atention was a 2007 VESSV with a totally stock engine with the exception of a cam and valve springs which made 395RWHP,.

A vortech V2 blower was added along with the T REX fuel pump, which resulted in 548rwhp at 4800 rpm, the afr was tailing up, the pump could not keep up to its task.

So the t rex was swapped with a bosch 044, we were able to rev the engine past 4800rpm, first dyno pull 608rwhp.:eek: thats was with the afr flatlined at 10.7:1. (the dyno afr will not read below 10.7)

I trimmed a little fuel, 639 RWHP, thats still with the afr flatlined at 10.7 lol! i dare say the afr on the first run would have been in the mid 9's considering we picked 31 rwhp with a flat afr!

thanyou EFI live.

Girch

GMPX
March 9th, 2008, 07:52 PM
No problem Girch, it's good to hear you tuners are making such great power with E38 boosted mafless tuning even if GM tried to trick us with no actual VE table.
The idea of sticking with the coefficient tables in the form of a Virtual VE will become apparent as a big advantage when cylinder shutoff and variable cam timing makes it's way in to the mainstream vehicles too when people start bolting blowers on them.

Cheers,
Ross