PDA

View Full Version : Auto Tuning - Step-by-Step

TAQuickness
July 24th, 2005, 02:39 AM
Here it is! A complete step-by-step write up for Autotuning

Revised 8.19.05

Thanks Blacky, GPMX, and Black02SS ;)

Edit: this is an OLD THREAD! From the scan or tune tool, click "Help -> Tutorials -> AutoVE"

AllCammedUp
July 24th, 2005, 03:06 AM
e-mail sent. Thanks!

Z16DNA
July 24th, 2005, 03:41 AM
E-mail sent also. Thank you for sharing your hard work with all of us.

Let me know if there is anyway I can help you; beer, bottle, something....

Kevin

Black02SS
July 24th, 2005, 03:58 AM
Here is the link for you.

http://home.insightbb.com/~black02ss/AutoTune.pdf

Updated 07-24-05 10:55 CST

Z16DNA
July 24th, 2005, 04:00 AM
Thank you, down loading now.

Kevin

BowlingSS
July 24th, 2005, 04:54 AM
I am printing it out as I write this. Just finished my AutoTune and set everything back except MAF. I am going to try it without the MAF.
Thanks for putting it all together.

Bill
:D

TAQuickness
July 24th, 2005, 05:14 AM
Here is the link for you.

Thanks Black. My inbox was filling up fast!

Black02SS
July 24th, 2005, 05:22 AM
Anytime. I figured it would be easier this way.

AllCammedUp
July 24th, 2005, 06:36 AM
Yes, this is greatly appreciated - thanks a bunch!!

bink
July 24th, 2005, 07:02 AM
Thanks! :D

I would set both the MAF High Freqency Fail 1 {C2901} and the MAF High Freqency Fail Limit {C2902} to "1". This insures that it drops into SD at the 1st failure. FWIW.

Cheers,
joel

Black02SS
July 24th, 2005, 07:14 AM
Hey Bink, I don't have a {C2902} on my OS. Mine is {C2903} MAF High Frequency Fail Limit. Just a FYI for others if they are using a custom OS. Or if you are like me, just unlug it until you want to re-calibrate it. Much simpler.

LSRacing
July 24th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Exactly what we needed. My LC-1 is on the way and ive been reading on how to autotune and this will help a bunch. Thanks again!

TAQuickness
July 24th, 2005, 08:43 AM
You're welcome.

bink
July 24th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Hey Bink, I don't have a {C2902} on my OS. Mine is {C2903} MAF High Frequency Fail Limit. Just a FYI for others if they are using a custom OS. Or if you are like me, just unlug it until you want to re-calibrate it. Much simpler.

85 mm MAF. My IAT is in the MAF :( .

FWIW -> After 2 years Open Loop-MAF I'm playing with SD-Open Loop. WOW, this is very impressive. My FJO WB reports at 30fps - it's much more stable SD. Huge improvement.
Thanks Again (Thumbs Up emoticon here)!

Cheers,
joel

TAQuickness
July 24th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Mr. Bink - I too have an 85mm MAF on my TA. However, you have some options. If you look on the side of the MAF, there is a very basic pin-out diagram. If you are so inclined, you can use a sewing needle and a pair of needle nose pliers to remove the 3 wires associated with the MAF. This way, your MAF is unplugged and you still have your IAT. If you go this route, remember to put a nice thick coat of tape over the exposed ends.

Another other option would be to pull the wire loom back a bit, and cut the 3 wires to the MAF. I personally wouldn't do this to my car, but, it would work.

In my case, my stock set up had a seperate MAF and IAT. I left my IAT in the stock location, in the air lid, and only hooked up the 3 wires for the MAF. I had a feeling I might need to unplug that thing in the future. And the future is now.

johnv
July 24th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Thanks for shareing this with us.
I had it pretty well sorted with lots of trolling through the forums but its good to confirm I was on the right track.

In step F) those of us without a custom operating system will also need to copy {B5913}High Octane Table to Low Octane Spark table Correct?

Cheers
John

TAQuickness
July 24th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Great catch!

I have revised the document with this information.

Black02SS
July 24th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Shoot me a email TA and I'll revise the PDF so it reflects the changes.

BowlingSS
July 25th, 2005, 12:22 PM

Revised 7.24.05 2036 (GMT-6)

You can download the document here:

If you have trouble accessing the link, please email me: TAQuickness@houston.rr.com

Thanks Black02ss for hosting this document!

I just checked out your tune info. I set B3605 to 1.13 in all cells and set my ECT to 170 in the Ben filter.
What should your STFT's be after the SD Tuning?

Bill

Black02SS
July 25th, 2005, 02:16 PM
STFT's shouldn't be anything if you are still in open loop.

TAQuickness
July 25th, 2005, 04:26 PM
I just checked out your tune info. I set B3605 to 1.13 in all cells and set my ECT to 170 in the Ben filter.

Bill

STFT's don't matter that much. They are reset every time you restart the car. The LTFT's are what's stored in the PCM

BowlingSS
July 26th, 2005, 12:54 AM

Bill

STFT's don't matter that much. They are reset every time you restart the car. The LTFT's are what's stored in the PCM

Thanks. So after I complete the AutoTune my LTFT's should be -5 to 0 or close to this number. Is that right? I am re-doing my SD Tune since my LC-1 defs were not set right and just wanted to know what my LTFT's should be after SD tuning.
Bill

Blackbird
July 26th, 2005, 05:24 PM
does this document apply to 98's as well?

i was under the impression on a 98 we have to dial in the secondary ve table first and derive the primary from it.

is this not correct?

Black02SS
July 26th, 2005, 06:47 PM
If you are tuning a 98' you would need to set up two different maps IMO. One for the primary and one for secondary. Adjust both at the same time as this will get you where you need to be after you enable the MAF(if you chose to).

PS. How are you tuning a 98'?

TAQuickness
July 26th, 2005, 10:20 PM
does this document apply to 98's as well?

i was under the impression on a 98 we have to dial in the secondary ve table first and derive the primary from it.

is this not correct?

To answer your first question, yes. Autotuning is a concept/series of steps.

I have not seen a tune from a '98 so I cannot answer anything too specific about tuning them. You may have to improvise a bit to fit this document to your needs.

Blackbird
July 27th, 2005, 02:09 AM
tuning with the competition. I could not wait any longer for eflilive unfortunately.

but I still have my trusty cable (been an efilive customer since version 5 a few years ago) so according to another post I can still do all the data gathering and crunching with my eflilive and then just flash the changes via Tuners.

TAQuickness
July 27th, 2005, 03:13 AM
I would imagine it would take a good deal of improvising to make that work.

BowlingSS
July 27th, 2005, 03:59 AM
I am glad I waited for FlashScan. I had LS1Edit but wanted/needed a change last year and almost went with HP. I guess with HP you still need Excel.

Bill
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Blackbird
July 27th, 2005, 04:41 AM
according to Paul in another post it shouldn't be a huge deal.

my other option is to wait another month or two for 2.0 of tuners.

word on the street is they will have all this functionality in 2.0

TAQuickness
July 27th, 2005, 04:46 AM
Good luck on the wait.

Dirk Diggler
July 27th, 2005, 04:58 AM
If you dont have the flashscan cable you will have to use your AC pressure switch to log AFR. If the AFR data isnt integrated into your logs you will have quite a task on your hands synching it up

Blackbird
July 27th, 2005, 05:18 AM
yes I know about good luck on the wait, thus persuing this method ;)

yes I am aware of using the ac pressure switch to log my wideband.

thanks for the heads up though, always appreciated!

TAQuickness
July 27th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Sounds like you are well on your way.

Happy tuning!

Black02SS
July 27th, 2005, 10:26 AM
tuning with the competition. I could not wait any longer for eflilive unfortunately.

but I still have my trusty cable (been an efilive customer since version 5 a few years ago) so according to another post I can still do all the data gathering and crunching with my eflilive and then just flash the changes via Tuners.

Its possible and doesn't take much to set it up, but I would just suck it up and get the entire package. I sold my HPT and came back and it was the best thing I have done in awhile.

Blackbird
July 27th, 2005, 10:31 AM
if my OS ever becomes fully supported I will certainly be considering it.

until then I gotta be able to tune :)

Highlander
July 27th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Is it totally NECESSARY to unplug the MAF? Can't I just leave it there?

Thanks

Tordne
July 27th, 2005, 10:43 AM
You should be able to leave it in line, and plugged in. Just set '{C2901} MAF High Frequency Fail 1' to a value of 0.

BowlingSS
July 27th, 2005, 10:47 AM
On hand smoothing the VE table: Should you smooth using the RPM(rows) or the columns(MAP) or both?

Bill

TAQuickness
July 27th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Is it totally NECESSARY to unplug the MAF? Can't I just leave it there?

Thanks

Uplugging the MAF is the only way to 100% sure get into SD mode. Whether or not you want to remove the MAF is totaly up to you. If you are planning on running SD all the time, why leave the MAF in line? It does restrict airflow.

You should be able to leave it in line, and plugged in. Just set '{C2901} MAF High Frequency Fail 1' to a value of 0.

On most cars, you can simply set the fail frequency to 0 to force closed loop. Some cars, mine included, didn't work like that. I had to actually unplug the MAF to get into SD.

leres
July 31st, 2005, 04:18 PM
I installed my PLX M-300 this weekend (here are some preliminary notes including a wiring diagram (http://www.xse.com/leres/ss/wideband.html)). My car seems happy using the narrowband output so I took a crack at Autotune today. I drove around for about 20 minutes and ended up with the following map:

http://www.xse.com/leres/scratch/at1-sm.GIF (http://www.xse.com/leres/scratch/at1.GIF)

Most of what's in the document seems reasonable to me except for one part. When creating the autotune config, we scale all of the VE entries (both primary and backup in my case) by 15%. Then later we scale them using the average results of the filtered maps. I believe this will undo the 15% for the cells we had good data for but doesn't it leave all the other cells ~15% too high? I would think that you would want to populate all of the "empty" cells with 0.85 so that after we scale the VE tables, cells we didn't collect enough data for are unchanged. An alternate way to do it would be to divide all off the cells by 0.85 and then scale the stock VE tables.

I must be missing something obvious; maybe I should be asking why scale the VE tables by 15%? Is it because we're running open loop and are going to be off and want to insure we're too rich instead of too lean?

One other point, we don't need to worry about zero'ing the LTFTs because that happens as a side effect of flashing the calibration, right?

Tordne
July 31st, 2005, 04:56 PM
Check out my post in this thread (http://www.efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1901), you must be getting the voltage also. Search for your Wideband though, should be something like PLX1

Cheers,

GMPX
July 31st, 2005, 05:17 PM
One other point, we don't need to worry about zero'ing the LTFTs because that happens as a side effect of flashing the calibration, right?

Quick and easy answer, yes LTFT's get reset.

Cheers,
Ross

leres
July 31st, 2005, 07:04 PM
The first map image I posted is hosed, some how. Applying the TPS/ECT filter is ok but when I "hide empty cells" where a cell is considered empty if the count is less than 50 results in averages that are much less than the minimum for that cell. Anyway, here's the map using the same data if I don't hide empty cells:

http://www.xse.com/leres/scratch/at2-sm.GIF (http://www.xse.com/leres/scratch/at2.GIF)

Hopefully it's obvious to someone else what I'm doing wrong...

Tordne
July 31st, 2005, 07:58 PM
There was a bug in a particular version (don't recall which off hand) that basically has a mathematical error in the hidden cell portion of the MAPs.

From memory it hides 'n' cells (set as the number of cells to hide) from all cells still displayed. Then it does the average over the correct cell count and therefore the value is lower than you would expect.

The issue is definitely resolved in the latest pre-release version, but I'm not sure which versions have been made publicly available.

From what I gather the 7.2.3 version is due out any time now.

leres
July 31st, 2005, 08:03 PM
Before I started today I upgrade to the June 9th pre-release of V7.2.3.

Tordne
July 31st, 2005, 08:17 PM
Well that must be the version then (it's been a while)...

I guess it is going to take an Excel spreadsheet until 7.2.3 is made generally available :(

Not much conciliation but 7.2.3 will be worth the wait.

TAQuickness
July 31st, 2005, 10:54 PM
I must be missing something obvious; maybe I should be asking why scale the VE tables by 15%? Is it because we're running open loop and are going to be off and want to insure we're too rich instead of too lean?

correct. there are some cell's you are never going to hit, like 105 kPa 8000 rpm, or 15 kPa 400 RPM). The value's in these cells can safely be off by 15%.

Trims are reset when you reflash, and you are in open loop during most of this autotuning predure.

ace68
August 1st, 2005, 01:17 AM
How does this tune work for stock, mild mods, 01 TA?
Do you leave the Maf unpluged?
I have the things needed to do this but don't know if it's for me.

TAQuickness
August 1st, 2005, 04:29 AM
How does this tune work for stock, mild mods, 01 TA?

Should work fine. If all you have are a few bolt on's, lid, headers, you can probably get away with not scaling your VE table up. To be safe, I would scale it up at least 5% to make sure you don't run too lean.

Do you leave the Maf unpluged?
Only if you intend to stay in SD

I have the things needed to do this but don't know if it's for me.

Save a copy of your original tune, as stated in the write up, and if you find it's not for you, you can always flash the original tune back in.

87gmc
August 1st, 2005, 07:48 AM
I just used auto tune this weekend all i have to say is sweeeettt 8)

BowlingSS
August 1st, 2005, 08:05 AM

That is the version that has the bug. I went through the same thing.

Bill

TAQuickness
August 1st, 2005, 10:36 AM

That is the version that has the bug. I went through the same thing.

Bill

FWIW - for the time being, I have be copying my data to excel, then manually deleted the cells that have less than a 50 count

BowlingSS
August 2nd, 2005, 12:14 PM
What if you go through all this and your trims are still positive in some cells? Should you reduce the cells in the VE table that are + in the trims map?

Bill

Delco
August 2nd, 2005, 02:42 PM
What if you go through all this and your trims are still positive in some cells? Should you reduce the cells in the VE table that are + in the trims map?

Bill

Depending the atmospheric conditions you will find you go +/- over time , if its only a small amount dont stress.

Did you do your ben factors with the same AFR's you are currently running , I found if you did it with a flat 13:1 everywhere it was not quite right when going back to 14.63 , also you may find your factory O2's are not dead on the same 14.63 as your wideband I know mine isnt , there is about a 0.5 afr difference - they are old o2's though.

Patches
August 3rd, 2005, 08:15 AM
Having a bit of a problem applying this. I copied my original tune and changed all the prescribed parameters and tables as outlined in the step-by-step. Triple checked all the settings to be sure, saved it and uploaded it to the PCM. Removed power from the ignition one minute. Also, I set the PIDs as instructed in the scan tool. I did not unplug the MAF connector since I had read several posts here and on LS1tech on disabling C2901 MAF High Frequency Fail by setting it to 0.

When I started the car (stone cold), it ran very poorly - idle was suddenly low and stumbling, the engine barely running. The PCM was throwing reduced engine power and TC/AH codes and a few others. I shut it off quickly. I uploaded my original tune and the car returned to it's normal smooth operation with no codes whatsoever.

This is on an '02 Corvette M6 with the following mods:

* S2 H/C * VaraRam * FLP Headers * Ti Catback *
* DTE 4.10 * Harland Sharp * RollMaster * QTP Cutouts *
* ASP UD Pulley * FMS 30 lb. inj. *

I'm running ver. 7.2.2 with a PLX WB. My original tune was a somewhat questionable tune by the tuner I bought my h/c from along with a local dyno tune. Car runs fine normally although I'm a bit rich at the moment.

Is it possible my MAF was still enabled and conflicting with the open loop changes? I'm trying to avoid modifying my MAF connector just to retain my IAT.

Insights?

SSpdDmon
August 3rd, 2005, 08:57 AM
Did you start with a stock tune or the tune a tuner did? Chances are, to get yourself going you'll need to find a stock tune and do the whole 60%, 80%, 90% to the VE table to get up and running. If you have different injectors, you'll need to change the IFR table as well. Then follow the directions from the step-by-step. I haven't had to do this yet, but I'm sure someone here can fill you in on which parts to scale.

TAQuickness
August 3rd, 2005, 10:00 AM
As SSpdDmon posted, you will need to get your IFR table scaled correctly before starting the SD tuning process. A lot of "pro" tuners manipulate the IFR table to try and get LTFT's in line. This method is a band aid. Before you rescale you injector table, download a stock tune for your year and copy the IFR table to the tune you plan to use. Then scale the stock IFR table to match your new injectors. You can find a lot of info on proper injector scaling on www.ls1tech.com

Being an '02 Vette, I would assume you have a 5 wire MAF (85mm). This poses a unique challenge to unplug the MAF and still have the IAT sensor input. A few post up in this thread is some information that should help with this. Unplugging the MAF is the only 100% sure way to make sure the MAF is not intefering with your tuning.

Having the car run like poop when you first get into OLSD is normal (from my experience). I had one of those "professional" tunes in my car to start with. More than likely you are running pig rich with this initial tune.

One thing that would help is for you to apply the OLSD tune, start the car and let come up to full operating temp, then log about 5 minutes worth of idle. Apply the BEN factor from idling to your tune and reflash. This should help get your idle stable and then you can start working on the rest of the tune.

Patches
August 3rd, 2005, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the suggestions.

I actually still have the stock IFR table intact as my tuner never touched that table. He only did the initial tune which was pretty close considering and the dyno tune got my WOT AFR at 12.8. I did a comparison between my table and a stock 2001 LS1 vette and a stock 2002 Z06. All cells were identical. I was going to scale the IFR table to account for the SVO injectors but they shoved me from very negative to moderately positive so I thought I could tune it the rest of the way without scaling. If I scaled them the full, say, 23% or so, I'm afraid I would go too lean again. Should I?

I installed the SVO 30 lb. injectors a while ago because the Vararam had me running dangerously lean and the IDC was spiking in the 90's at times. That brought my LTFT's into a comfortable mild-rich condition, highest + values 7 and 8. I was thinking of using the OLSD tune to get the VE table set up and then returning to CL with the MAF reconnected and then scaling the MAF. A buddy of mine has done the OLSD process several times using HPT and Excel (PITA w/ ver. 1.7). I guess I should ask him to remind me how I told him to disconnect the MAF temporarily last year. Also, he scaled his IFR table before tuning after he installed a set of 30 lb. SVO's I sold him.

I'll try your suggestions next after doing that.

bink
August 3rd, 2005, 11:28 AM
Patches - reply sent to CF pm.

Here's the pm (just as easy to put it here, also)

It doesn't sound like it's falling off the MAF - i.e. it's not going into SD. Are you getting a MIL?
There is a fail limit value that was "12" with my car. Set it to "1".
Here's my post to the Autotune EFILive thread:

Quote:
I would set both the MAF High Freqency Fail 1 {C2901} and the MAF High Freqency Fail Limit {C2902} to "1". This insures that it drops into SD at the 1st failure. FWIW.

Let me know how it goes. Good Luck.

Cheers,
joel

Patches
August 3rd, 2005, 12:22 PM
OK, thanks, Joel, there's one value I did not change - MAF High Freqency Fail Limit {C2902} to "1".

I'm not getting the MIL because of the disabled P0103, P0102 and P0103 DTC MIL Enablers are set to No MIL per the AutoTune instructions posted here.

I take it you left your MAF connector plugged in in OLSD and it was still disabled with the IAT functional???

Thanks.

Ed

bink
August 3rd, 2005, 01:36 PM
OK, thanks, Joel, there's one value I did not change - MAF High Freqency Fail Limit {C2902} to "1".

I'm not getting the MIL because of the disabled P0103, P0102 and P0103 DTC MIL Enablers are set to No MIL per the AutoTune instructions posted here.

I take it you left your MAF connector plugged in in OLSD and it was still disabled with the IAT functional???

Thanks.

Ed

I left the P0103 MIL on... if it's displayed you are in SD.

My MAF is still plugged in. The IAT is functional and my MAF still reports - but it is in SD. I had the "Reduced Engine Power" until I set the Fail limit to "1".

You will love the throttle response!!
Good Luck!

Cheers,
joel

Patches
August 3rd, 2005, 03:16 PM
Great - I will try that tomorrow. Thanks for the tips!

TAQuickness
August 4th, 2005, 01:18 AM

Let me know how it goes. Good Luck.

Cheers,
joel

I have updated the document with the fail limit information. FWIW, the custom OS I'm running uses c2903 for that parameter.

Patches
August 4th, 2005, 02:39 AM
My OS uses the {C2903} parameter label also. Go figure.

Thanks TAQuickness.[/quote]

Patches
August 4th, 2005, 03:32 AM
This morning I changed the MAF High Freqency Fail Limit {C2903} to 1, uploaded the tune, started the car cold and got the same very rough-running behavior and codes. The car idled at between 500-600 and bucked pretty good. This time I let it continue to run but less than 3 minutes in, it died. While it runs, the throttle has almost no response so I can't try and get the rpm's up to keep it going. I uploaded the original tune and all's well again.

Any ideas? Could it be my drilled TB? Or was the 15% VE bump too much? My idle is normally set at 925.

TAQuickness
August 4th, 2005, 04:23 AM
try scaling your 400, 800, 1200 rows in the VE down by 15%.

What was your WB AFR while you were idling? Better yet, can you email that log to TAQuickness@houston.rr.com?

Patches
August 4th, 2005, 05:13 AM
Just got it to work. It was a combination of scaling the VE table by -15% and the IFR table by +20.3%

It's warming up now so I'm loggong and going for a drive. Sounds great so far.

Thanks.

leres
August 5th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Regarding the autotune doc; it seems like the screen grab for "Data filters" has an extra "<empty filter item>" that could be removed. Also, the title says "TPS Moves too Fast & Low Coolant Temp" but it seems it would be more accurate to say "TPS Moves too Fast or Low Coolant Temp".

The doc says that after autotuning, LTFTs should be good (-4 to 0) for a closed loop SD tune. Would the same be true for a MAF tune?

What is the procedure for calibrating the wideband? I have a PLX M-300 which does not seem to require hardware calibration. Is there some kind of calibration I need to do with EFIlive?

(In case I haven't mentioned it before, this is all very slick!)

TAQuickness
August 6th, 2005, 05:13 AM
Regarding the autotune doc; it seems like the screen grab for "Data filters" has an extra "<empty filter item>" that could be removed. Also, the title says "TPS Moves too Fast & Low Coolant Temp" but it seems it would be more accurate to say "TPS Moves too Fast or Low Coolant Temp".

Please email me your screen shots and I will update the doc.

The doc says that after autotuning, LTFTs should be good (-4 to 0) for a closed loop SD tune. Would the same be true for a MAF tune?

If you are running CL w/ MAF, then yes, you will still want your LTFT's in the -4 - 0 range

What is the procedure for calibrating the wideband? I have a PLX M-300 which does not seem to require hardware calibration. Is there some kind of calibration I need to do with EFIlive?

WB calibration is vendor specific. Nothing to calibrate on the Flashscan box that I'm aware of

(In case I haven't mentioned it before, this is all very slick!)

;)

BowlingSS
August 8th, 2005, 08:12 AM
Right now I am running Closed Loop SD. I am still logging my BEN and was wondering if I can still use these numbers just like I did when I was AutoTuning? Most of the numbers are around 1.0 but some are not as close probaly because I did not have enough data logged. I only logged about 3 hours of data and tried to hit every cell I could but some were hard to hit.
I was also thinking of just going to Open Loop all the time.
What does everyone think?

Bill

TAQuickness
August 9th, 2005, 01:11 AM
Right now I am running Closed Loop SD. I am still logging my BEN and was wondering if I can still use these numbers just like I did when I was AutoTuning? Most of the numbers are around 1.0 but some are not as close probaly because I did not have enough data logged. I only logged about 3 hours of data and tried to hit every cell I could but some were hard to hit.
I was also thinking of just going to Open Loop all the time.
What does everyone think?

Bill

You can definately do this, but I'm not sure what benifiet you would see. While you are in closed loop, the PCM is trimming the fuel based on O2 sensor feed back, so your WB reading will represent the AFR after trimming.

I would think you would get a better idea of what's going on by monitoring your LTFT's.

leres
August 9th, 2005, 05:47 AM
Please email me your screen shots and I will update the doc.
(I PM'ed you Saturday; I made a new screen grab but I don't have your email address...)

If you are running CL w/ MAF, then yes, you will still want your LTFT's in the -4 - 0 range
I understand what the range I'd like my LTFTs to be; my question is if I autotune my VE tables and then go back to closed loop MAF operation, will my LTFTs change? If my goal is to bring my LTFTs into the optimal range, is changing the VE tables the answer?

joecar
August 9th, 2005, 07:21 AM
...I understand what the range I'd like my LTFTs to be; my question is if I autotune my VE tables and then go back to closed loop MAF operation, will my LTFTs change? If my goal is to bring my LTFTs into the optimal range, is changing the VE tables the answer?

If going back to MAF changes LTFTs by much, I understand the MAF table then needs to be tuned (and leave the VE table to where you just tuned it to).

TAQuickness
August 9th, 2005, 09:30 AM
[quote=TAQuickness] Please email me your screen shots and I will update the doc.
(I PM'ed you Saturday; I made a new screen grab but I don't have your email address...)

I don't have any messages in my box. My email address (TAQuickness@houston.rr.com) is also in the first post of this thread.

Thanks in advance for the screen shots!

Patches
August 10th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Got several iterations of OLSD log/update cycles done. Not as easy as one would think even on the backroads I have the good fortune to live around. Got my BEN factor table looking pretty good although I'm sure it could use a few more iterations. Updated the original file, reverted back to CLSD and started to go for a LTFT logging drive when the skies opened up. :( Oh well, tomorrow's another day. :wink:

Had a couple of issues during the logging sessions. Once, I had apparently copied a few low-count, skewed-value BEN cells to the VE table and the car went into reduced power mode a couple minutes into the drive. A quick upload of the previous tune fixed that.

Also, I started getting a flaring start problem (2500 rpm for 3 sec.) about halfway through the process. That disappeared when I loaded my CL tune in but I'll have to see if it returns on cold starts. The idle tuning sticky mentions adjusting Base Spark in Gear and Base Spark in Park/Neutral so I'll keep that in the wings if it returns.

TAQuickness
August 10th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Patches

From my experience, you will want to get your idle dialed in before attempting to tune the VE table.

Idle is where it all starts ;)

Patches
August 10th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Idle is perfect after reverting back to CLSD so far. My buddy had the same experience with his C5 after SD tuning - his idle smoothed out after VE tuning as well. Go figure. I'm sure I have a good amount of tweaking left but the car is definitely running better.

TAQuickness
August 10th, 2005, 10:57 PM
Once you are back into CL, the PCM will learn the LTFT's that make the idle nice.

What are you trims for FTC 19?

joecar
August 11th, 2005, 12:24 PM

Revised 8.9.05 2355 (GMT-6)

Edit: for the time being, I cannot seem to make the add attatchment work. In fact, it's not even an option. So If you would like a copy of the doc, please email me.

If you would prefer an uncompressed copy of the document, please email me: TAQuickness@houston.rr.com

Do we email you for the 8.9.05 updated doc (I can't find the link to it)...?

Highlander
August 11th, 2005, 01:48 PM
i have been having a problem with the VE Tuning...

After i dial in the VE... pretty much next to 1.0 in the ben factor, i put back cl and they simply go over the place and all of the sudden at WOT it goes 1 full afr richer 11.2 more or less... is there something to do with the OL Fueling?

TAQuickness
August 11th, 2005, 02:14 PM

Revised 8.9.05 2355 (GMT-6)

Edit: for the time being, I cannot seem to make the add attatchment work. In fact, it's not even an option. So If you would like a copy of the doc, please email me.

If you would prefer an uncompressed copy of the document, please email me: TAQuickness@houston.rr.com

Do we email you for the 8.9.05 updated doc (I can't find the link to it)...?

:?: :? :?:

joecar
August 11th, 2005, 06:35 PM
TAQuickness, I'm sorry mate, I was suffering from instant brain fade. :shock:

Patches
August 12th, 2005, 06:29 AM
After running in SDCL mode for a day, two issues persist.

1) On cold start (not hot start though) the engine races at 2500 rpm for 3 secs before settling at the correct starting idle speed.

2) I have a cruise control problem on deceleration with the clutch pressed in. As I approach a stop, I push the clutch in to brake and come to a top. The enging remains at 2200-2500 rpms until about 2-3 secs after I stop and then drops suddenly to the correct idle speed. Also, if I then rev the engine a bit while stopped, it will climb to 2200-2500 and then decay back to idle in 2-3 seconds.

These two symptoms didn't appear until I had driven for approx. 20 minutes after switching back into CL mode.

Suggestions?

SSpdDmon
August 12th, 2005, 07:16 AM

1) On cold start (not hot start though) the engine races at 2500 rpm for 3 secs before settling at the correct starting idle speed.

2) I have a cruise control problem on deceleration with the clutch pressed in. As I approach a stop, I push the clutch in to brake and come to a top. The enging remains at 2200-2500 rpms until about 2-3 secs after I stop and then drops suddenly to the correct idle speed. Also, if I then rev the engine a bit while stopped, it will climb to 2200-2500 and then decay back to idle in 2-3 seconds.

These two symptoms didn't appear until I had driven for approx. 20 minutes after switching back into CL mode.

Suggestions?

http://efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1928&highlight=follower

Check into setting your throttle cracker & follower tables. That could very well be the problem.

Patches
August 12th, 2005, 10:58 AM
I copied my VE table to the CL MAF tune. The only difference in parameters from the CL SD version is what makes it SD - all other values are identical. The MAF version ran great although the trims were 5-13 negative. So, with the MAF enabled and using the SD VE table, the runaway start and cruise control effect disappeared and it leaned out. This is the original tune I was rich with before the SD tune.

TAQuickness
August 12th, 2005, 11:17 AM
TAQuickness, I'm sorry mate, I was suffering from instant brain fade. :shock:

Not a problem man. I frequently suffer from uncontrollable cerebral flatulence ;)

BowlingSS
August 18th, 2005, 12:37 AM

Suggestions?

The 20 minutes was probally the idle learn time????
Bill

Patches
August 18th, 2005, 09:12 AM
The 20 minutes was probally the idle learn time????
Bill
Possibly. I adjusted the IAC table and both symptoms disappeared.

I've reenabled the MAF now and my trims have gone lean - about half as far over as they were before the SD tune. When I revert back to SDCL mode, trims and BEN table are great. Back into MAF mode again and the trims go lean on me with the BEN table holding steady. I'm thinking a MAF recal is now in order.

TAQuickness
August 18th, 2005, 11:06 AM
could always hang the MAF on your garage wall as a decoration :)

BowlingSS
August 18th, 2005, 11:10 AM

That is where my is!!!!! In fact I have two of them.

Bill

Patches
August 18th, 2005, 11:14 AM
That's all well and good but what to do come emissions time here in Georgia? I don't think a MAFless C5 designed to run a MAF will pass.

BowlingSS
August 18th, 2005, 11:17 AM
That's all well and good but what to do come emissions time here in Georgia? I don't think a MAFless C5 designed to run a MAF will pass.

It might pass as long as you do not have any codes.

Bill

TAQuickness
August 19th, 2005, 01:00 AM

Do you have to pass a visual inspection? If so that might be a problem. Otherwise, send me copy of your tune (TAQuickness@houstonr.rr.com).

TAQuickness
August 19th, 2005, 01:03 AM
The latest verion of the AutoVE doc can be aquired here http://www.efilive.com/doc/index.html

BowlingSS
August 19th, 2005, 01:18 AM
The latest verion of the AutoVE doc can be aquired here http://www.efilive.com/doc/index.html

Nice format.

Bill

BowlingSS
August 19th, 2005, 01:19 AM

Do you have to pass a visual inspection? If so that might be a problem. Otherwise, send me copy of your tune (TAQuickness@houstonr.rr.com).

GA does not have a visual inspection, just emissions.
Bill

Patches
August 19th, 2005, 02:28 AM
Correct - no visual. But they do the OBDII query and I would imagine a MAF shut off in the PCM would raise a flag on their computer. I have yet to hear from any MAFless owner in an OBDII emissions state claim to pass. I passed my normal emissions test last March but I need to know with sufficient time in case I need to pop the MAF back on and complete adequate driving cycles to satisfy the tester.

TAQ, I'll send you a copy of my tune this morning. TIA.

Btw, awesome AutoVE tutorial. The new format looks great. Thanks for taking the time to create that.

Ed

TAQuickness
August 19th, 2005, 03:06 AM
Gotta thank Blacky and GPMX - they took on the challenge of getting into the "Live" format!

leres
August 23rd, 2005, 01:08 PM
The latest verion of the AutoVE doc can be aquired here http://www.efilive.com/doc/index.html That looks good except when I print it (HP 4200dn), the top of every page is chopped. For example, on page 1 the top 25% of the header, "EFILive AutoVE Tutorial ..." is missing. I suspect there might have been a setup problem when the .doc was converted to pdf.

TAQuickness
August 23rd, 2005, 01:16 PM
hmmmm.... did you save the doc to your PC before you tried to print it?

(just trying to duplicate the problem)

Edit:
I've tried a few different scenarios and couldn't duplicate the problem.

Just to eliminate the obvious, are your margins set right? Papersize?

leres
August 23rd, 2005, 01:48 PM
The version on the download page is pdf, not doc.

Anyway, it looks like the version of acroread I'm using on my FreeBSD box doesn't shrink the page quite enough to fit. And in fact the problem I see when I print from there happens with other .pdf's on the efilive page.

So it looks like the problem is mine and no further adjustment is necessary...

TAQuickness
August 23rd, 2005, 02:28 PM
sorry chief - by doc i ment document not *.doc

glad you found the problem

leres
August 23rd, 2005, 04:01 PM
Actually I just found the real problem, the printer setup in acroread on that system was set for a paper size of A4. I changed it to "letter" and now it prints correctly!

GMPX
August 23rd, 2005, 04:13 PM
Actually I just found the real problem, the printer setup in acroread on that system was set for a paper size of A4. I changed it to "letter" and now it prints correctly!

Oh no, Rick will be on here complaining about Metric again with comments like that :wink: :wink: :wink:

Cheers,
Ross

87gmc
August 31st, 2005, 11:31 AM
so even if the all the parameters are disable in the tuning tool does the maf still have to be unplugged? i have one with five wires and really dont wanna rig up a separate iat sensor

TAQuickness
August 31st, 2005, 01:29 PM
unpluggin the MAF will 100% guarantee you fall into SD mode. There have been some reports that just the tune settings alone don't always get you into SD mode.

Give it a shot. If you set your tune up right, and you don't get the p0102/3 codes, you aren't in SD and you will need to unplug your MAF.

87gmc
September 1st, 2005, 02:03 AM
unpluggin the MAF will 100% guarantee you fall into SD mode. There have been some reports that just the tune settings alone don't always get you into SD mode.

Give it a shot. If you set your tune up right, and you don't get the p0102/3 codes, you aren't in SD and you will need to unplug your MAF.

So do i leave the MIL on to verify the codes? or is that with them off

Dirk Diggler
September 1st, 2005, 02:04 AM
I turn the MIL off but the code still pops.

BowlingSS
September 2nd, 2005, 03:46 AM

I had to unplug my MAF to get it to go into SD mode. Of course now I removed it completely. Now if I could just find a bellows to go from the TB to my SLP Lid. I have a make shift thing now.

Bill

SSpdDmon
September 2nd, 2005, 06:36 AM

I had to unplug my MAF to get it to go into SD mode. Of course now I removed it completely. Now if I could just find a bellows to go from the TB to my SLP Lid. I have a make shift thing now.

Bill

Just do it like the procharger setups. Find a polished tube and connect it on either end with rubber hose and hose clamps. Should be relatively easy.

TAQuickness
September 2nd, 2005, 11:37 AM
FWIW - heres some pics of the SLP smooth bellows I'm using
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359184

BowlingSS
September 7th, 2005, 12:01 AM
Does anyone make a bellow for this application?

Bill

WicketMike
December 23rd, 2005, 03:33 PM
Does anyone make a bellow for this application?

Bill

http://www.bakerprecision.com/purosil.htm

69camaro5speed
December 31st, 2005, 05:14 AM
does the auto tune work for mas air

ringram
December 31st, 2005, 05:56 AM
It works for both means of measuring air MAF and MAF-less.
Actually you disable the MAF to tune so the method is the same for both setups.

69camaro5speed
December 31st, 2005, 09:15 AM
i had a question on egr valve any one know if its better to leave it on for gas milage or off looking at the egr valve timing table looks like they put more timing in when its open that makes me think its better to have left on and as for auto tuning i guess it still on after the auto tune set witch if thats how you are going to be driving it i am sure it should be on just didnt know if it was better performance and gas maleage to leave it on thanks

Trippin
December 31st, 2005, 09:42 AM
The only thing EGR benefits is emissions.

It is better for performance and mileage to turn it off. Having the EGR on basically dilutes the incoming mixture with spent exhaust gasses making for less efficient combustion.

Of course you would only turn it off for testing purposes right. :nixweiss:

leres
December 31st, 2005, 10:15 AM
The EGR has at least one performance benefit; by lowering the combustion temperature, it helps reduce knock. So it's a good thing for part throttle acceleration and high load conditions. Also, the EGR system is only in use part of the time. For example, it is disabled during WOT.

Trippin
December 31st, 2005, 12:10 PM
The EGR has at least one performance benefit; by lowering the combustion temperature, it helps reduce knock. So it's a good thing for part throttle acceleration and high load conditions. Also, the EGR system is only in use part of the time. For example, it is disabled during WOT.

I agree with lowering the combustion temperature, for anti knock, but EGR does this by displacing Oxygen molecules. Hence a loss in power either in part throttle or high load conditions. There are far better ways to do this other than using EGR.

So I respectfully disagree that EGR has any mileage or performance benefits. It does however do a fantastic job of building up carbon throughout your intake tract. :Throwup:

leres
January 1st, 2006, 03:11 PM
It's true that when the EGR is operation, exhaust gas displaces some O2. But all this really means is that you need a little more throttle angle let the missing O2 in so you can burn the same amount of fuel. Remember, the ECM tries to keep the A/F ratio constant. We're not at WOT so there is more throttle angle available.

This is a clever way to reduce combustion temperature which reduces knock which we all agree is a performance killer. It has no impact on mileage. It's an elegant solution.

eboggs_jkvl
January 2nd, 2006, 03:57 AM
With the addition of the 98s, is there any change to the autotuning process or steps? Do the 98s have the ability to do ALL of the steps and processes listed in "Autotuning"?

Elmer

WicketMike
January 4th, 2006, 03:23 PM
With the addition of the 98s, is there any change to the autotuning process or steps? Do the 98s have the ability to do ALL of the steps and processes listed in "Autotuning"?

Elmer

I was wondering this also.

I also have a few other questions.
On the autoVE tuning, we are basicly getting all the cells to be 0 which will be at 14.63 AFR, correct? and what about WOT, are we suppose to hit the higher maps and get those at 14.63 also? and then do WOT tuning thru the Pe vs. RPM table after Autove is done?

ringram
January 5th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Auto tune compares commanded vs actual and the difference is your BEN value. (% error)

Which you can then multiply the actual by in order for it to match commanded. (adjustment)

Therefore at WOT you can command 12.5:1 if you like in B3647 with OS3.

However if you are runinng a stock OS you must disable PE mode as per the autotune instructions, you will see B3605 for open loop has enrichment for high MAP rates. So you should be pretty safe anyway.

Its not hugely important that you are tuning to 14.63 but what is important is that your commanded and actual values are accurately compared.

DFCO, PE and often lean cruise can make this less accurate, hence they are turned off.

WicketMike
January 5th, 2006, 05:31 AM
thanks,

The commanded is always 14.63 for me, i have noticed in some of the higher maps at low rpms that it is actually 16.xx.
I have a stock OS.

WicketMike
January 7th, 2006, 02:49 PM
In the B3605 "commanded fuel when in open loop" table.

I set it like it says in the AutoVE of 1.13 (12.95afr) at 75map and higher at 40c and higher, but when i do my logging and look at it afterwards it says the commanded is 16.58.

why isnt it 12.95??

thanks

Mike

jnorris
January 7th, 2006, 03:00 PM
In the B3605 "commanded fuel when in open loop" table.

I set it like it says in the AutoVE of 1.13 (12.95afr) at 75map and higher at 40c and higher, but when i do my logging and look at it afterwards it says the commanded is 16.58.

why isnt it 12.95??

thanks

Mike

Good question. My commanded AFR has always matched the values in the "commanded fuel when in open loop" table.

John

WicketMike
January 7th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Good question. My commanded AFR has always matched the values in the "commanded fuel when in open loop" table.

John

Im hoping somebody can help with this.

If you take the 1.00 which is 14.63 and times it by the 1.13 you get 16.53 (16.58 acutally) which is what its commanding at those higher maps.

why would mine be going the wrong way? and if thats the case, i wonder if thats one of the reasons why im lean on cold starts, cuz that would be me in the 17.'s at cold idle 1.17*14.63=17.12

ADDED:
I went to the Edit>Properties>Display and changed lamda to AFR and then went back and looked at the table and sure enough, it says 16.58 instead of 12.95.

please help

thanks

ringram
January 7th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Lambda and EQ are opposites of each other (inverse!), I think this has been answered by Blacky in another thread. Best idea for me anyway is to use AFR in all fueling tables as its less confusing.

ZL1Killa
January 12th, 2006, 06:17 AM
if you want an AFR of 14.63 you set your PE based on rpm table to 1.00

here is an attached excel sheet of some AFR's for ya, its a zip file but if you can't unzip it send me your email address

joecar
January 12th, 2006, 06:39 AM
EQ = 1/Lambda = Stoich/AFR

Rich: EQ > 1 or Lambda < 1 or AFR < Stoich
Lean: EQ < 1 or Lambda > 1 or AFR > Stoich

It can be easy to work with EQ; for example, EQ 1.02 is the same as saying 2% rich.

eboggs_jkvl
January 12th, 2006, 07:20 AM
if you want an AFR of 14.63 you set your PE based on rpm table to 1.00

here is an attached excel sheet of some AFR's for ya, its a zip file but if you can't unzip it send me your email address

My PE based on RPM is set to this:

LABELS PE Modifier Based on RPM (AFR)
RPM {link: SAE.RPM} Value
0 13.037127
400 13.037127
800 13.037127
1200 13.037127
1600 13.037127
2000 13.037127
2400 12.913499
2800 12.781279
3200 11.822935
3600 11.822935
4000 11.822935
4400 11.822935
4800 11.822935
5200 11.822935
5600 11.822935
6000 11.822935
6400 11.822935
6800 11.822935
7200 11.822935

That is Stoich for my turbo setup. Does that help? Once you are in PE, the A/F goes by this table. If I wanted it 14.6, I'd simply set it at 14.6 but I need RICH when I go PE (WOT).

Elmer

WicketMike
January 12th, 2006, 07:56 AM

0 13.037127
400 13.037127
800 13.037127
1200 13.037127
1600 13.037127
2000 13.037127
2400 12.913499
2800 12.781279
3200 11.822935
3600 11.822935
4000 11.822935
4400 11.822935
4800 11.822935
5200 11.822935
5600 11.822935
6000 11.822935
6400 11.822935
6800 11.822935
7200 11.822935

That is Stoich for my turbo setup. Does that help? Once you are in PE, the A/F goes by this table. If I wanted it 14.6, I'd simply set it at 14.6 but I need RICH when I go PE (WOT).

Elmer

im getting my turbo installed next week and ill shoot for those numbers in the pe. but what are you doing for part throttle? are you still shotting for 14.63 at part throttle?

eboggs_jkvl
January 12th, 2006, 08:03 AM
14.6 is what the PCM is supposed to be thrashing about and getting me.

Elmer

ws6togo
January 16th, 2006, 05:41 AM
I just used auto tune this weekend all i have to say is sweeeettt 8)

Where is the auto tune function??

TAQuickness
January 16th, 2006, 06:31 AM
Where is the auto tune function??

Go back to post #1 of this thread

bink
January 24th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Go back to post #1 of this thread

Do Not go past GO. Do Not Collect $200. :notacrook:

:cheers:
joel

ZL1Killa
January 25th, 2006, 03:11 AM

0 13.037127
400 13.037127
800 13.037127
1200 13.037127
1600 13.037127
2000 13.037127
2400 12.913499
2800 12.781279
3200 11.822935
3600 11.822935
4000 11.822935
4400 11.822935
4800 11.822935
5200 11.822935
5600 11.822935
6000 11.822935
6400 11.822935
6800 11.822935
7200 11.822935

Elmer

sorry about that, I haven't changed my view to AFR from the options, I'm still using the original

Builtyodas
December 12th, 2017, 06:48 PM
I am new to efi live and trying to idle tune and set some parameters with out a wideband 02 sensor. I have read several posts but get confused as there is conflicting info. This is a 01 5.3 with flat top pistons and an asa cam with a 60e trans with a 2500 rpm stall with 36 lb bosch injectors which are 42 lbs at 58 psi. I have scaled the injectors and copied the tables from the 2000 asa Camaro tune. The truck will start and run cold but die when warming up. Also idle will surge in gear when warm. I have driven the truck a short distance. Also when starting black smoke out tail pipes. Any help be greatly appreciated

joecar
December 13th, 2017, 01:19 AM
Hi Builtyodas,

welcome to the forum :cheers:

are you running a MAF...?

Post your current tune file, and the stock 5.3 tnue file.

Builtyodas
December 13th, 2017, 03:32 PM
Joe car I sent you an email also if you could help me greatly appreciated running out of time to get this truck done

Builtyodas
December 13th, 2017, 03:34 PM
I was going to load a custom operating system and go mafless after I get the idle and thing tuned. Just trying to get it drivable so I can take it to get it tuned. It's a 5.3 with flat top pistons and an Asa cam with 36 lb Bosch injectors out of a Camaro. I've already set up the ifr tables and it runs some what but very rich and when warms up does. But driving a short distance it stays running till come to a stop

joecar
December 14th, 2017, 11:54 AM
Joe car I sent you an email also if you could help me greatly appreciated running out of time to get this truck doneMy internet provider blocks @gmail.com domains... do you have an alternate email address that you can email me from...?

Builtyodas
December 14th, 2017, 04:43 PM
I do not have one that's my only email. Hmmm do you have messenger or another way of communication?

joecar
December 15th, 2017, 04:59 PM
You could post it here if it's ok with you (other people would also comment on your tune).

Builtyodas
December 18th, 2017, 06:45 PM
Hi Builtyodas,

welcome to the forum :cheers:

are you running a MAF...?

Post your current tune file, and the stock 5.3 tnue file.

here is a copy of the tune

joecar
December 19th, 2017, 08:08 AM
here is a copy of the tuneI'll take a look later today.

Oaks
February 12th, 2018, 02:58 AM
Hi im oaks and im new at all this. I got the Anarchy mercenary
Auto Cal I've got no idea what the abbreviations mean and i got error codes

joecar
February 12th, 2018, 05:43 AM
Hi im oaks and im new at all this. I got the Anarchy mercenary
Auto Cal I've got no idea what the abbreviations mean and i got error codes
Welcome.

What year/model/vehicle do you have...?

Oaks
February 12th, 2018, 03:32 PM
Welcome.

What year/model/vehicle do you have...?

2007 dodge ram 3500 6.7l

Oaks
February 12th, 2018, 03:34 PM
2007 dodge ram mega cab 3500 6.7l

joecar
February 13th, 2018, 07:13 AM
2007 dodge ram mega cab 3500 6.7lThis particular thread refers to GM gasoline tuning...

you might want to post in this thread: Cummins-6-7L (https://forum.efilive.com/forumdisplay.php?82-Cummins-6-7L)

Dozerboy
December 26th, 2018, 12:02 PM
Sub

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ehradek
February 19th, 2019, 01:55 PM
hey guys new here and need some help. i installed a vortec 5.7 into a 98 s10 along with a 0411 pcm. we have been trying to figure this out for some time. when truck first starts cold it runs very good maybe a little smoke from fuel im guessing. after it warms it starts to smoke of fuel badley. should i follow the auto tune post above or am i missing something. i am trying to run a 2002 express file for the tune. thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide. by the way i have efi for this build but am not very savy on tuning.

ehradek
February 20th, 2019, 02:00 PM
so went through auto tune instructions but i do not have a wideband. i did notice right side o2 reading higher voltage than left. engine runs great with throttle but terrible at idle. i messed with ve tables today lowering them which seemed to help smoke but had a hard time idling. any help is appreciated.

timweber
April 26th, 2020, 02:11 AM
so went through auto tune instructions but i do not have a wideband. i did notice right side o2 reading higher voltage than left. engine runs great with throttle but terrible at idle. i messed with ve tables today lowering them which seemed to help smoke but had a hard time idling. any help is appreciated.

Did you have any luck with tuning this? I have a similar set-up in a Z71 I am trying to tune. I get to the step where I need to adjust Table B3605. This table doesn't exist in my tune. Does anyone know what I should do next? I am new to this. Thanks!

nonnieselman
April 26th, 2020, 02:26 PM
Did you have any luck with tuning this? I have a similar set-up in a Z71 I am trying to tune. I get to the step where I need to adjust Table B3605. This table doesn't exist in my tune. Does anyone know what I should do next? I am new to this. Thanks!

It says in the tutorial
"11. If your tune contains {B3605}, open calibration {B3605} “Commanded Fuel When in Open Loop”"

Post up your tune.
Are you using any of the Custom Operating Systems?

joecar
April 27th, 2020, 07:55 PM
You can get by without having to edit B3605... it's values will show up on the wideband.

timweber
April 28th, 2020, 12:37 AM
You can get by without having to edit B3605... it's values will show up on the wideband.

Thank you for the responses! I did find the help tutorial that talked about B3647 vs B3605 so I think I am good with that part.

Now I just have to set up the correct PIDs. I guess I have to create a custom PID for my AEM UEGO? I am surprised it is not an option. Or am I missing it?

timweber
April 28th, 2020, 12:52 PM
Thank you for the responses! I did find the help tutorial that talked about B3647 vs B3605 so I think I am good with that part.

Now I just have to set up the correct PIDs. I guess I have to create a custom PID for my AEM UEGO? I am surprised it is not an option. Or am I missing it?

I am trying to create the Serial PID Base Efficiency Numerator - External WO2LAM1_LS1. The instructions do not say what to do with the file once you complete it? Just click save? I have attached the calc_PIDs.txt. Did I do something wrong here?

Thanks!23276

timweber
May 6th, 2020, 12:45 AM
OK I finally figured out the PIDs. Now when I try to connect I get the following error. Can V7.5 still be used somehow?

timweber
May 8th, 2020, 03:46 AM
OK I finally figured out the V7.5 issue. Now can anyone see why my map isn't showing anything?2328723288

ScarabEpic22
May 9th, 2020, 11:44 AM
OK I finally figured out the PIDs. Now when I try to connect I get the following error. Can V7.5 still be used somehow?

Yes, you must use V8 to upgrade your FlashScan V2's firmware, then you can use V7.5 Scan or Tune tools.

joecar
May 17th, 2020, 05:10 AM
I am trying to create the Serial PID Base Efficiency Numerator - External WO2LAM1_LS1. The instructions do not say what to do with the file once you complete it? Just click save? I have attached the calc_PIDs.txt. Did I do something wrong here?

Thanks!23276

Add 2 blank lines to the end of your file.

joecar
May 17th, 2020, 05:11 AM
Post a log containing MAP.

timweber
May 17th, 2020, 12:59 PM
Post a log containing MAP.

Joecar, Thanks for the response. I finally got it. I had to switch the units from SAE to metric and back a few times and it started working. It has been quite the struggle with almost every step. I have done a couple runs so far and it is running much better. I might lean on you to look over my tune after I do a little more autotuning.

joecar
May 27th, 2020, 08:40 PM
Tuning is generally a lot of work.

Post log and tune files (before/after) here and I'll take a look.

timweber
May 31st, 2020, 12:27 PM
Tuning is generally a lot of work.

Post log and tune files (before/after) here and I'll take a look.

Thanks so much, This is what I have so far. I tried to do RAFIG today but no values were apparent.

383 Vortec heads
whipple SC
Marine intake
Marine Cam233212332223323