PDA

View Full Version : Driver installation issue.

waterbug1999
March 7th, 2008, 07:18 PM
I just bought the V2 and everything was cool till I tried to install the driver when I plugged in the scan tool.

I went into device manager and found that I was getting a code 10 in one window and code 28 in the other.

Any ideas one whats going on and why my laptop and scantool wont talk to each other??? I tried to re-install and same result.

I have an external 500G memory that has the same cables and it has no prbolems connecting.. I am stumped. Thanks..

Tordne
March 8th, 2008, 09:07 AM
I'm not sure what the code 10 and 28 ar, or what the two windows you refer to might be?

Are you able to post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Please also ensure that you are running the 7.5.3 release (and not the release that may have been included in the package). 7.5.3 can be downloaded from this post: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7092

Before installing 7.5.3 we recommend uninstalling previously EFILive software and drivers. If you have not started with these tools yet that will be easy.

If you have already modified things we recommend that you backup your 'C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7' and 'My Documents\EFILive\V7' folders before uninstalling.

Once 7.5.3 is installed the drivers will reside in your 'c:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Drivers\FlashScan' folder.

waterbug1999
March 8th, 2008, 02:02 PM
I just installed the disk that was provided.

I should unistall that?

I was wondering if it could be becuase I have shitty Vista?

poolshark021
March 8th, 2008, 02:08 PM
I have it installed on vista with no problems.

waterbug1999
March 8th, 2008, 02:14 PM
I have it installed on vista with no problems.

Thanks... I know vista can be a PITA sometimes.

poolshark021
March 8th, 2008, 05:07 PM
I didn't use the disk that came with it at all. I just downloaded everything from this site. Try what Tordne said and uninstall everything and re-install it from the download link he posted.

waterbug1999
March 14th, 2008, 01:57 AM
I just uninstalled the version I got from the disk and downloaded the link above and I get the same damn thing.

How do I copy a screen and post it up to show what errors I am getting?

waterbug1999
March 14th, 2008, 02:03 AM
Here is what I get.. When I open up the scan or the tune icon.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z164/waterbug1999/efilivepicsture.jpg

Ira
March 14th, 2008, 07:33 AM
I've attached a document I wrote to help people with driver issues. Can you try following the directions and see if you can get the driver installed?

Well, I can't upload it here, so you'll find it here instead

www.fishtuning.com/downloads/I_just_installed_EFILive_and_I_cant.pdf

Ira

waterbug1999
March 18th, 2008, 07:13 PM
THAT WORKED... Thanks alot.

joecar
March 18th, 2008, 10:09 PM
I stickied this so the document can be found easier.

Thanks Ira :cheers:

waterbug1999
March 20th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Another question.

So, I have the 7.5 version and I needed a manual to read to get an idea. So, are the 7.4 manuals the same thing?

I downloaded them here.

http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx#downloads7

On the bottom of the page. So, the 7.4 version and the 7.5 version the same thing?

Blacky
March 20th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Another question.

So, I have the 7.5 version and I needed a manual to read to get an idea. So, are the 7.4 manuals the same thing?

I downloaded them here.

http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx#downloads7

On the bottom of the page. So, the 7.4 version and the 7.5 version the same thing?

Yes, the V7.4 manual is very close to what is in V7.5, there should only be a few minor screen display./format differences.
Regards
Paul

waterbug1999
March 21st, 2008, 03:05 AM
Thanks...

Now, if they snow would go away I could take the car out and get some logs.

duramaximizer
June 25th, 2008, 06:05 PM
I have tried this numerous different ways, and still get the same message. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tordne
June 25th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Uninstall the drivers from Control Panel-> Add/Remove programs and run FTClean. Then install the latest drivers. That will absolutely et rid of it.

duramaximizer
June 26th, 2008, 04:16 AM
It is listed in my add/remove, but it won't let me change/remove it.

Blacky
June 26th, 2008, 10:38 AM
It is listed in my add/remove, but it won't let me change/remove it.

Connect FlashScan.
Goto the device manager* and find FlashScan V2 under the USB connections section.
Right click on FlashScan V2 and select uninstall (if the FlashScan V2 entry exists).
Disconnect FlashScan.
Run FTClean.
Reconnect FlashScan and hopefully the install wizard will start up.

* Device manager can be opened using the following sequence:
Right click on my Computer, select Properties.
Click on Hardware tab page
Click on [Device Manager]
Expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers item.

Regards
Paul

duramaximizer
June 27th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Thanks, I had done that. I then called Guy Tripp and I'm send my unit back to him for repair.

Thanks,

Adam