PDA

View Full Version : Flashscan not responding when trying to data log

99TransAmls16spd
March 11th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Hi everybody. I am new to efilive and the obdII tuning spectrum. I am very excited to get started but am having problems.

First, what I have: V2 commercial scan and tune version 7.5.3 per cd. Laptop is only a year old with an AMD turion 64 and 2gb ddr2 ram, running XP. Vehicles are '99 TA and '98 Silverado 5.7

The V2 seems to read the ecms, as flashscan does connect and checks the PIDs, O2s, etc. However, as soon as I hit the yellow view realtime data, the program freezes and is "not responding". Same thing happens for the record button.

I've set the properties for the V2 cable, have uninstalled and reinstalled the software 3 times, did the same for the v2 drivers. The current driver is ftd2xx.dll 3.1.12.1. I have tried all 4 of the usb ports. I have selected/entered the corresponding vin and ecm each time. And have tried this on both vehicles.

Am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

joecar
March 11th, 2008, 09:31 AM
I pm'd Tech Support.

Blacky
March 11th, 2008, 09:34 AM
There is a known bug that will cause the software to hang if no PIDs are selected when you atempt to start logging. The problem was only discovered a few weeks ago and a fix is being made to the software.

Meanwhile, make sure you have at least one valid PID selected before you attempt tot monitor (yellow button) or record (red button) any data.

Regards
Paul

99TransAmls16spd
March 11th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Awesome! That solved the problem. Thank you