PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with my tune, car wont' even start.

farmdawg
March 11th, 2008, 05:22 PM
This is the tune for 9psi on a maggie 112 for my 02 Camaro SS with a forged 347, that I got from the supplier of the maggie kit. It worked on a car with the same heads/cam, blower/pulley setup that I have, but his car was M6, with 3.90 gears and mine is A4 with 3.42's, but the supplier told me he manually changed the tables and necessary things to work with my A4 setup and stall using the other guys information, he couldn't cut and paste becasue of the differences, he said.

When i flash the tune in, my car won't start, It fires, stumbles and dies all in about 1.5 seconds. If I hold the throttle open or lightly touch the acclerator while cranking the egine won't fire at all, just cranks. I'm lost, I have no idea what to do The tune worked fine for the other guy in his car, and last time he dynoed with the tune and setup put down over 525rwhp, even though there were some issues found on the dyno, and he kept spinning the tires on the dyno.

I'm getting 60psi fuel pressure according the guage on the fuel rail, runnning Accel 44# injectors with rated fuel pressure of 43.5psi, and fow rates of 43.9lb/hr.

I'm a complete newbie at LS1's, this is my first one, as well as my first forced induction motor on top of that, so please dumb down your replies for me to understand. If any more information is needed, please ask; i'll gladly help someone who's helping me get this beast tuned and running the way it should.

All help is GREATLY appreciated!!!!!

:nixweiss: :bawl: :help2:

5.7ute
March 11th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Using the spreadsheet I get IFR values of

Change B4001 to these values & give that a go.

JezzaB
March 11th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Do you have a manifold vacuum reference Fuel Regulator? If so repeat the first value (6.496300g/sec) 5.7ute mentioned across the whole table.

Jez

farmdawg
March 11th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. 5.7Ute, I'll try yours first, Jezzab, i do have an adjustable fuel pressur regulator that i think works off of mani vac, there is a vac fitting on it, I have not installed it yet. It was purchased to regulate the fuel pressure down to 50psi for a stock ls1 fuel pump rating. Is that what you're recommending, or leave it at 60 and use the cal that you suggested?

JezzaB
March 11th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. 5.7Ute, I'll try yours first, Jezzab, i do have an adjustable fuel pressur regulator that i think works off of mani vac, there is a vac fitting on it, I have not installed it yet. It was purchased to regulate the fuel pressure down to 50psi for a stock ls1 fuel pump rating. Is that what you're recommending, or leave it at 60 and use the cal that you suggested?

If you dont have the vac line on the reg, use 5.7s settings (they are the injector flow rates calculated for your 44lb inj @ 60psi fuel pressure) and leave it at 60psi. I ran through the calcs and got the same settings.

If you put the vac line on at a later date you will have to change the injector flow rate tables again because it will be too rich at idle ;)

wait4me
March 12th, 2008, 03:29 AM
VAts is shutting off your car. Dissable it in the tune. That or perform the VATS relearn on the pcm and the problem will be fixed. Your learnt data was deleted when you started with a different file.

wait4me
March 12th, 2008, 03:41 AM
Also are you running a 2bar? the tune isnt set up for it.

and missfires for the cam, and your main ve table is flawwed.

farmdawg
March 12th, 2008, 03:45 AM
How do I find VATS in the tune? Doesn't the engine have to be running to do the crank re-learn? Again I'm new to this, and I appreciate all of the help.

This tune was supposed to be based off of an old tune from my car that I sent to the kit supplier. He just plugged the new information into the appropriate cells and sent it back to me if I understood correctly. I'll check the vats anyway, once I figure out where to look for it.

farmdawg
March 16th, 2008, 03:33 PM
I tried to change the injector flow rates, and no luck. I checked the vats info and it's the same as what's in the current tune that does work; same settings and all.

I do have a 2bar map sensor installed per the kit supplier, he included that in the kit when I purchased it.

I have no idea where to begin checking and changing information to try to get this working. I have been in contact with the kit supplier and he has tried to work with me, but distance being what it is it's hard to know what exactly to do over the phone. I'll be in contact with him again this week, to see what else he recommends I try, but what does everybody else think I should do?

5.7ute
March 16th, 2008, 04:31 PM
If you have fitted the 2 bar sensor you need to change the map scaler (C6301) to 190. C6302 should be 10.3.
To ensure Vats isnt the problem set G1201 to none.

Beer99C5
March 16th, 2008, 07:30 PM
When I loaded COS5, there was a table I did not know about that commanded the car rich...I fouled the plugs pretty badly. Took me a couple days troubleshooting to get around to it, but it was as simple as a plug change. I did a thread on it, search my post w/ COS5 if it is similiar incident.

farmdawg
March 16th, 2008, 07:30 PM
i'll give this a try.

Beer99C5
March 16th, 2008, 10:07 PM
i'll give this a try.

Here is the the thread that chronicled my adventure :cheers:

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=5190&highlight=plug

farmdawg
March 17th, 2008, 03:15 AM
I haven't upgraded to COS5 yet, and it's not an issue of fouled plugs; the car fires up and runs on the startup tune. It acts like it's too rich to start and chokes itself out.

5.7ute
March 17th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Do you have a wideband connected ?
Do you have any logs you can post up?
Also a bit more info would help. For instance have you fitted the 2 bar sensor?
As wait for me has stated the VE table is flawed & will need some work.

farmdawg
March 17th, 2008, 02:49 PM
I do have a wideband connected to the exhaust, but not the Flashscan v2. I have an LM-1 and have not figured out the wiring to connect it to the handheld yet, everything I have looked up only covered the LC-1 connecting to Flashscan V1, and there is a big difference between the LC-1 and LM-1 and the connectors for Flashscan V1 and V2.

I don't have any logs that I can post that are recent. I have some old ones that were logged before getting the current tune to the state it's in now, so they wouldn't be useable.

The 2bar sensor is installed on the manifold and connected to the electrical connector. I used the information that was provided in an earlier post to change the map scaler and the vats to what was suggested, but I have not had time to try to flash this new copy of the tune in yet to see if it works. Maybe tomorrow night or later, this week is extremely busy with road reconstruction at work.:bawl:

What other information would you like? I could give you the laundry list of parts that were installed and all of the specs that I can find or look up, what else do you need to help me get this thing going? I'll be more that happy to do whatever I can to be of assistance.

How bad is the main VE table flawed, where do I begin to make the changes, and what changes should I make.

I bought EFILive to learn on and because the kit supplier uses it as well and the idea was that he could help me with the tweaks and learning part and send the .tun file through email for me to download and flash in. He's helped where and when he can, I don't want anyone to think that he's flaked on me, but he is VERY busy wih other customer's cars and assembling, marketing, selling, and shipping the blower kits to all of the buyers, and he has done installing and tuning on some of the kits that he sold. He's a great guy and easy to deal with, just sometimes hard to get in touch with. That's why I come to you all for help.:help2:

5.7ute
March 17th, 2008, 04:27 PM
I havent got a V2 so there isnt much help I can give regarding the calibration of the inputs. It goes into detail in the scan tool help file though so before you go any further you should get the wideband inputs set up. The wiring for the lm-1 analog out is
Red analog out 1
White analog out 2
Black ground.