PDA

View Full Version : AutoVE datalog filters

Gelf VXR
March 13th, 2008, 09:52 PM
I can imagine that peeps are quite secretive about there filters lol! I spent hours playing with filter settings until I was fairly happy with the results excluding the data that I thought ought to be excluded.

The results have quite an impact on BEN values, does anyone care to share their filter settings for AutoVE log files?

Gelf VXR
March 16th, 2008, 04:53 PM
PCM Tuning = Black Art lol

5.7ute
March 16th, 2008, 07:07 PM
I use the basic filters from the tutorial plus.
exclude any kr not equal to zero
IAT under my baseline
IAT over my baseline
TP less than 1%
As has been stated on here before, driving to maximise your cell counts without transients is better than having a good filter set and no data.
What filters are you running Gelf VXR?

TAQuickness
March 16th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Actually, I think there have been quite a few threads disclosing various filter combo's people are using.

I've found using the RTACS that by not filtering all the possible transients from the data that over all drivability has improved.

Gelf VXR
March 17th, 2008, 01:49 AM
I use the basic filters from the tutorial plus.
exclude any kr not equal to zero
IAT under my baseline
IAT over my baseline
TP less than 1%
As has been stated on here before, driving to maximise your cell counts without transients is better than having a good filter set and no data.
What filters are you running Gelf VXR?

I am filtering out high transient values for EXT.AD and SPARKADV as well as excluding data at higher and lower limits. My results have yet to be verified by further datalogging.

I'm also filtering out ECT < 80C and KNKRET > 0

Gelf VXR
March 17th, 2008, 11:09 PM
After hours of experimentation I finally settled for the filters in the pic below. The IAT filters still need narrowing down, last log IAT's were around 10C.

The effect was to exclude around 16% of the total number of frames. I figure I'm on the right path as the cell for 800 RPM / 26.3 kPa is now reduced reading BEN 0.9 instead of 1.11 which was causing a huge spike in the VE map

Before

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/andysa1966/benlc12.jpg

After

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/andysa1966/benlc12after.jpg

Filters

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/andysa1966/Filter.jpg

And my VE map (smoothed and low map/rpm spike manually reduced further)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/andysa1966/vemap.jpg

WHYTRYZ06
March 18th, 2008, 12:18 AM
where did you get all those extra options in the cal file??? i have c0s5 in my gen3 pcm and I dont have all of those calibrations in my airflow table...

WHYTRYZ06
March 18th, 2008, 12:27 AM
also i dont use too many filters i used the tutorial's filter but hid frame's less than 5, got the BEN close to 1.00 w/ autove by setting b3647 to (14.9afr) then set the b3647 commanded fuel in open loop table to 14.63 where i wanted it so the stft trims would straighten it out. Now in gonna tweek the commanded fuel open loop multiplier table A0008 for cold starts and overall driving.. a0008 table wont skew my ve table (since its very close), only my b3647 which is what I want..

Gelf VXR
March 18th, 2008, 12:31 AM
where did you get all those extra options in the cal file??? i have c0s5 in my gen3 pcm and I dont have all of those calibrations in my airflow table...

I have a gen4 pcm

WHYTRYZ06
March 18th, 2008, 01:52 AM
I have a gen4 pcm

looks like the gen4 pcm has some better calibrations..

stigmundfreud
March 27th, 2008, 08:18 AM
I use the tutorial ones but exclude less than 30kPa cells and tend to time my drives to be when the ambient temp is the same.

Why are you excluding frames that are less than or equal to 85c ECT?

joecar
March 27th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Motor is not sufficently warm which means the ECT tables might be modifying fueling.

stigmundfreud
March 27th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Having just gone back to my filter its 178f not 68c as I thought it to be :S

Gelf VXR
March 27th, 2008, 03:22 PM
I use the tutorial ones but exclude less than 30kPa cells and tend to time my drives to be when the ambient temp is the same.

Why are you excluding frames that are less than or equal to 85c ECT?

My recorded temps were between 88 and 94C, I will narrow my filters to capture data in the 85-95C range. I believe the enginge is most efficient at around 90C also.

I will filter my IAT out of 25C, the PCM starts to look up spark retard above this temp.

stigmundfreud
March 27th, 2008, 10:07 PM
all sounds reasonable! It had been almost 8 months since I did my filter and for some reason had a lower temp in mind. Likewise ect stays fairly constant and as I was getting only very slight knock at WOT did not see any need to be more thorough on the filters.

Its MOT day and I'm a little concerned about the emissions test but we'll see how it goes