PDA

View Full Version : Wideband serial update

Blacky
March 13th, 2008, 09:44 PM
A couple of screenshots of the wideband serial interface for FlashScan:

Press F1 to toggle display between Lambda and EQ Ratio.
Press F2 to toggle display between two separate controllers. (Note that a second LC-1 was not connected so "Controller Not Found" is displayed for controller #2).
Press O to to perform a free-air calibration on an LC-1.

I expect to release the beta firmware tomorrow night.
It will include the BB Logging update as well.

Regards
Paul

ChipsByAl
March 13th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Will this be a full install for the beta or do I need to install the current beta and then this update?
Al

kbracing96
March 14th, 2008, 04:47 AM
Will this first beta be for only LC-1, or will the other controllers that have been talked about like my Tech Edge be supported as well?

Chevy366
March 14th, 2008, 05:14 AM
For those of us who have a Innovate Product , this is like Christmas in March . :santa2: :unwrap:

joecar
March 14th, 2008, 05:59 AM
:cheers:

Highlander
March 14th, 2008, 06:58 AM
/bow

but this will also work for an LM1 right?

TAQuickness
March 14th, 2008, 08:54 AM
It's always Christmas here!

Paul - Your V2 is nude! We normally ban folks for posting nudy pics on the forum, but, since you're the man and all, I think we can let it slide just once.

Blacky
March 14th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Will this be a full install for the beta or do I need to install the current beta and then this update?
Al
It will most likely be a full install.
Regards
Paul

Blacky
March 14th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Will this first beta be for only LC-1, or will the other controllers that have been talked about like my Tech Edge be supported as well?

The following controllers are supported now:
LC-1 (up to 2 LC-1s may be connected)
LM-1 (up to 1 LC-1 and 1 LM-1 may be connected)
PLX SM-AFR (up to 2 PLX's may be connected)
TechEdge 1.5
TechEdge 2.0
JAW
AEM UEGO
And, still waiting to hear back from FJO regarding their serial data format.

Note: Only the LC-1 has been comprehensively tested, the others have all been developed from their respective manufacturers' data sheets. So there may be some initial teething problems with reading the serial data.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
March 14th, 2008, 09:32 AM
/bow

but this will also work for an LM1 right?

Yes, but see note in previous post about teething problems.
Regards
Paul

JezzaB
March 14th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Woohoo! Im toey as a Roman sandle to try this out!

Jez

VortechC5
March 14th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Now that is cool! :cheers:

Time to scrounge up a null modem cable.

mr.prick
March 14th, 2008, 05:16 PM
will this be a full beta release, or an update?
i might be brave enough to try this one.

Blacky
March 14th, 2008, 06:51 PM
It will be a full release - no pre-requisites required.

Regards
Paul

ChipsByAl
March 15th, 2008, 01:45 AM
Thanks Blacky, can't wait.
Al

mistermike
March 15th, 2008, 10:10 AM
This is great! Long time coming, but as always, worth waiting for!
Blacky for President.

articSS
October 27th, 2008, 04:21 PM
was ther ever an update one the fjo serial info.

mr.prick
October 27th, 2008, 04:36 PM
the V2 supports FJO now.

TFZ_Z06
October 27th, 2008, 05:20 PM
A couple of screenshots of the wideband serial interface for FlashScan:

Press F1 to toggle display between Lambda and EQ Ratio.
Press F2 to toggle display between two separate controllers. (Note that a second LC-1 was not connected so "Controller Not Found" is displayed for controller #2).
Press O to to perform a free-air calibration on an LC-1.

I expect to release the beta firmware tomorrow night.
It will include the BB Logging update as well.

Regards
Paul

Is FlashScan capable of logging 2 Innovate WBs that are chained together?
Its implied from what I've read above, but wanted to find out before I wire it up.

Oh, wow, I thought this was a new post...

Blacky
October 27th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Is FlashScan capable of logging 2 Innovate WBs that are chained together?
Its implied from what I've read above, but wanted to find out before I wire it up.

Oh, wow, I thought this was a new post...

Yes, any two of LC1, LM1 or LM2 (or any combination of two of them) can be logged simultaneously.

Regards
Paul

articSS
October 28th, 2008, 10:20 AM
the V2 supports FJO now.

how do i hook up the serial port to the fjo. i have the 4000 model not the 4001 will it still work? it dosent have a serial port on the controller but the manual says it can be hooked up to a pc.

MENIOS
September 6th, 2010, 11:35 PM
paul
im relatively new to efi live ,, i mean i have read alot and then some more ,, i dont usualy ask questions as i like a challenge to figure it out with the plethora of info this site provides,,, now dont laugh but i cant get my v2 to connect to my innovate lm1 ,, ive set the settings as per forum threads and double checked with tutorials ,, connections are right i got latest software version on laptop
should i use my plx sm afr?????

joecar
September 7th, 2010, 02:01 AM
paul
im relatively new to efi live ,, i mean i have read alot and then some more ,, i dont usualy ask questions as i like a challenge to figure it out with the plethora of info this site provides,,, now dont laugh but i cant get my v2 to connect to my innovate lm1 ,, ive set the settings as per forum threads and double checked with tutorials ,, connections are right i got latest software version on laptop
should i use my plx sm afr?????Which wideband do you have...? What engine RPO...? What year/model/vehicle...? What mods...? What V2 firmware version...?

L31Sleeper
September 7th, 2010, 02:13 AM
Paul - Your V2 is nude! We normally ban folks for posting nudy pics on the forum, but, since you're the man and all, I think we can let it slide just once.

YEAH !! whats up with that

LOL I guess I should pay more attention to the date on a post

mr.prick
September 7th, 2010, 02:13 AM
Is the cable wired correctly?
Look at this: TAQCables sLM1.pdf - TAQCables sLM1 (http://forum.efilive.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3849&d=1220569841)

MENIOS
September 8th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Car is holden vy 04 a4 cam 222 222 112 at 50 kpac springs and 1/ 78th 4 into ones my lm1 is not black its like a off white i bought it new years ago . It works great infact i use it to win arguments against friends with shit meters. Firmware ? I dunno.. efi live 7.5 does my lm1 need update or trip to the bin?

joecar
September 8th, 2010, 02:47 AM
Car is holden vy 04 a4 cam 222 222 112 at 50 kpac springs and 1/ 78th 4 into ones my lm1 is not black its like a off white i bought it new years ago . It works great infact i use it to win arguments against friends with shit meters. Firmware ? I dunno.. efi live 7.5 does my lm1 need update or trip to the bin?Cool, long tube extractors with large primaries :cheers:

Ok, did you install builds 130 and 111 from --> here (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133).

Then, after installing those, start EFILive Explorer (EE) and update V2 firmware to 2.6.40.

Then, in the V2 options, are you setting:
- serial port to"Wideband",
- wideband to "Innovate".

Then, are you using some form of null-modem adapter (either an in-line adapter, or a wire-swap in your cable)...?

As far as I know, all LM-1's support serial data out... you might want to check the sensor itself (have you seen the video using a rag sprayed damp with brake cleaner, the rag is wrapped around a hot sensor, a good sensor causes a steady rich reading, a bad sensor causes a momentary rich reading followed by a steady lean reading).

Cheers
Joe
:^)

MENIOS
September 8th, 2010, 10:43 AM
thanks for info joe ill get those builds in asap ... didnt know about that ,, just thought it was plug adjust settings and play
DAMNNNN i thought ud love the big and long primaries ,, love being different ,, down here everyone runs 1 3/4 i made 397rwhp through auto 307 ratios,, and didnt lose any bottom end ,, i was rather proud of it lolololol injectors clipping the 100 percent mark though ,, BETTER CHANGE THOSE!!!!!

MENIOS
September 8th, 2010, 12:44 PM
hey joe
i downoaded 111 and the 130 i ran them up ,,, then i ran explorer it immediately asked to update so in turn i i clicked yes,, it updated the boot block then went into dead poll,,, while there it told me it will stay in dead poll untill i updated the firmware so i clicked yes ,,, now i unplugged refreshed and checked status on updates ... it states 2.06.03 for bootblock and firmware 2.06.40,,, im just checking cuz you instructed 2.6.40 im assuming thats it but im just following orders ... the thing i was worried about was i read in the help section it states IF THE UNIT IS IN BOOTBLOCK even though it ses its successfully done its not!!!! please advise on my anxiety hahahaha for now im gonna connect analogue as i know ,,, even though superhuman ,,, you must sleep

joecar
September 8th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Yes, that is correct, both bootblock 2.6.3 and firmware 2.6.30.

Does your V2 boot up (and show a menu) when you connect it via the USB cable...?

MENIOS
September 8th, 2010, 05:38 PM
boots up ,,, within 3 seconds shows
scan tool
tune too,
diagnostics
options

joecar
September 8th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Ok, now start the Scan&Tune software, goto F6 Device Settings, goto F8 Serial IO tab, set Com Port to Wideband, set Wideband to Innovate, Save [to file], Program [into your V2], exit from Device Settings.

Now connect the LM-1 to V2 via the supplied serial cables joined using a null-modem adapter (or a cable made like this)... it specifically has to do the "null modem" Tx/Rx wire swap...

Power up your LM-1, your V2 should show the AFR/Lambda/eqr (dive down the menus to the right screen).

If you want to do BBL/BBR, then in S&T goto F5 Black Box Settings and set up the pidlists/pids/PCM/TCM on the Scan Data tab, and set up the PCM on the Tune Data tab (if you have manual trans leave the 2nd controller blank).

MENIOS
September 8th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Why do they make this so complex,. Pids and files save here update that,. I love my motec! Thanks joe i have wasted your time lm1 is frozen im ready to smash it to peices, i cant win. I got the plx out now trying to figure a cable out for it is there a way i can use it without that stupid chip on serial port. Which i cant find anywhere. ?

Tordne
September 9th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Without the serial modification to the PLX device you can use it with the 0-5 volt A/D input on the FlashScan device. The downside of course is the more complex wiring, and more importantly the less accurate readings.

You have probably spent the money already, but these are the devices that are serially supported (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=138&Itemid=143). I personally have 2 x LC-1 controllers, but I'd probably go the TechEdge route next time...

Here is a thread on the serial mod for the SM-AFR (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?7726-PLX-SM-AFR-Serial-upgrade).

mr.prick
September 9th, 2010, 06:54 AM
JAW
http://14point7.com

Tordne
September 9th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Thanks for that :). Have updated the page now, and am adding the ECM and Zeitronix a well which are supported.

MENIOS
September 9th, 2010, 09:13 AM
thanks all !!!!!!!!!!!