PDA

View Full Version : BB Logging update - delayed a day or two

Blacky
March 15th, 2008, 01:09 AM
I have delayed releasing the next beta update for a day or two. There are no problems with the update, just that dotting the i's and crossing the t's is taking a long time.

I'll post an update in this thread on Sunday, and if it has not been released by Monday morning, I'll post another update then.

Regards
Paul

Wasted Income
March 15th, 2008, 04:20 AM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i219/CSS_06/can.gif

Ninety8C5
March 17th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Any news? :master:

Cougar281
March 17th, 2008, 11:23 AM
I'll post an update in this thread on Sunday, and if it has not been released by Monday morning, I'll post another update then.

Regards
Paul

Isn't it Tuesday afternoon over there?

Edit: Paul, while you're working on the update to EFILive, any ideas why when you read a controller, it goes straight to counting down instead of giving the "You must turn the ignition off until countdown complete" prompt? On writes, it seems to work normally.

Blacky
March 17th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Isn't it Tuesday afternoon over there?

Edit: Paul, while you're working on the update to EFILive, any ideas why when you read a controller, it goes straight to counting down instead of giving the "You must turn the ignition off until countdown complete" prompt? On writes, it seems to work normally.
Yes its Tuesday 1:30pm here. Nearly done :Eyecrazy:

I believe the notification prior to the countdown is fixed in this next update. Are you using Vista by any chance? That seems to be more of a problem in Vista.

Regards
Paul

Cougar281
March 17th, 2008, 12:37 PM
I believe the notification prior to the countdown is fixed in this next update. Are you using Vista by any chance? That seems to be more of a problem in Vista.

Regards
Paul

Yep, Vista Enterprise 64-bit.

Highlander
March 17th, 2008, 01:36 PM
When??? is it ready???

Hyper99
March 17th, 2008, 04:02 PM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i219/CSS_06/can.gif

Blacky
March 17th, 2008, 04:11 PM
I'm doing final testing tonight, again!! :mad:.
Regression testing is a b*tch - must - stop - adding - in - late - features...:bash:

If it all goes well I will post something up before Thursday night Auckland time.

Also, Ross is currently building new *.calz files (not that's not a typo on the z).
New *.calz files that are 1/6th the size of regular *.cal files are being generated for this release. They are zipped/unzipped within the EFILive software so that the files now only take up around 10-60K each insterad of 50-300K each.
That will reduce the install/download size by about 40Mb.
It also makes loading *.tun files quicker.

Regard
Paul

ScarabEpic22
March 17th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Awesome, I was noticing the 1 & 2 MB files are taking a lot longer to load than my 512kb one...

Blacky
March 17th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Awesome, I was noticing the 1 & 2 MB files are taking a lot longer to load than my 512kb one...

As well as the smaller *.calz files, I have done a lot of work optimizing the *.tun file load process. It is now somewhat faster but wtill not as fast as version 8. In version 8 it is almost instantaneous due to the new/unique way I am handling the *.tun file data in V8.

Regards
Paul

Highlander
March 17th, 2008, 06:27 PM
wouldn't the zipping and unzipping process make it longer to load? But thanks for the heads up...

Blacky
March 17th, 2008, 06:55 PM
wouldn't the zipping and unzipping process make it longer to load? But thanks for the heads up...

Well, yes if that was all we did it wouldn't make much difference.
However an important optimization was included in the zip changes:

The unzipping code now allocates memory and processes the *.calz files in 4096 byte blocks. Previously the *.cal files were processed and memory was allocated at a per byte level (bad programmer, bad!!!)

Regards
Paul

joecar
March 18th, 2008, 02:46 AM
One's programming past always comes back to haunt one's programming future. :D

Highlander
March 18th, 2008, 03:30 AM
are we there yet??? jajaja couldn't resist.

joecar
March 18th, 2008, 03:41 AM
Chris, you're funny... lol. :cheers:

Hyper99
March 19th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Updates? Ready soon?

:unwrap:

Blacky
March 19th, 2008, 02:58 PM
It is scheduled for tonight, unless something goes horribly wrong with the install testing later today. Then it might not happen until Friday.

Regards
Paul