PDA

View Full Version : Emergency!

bballer182
March 15th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Flash scan box has alternating orange led's nothing happens. the thing is dead?!?!?

ntae
March 15th, 2008, 01:11 PM
were you updating the V2 ?

any more info you can supply eg unit is new / been working ok just stoped

Geoff

bballer182
March 15th, 2008, 01:39 PM
It's been working fine. my sisters little kid was over. she might have played with the box. but there's nothing you can even do to the box is there?

ntae
March 15th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I would plug the unit in & see if you can read it and try a reflash of the V2

Blacky
March 15th, 2008, 09:35 PM
The two alternating flashing orange LEDs indicate the firmware has been deleted or changed.

To reprogram the firmware run the program on the Start menu:
Start->All Programs->EFILive V7.5->Update FlashScan Firmware.

Click on the [Status] button and make sure the Bootblock version is 2.4.10
Then click on the [...] button and locate the firmware file:
\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\FSProg_V2_4_70.ffw

Click the [Program] Button to reprogram the firmware. It should take about 30 seconds. The status bar may freeze during the reflash, but once the reflash is done successfully, FlashScan will Automatically reboot.

If it happens again, or if the reporgamming does not fix the problem, please take note of the circumstances under which it happened and let me know at paul@efilive.com (include a link to this thread so I can correlate your email to this thread.)

Regards
Paul

bballer182
March 16th, 2008, 03:46 AM
The two alternating flashing orange LEDs indicate the firmware has been deleted or changed.

To reprogram the firmware run the program on the Start menu:
Start->All Programs->EFILive V7.5->Update FlashScan Firmware.

Click on the [Status] button and make sure the Bootblock version is 2.4.10
Then click on the [...] button and locate the firmware file:
\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\FSProg_V2_4_70.ffw

Click the [Program] Button to reprogram the firmware. It should take about 30 seconds. The status bar may freeze during the reflash, but once the reflash is done successfully, FlashScan will Automatically reboot.

If it happens again, or if the reporgamming does not fix the problem, please take note of the circumstances under which it happened and let me know at paul@efilive.com (include a link to this thread so I can correlate your email to this thread.)

Regards
Paul

e-mail sent :frown:

4DRSS
March 16th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Currently I have the 2.5.04 bootblock with 2.5.15 firmware.

Now, when I go to deadpoll to convert back to 2.4.70, it says it cannot communicate because its not in deadpoll..??? I have the 2-orange lights flashing, so I know it is in deadpoll. What can I do to fix this..?

Blacky
March 16th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Currently I have the 2.5.04 bootblock with 2.5.15 firmware.

Now, when I go to deadpoll to convert back to 2.4.70, it says it cannot communicate because its not in deadpoll..??? I have the 2-orange lights flashing, so I know it is in deadpoll. What can I do to fix this..?

Ah I see, you've already upgraded to the BB Logging beta firmware. In that case you need to use the EFILive_Explorer.exe program to reprogram your firmware.
You will also need to use the firmware that came with the BB Logging beta software instead of the file I mentioned in my previous post.

Regards
Paul

bballer182
March 16th, 2008, 09:23 AM
What about me, my shit is still broke?!?!?!? Where is this EFILive_Explorer.exe?

bballer182
March 16th, 2008, 09:45 AM
problem fixed! looks like the bootblock got upgraded without me knowing it?!?! Damn kids! anyways just loaded the new firmware and it works just fine.

4DRSS
March 16th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Ah I see, you've already upgraded to the BB Logging beta firmware. In that case you need to use the EFILive_Explorer.exe program to reprogram your firmware.
You will also need to use the firmware that came with the BB Logging beta software instead of the file I mentioned in my previous post.

Regards
Paul

Ok thanks..

Next question, why are the firmwares different as far as the file extentions..? EX: .efw / .ffw

With the EFILive_Explorer.exe you cannot load a .ffw firmware file in order to revert back to the previous 2.4.70...?

Thanks-

Blacky
March 16th, 2008, 12:13 PM
problem fixed! looks like the bootblock got upgraded without me knowing it?!?! Damn kids! anyways just loaded the new firmware and it works just fine.

Hmm, yes there is an option in FlashScan to upgrade the bootblock. Now that you've upgraded I recommend keeping a close eye on this forum to get the beta updates. A new update is due out in the next day or two.
http://forum.efilive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69

Regards
Paul

Blacky
March 31st, 2008, 12:32 PM
Ok thanks..

Next question, why are the firmwares different as far as the file extentions..? EX: .efw / .ffw

With the EFILive_Explorer.exe you cannot load a .ffw firmware file in order to revert back to the previous 2.4.70...?

Thanks-

Sorry, I missed this question, just saw it again now...

The upgrade from V2.4.x firmware to V2.5.x firmware requires a new boot block in the FlashScan memory. The boot block is the underlying software that controls the FlashScan hardware. Sort of like the BIOS in your PC.

The boot block is not very "smart", it just has a bunch of low level hardware "driver" functions. The firmware invokes boot block functions to manipulate the FlashScan hardware - to reprogram the flash memory, to control the LED's, the keypad and the USB coms etc.

The boot block is not designed to be updated regularly since the underlying hardware will never change. However, we needed to make a change when going from V2.4 to V2.5. The change involved some very low level hardware instructions.

Once the boot block has been upgraded to V2.5 it is no longer compatible with the V2.4 firmware. That means you can ONLY run V2.5 firmware once the boot block has been upgraded to V2.5.

We deliberately chose to not allow downgrading to V2.4 because it would allow too many combinations/permutations of boot block and firmware versions to support effectively.

Regards
Paul