PDA

View Full Version : BB Logging Update

Blacky
March 15th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Sunday night here in NZ.

Got most of the annoying niggly problems sorted out today.

Tested E38 logging that folks had been complaining about.
Logged for 10 minutes at 40 fps (24,000 frames) without a problem.

BB logged for about the same time at 20, 33 and 40 fps. All logging was successful.

DMA PIDs have been added, although they have had a name change from *_DMA to just *_M. That is to make it easier to fit them onto FlashScan's limited screen.
That also means a translation table needs to be built so that the existing V7 software can read log files containing the new DMA PID names.

Most GM enhanced PIDs have been added. We have not tested each one individually so when you're testing the latest beta release, please check the PIDs' values for sanity.

DVT (bi-directional controls) are very different than before. A new tab page (F12) has been dedicated to DVT. The console which used to be on tab page F12 is now on tab page F6.

DVT controls have been defined for most controllers and they will be further refined over the next few months as customers request more detailed control.

The software is not ready tonight, but I am optimistic the last few issues can be fixed up by tomorrow night.

I will write up all the changes in this next release and post them as soon as I get it done. There's a lot in this update, it really should be called V7.6 (instead of V7.5.4)
(This is starting to sound a bit too much like a blog. Must stop now....:bash:)

Regards
Paul

swingtan
March 15th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Great work there Paul. I'm sure we all prefer to wait a day or two in order to get a more refined product. I'm eager to re try BBL on the E38 and to see if / how DVT works on these PCM's. :master:

TAQuickness
March 16th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Can't wait to get my hands on it

ScarabEpic22
March 16th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Cant wait to try it out Paul! And better to wait for something that will work vs rush it and have problems...

joecar
March 16th, 2008, 09:52 AM
:cheers:

Hyper99
March 16th, 2008, 12:57 PM
:cheers: Patiently waiting :D

Highlander
March 16th, 2008, 03:28 PM
name it 7.6!