PDA

View Full Version : BB Logging quick reference guide (beta)

Blacky
March 16th, 2008, 06:43 PM
For the upcomming beta update, this document details:

1. FlashScan's Menu Structure
2. AutoCal's Menu Structure
3. FlashScan's Hotkeys
4. FlashScan status display

Update #1: One hotkey that failed to make it into the doc is pressing Enter while data logging will toggle the display units between Metric and Custom. Custom units can be set up in the Options.ini file. (Let me know if I've left any others out).

Update #2: Another hotkey not in the document is Ctrl+Cancel will reboot FlashScan as if power had been removed/restored.

Regards
Paul

SV8346
March 16th, 2008, 07:39 PM
sounds great but i'm a little lost, it says that flash tunes are not yet implemented yet we can switch between tunes, i thought that switching tunes involves flashing tunes or is there now a new way to swap between multiple tunes on the same car?

Blacky
March 16th, 2008, 10:57 PM
sounds great but i'm a little lost, it says that flash tunes are not yet implemented yet we can switch between tunes, i thought that switching tunes involves flashing tunes or is there now a new way to swap between multiple tunes on the same car?

Those switch commands are for commanding an already installed DSP5 Diesel custom operating system (LB7 and LLY) to switch between different tunes. It saves on installing a switch in the vehicle. You can switch to any of the 5 tunes from FlashScan's keypad.

Regards
Paul

Lennart
March 17th, 2008, 04:44 AM
Those switch commands are for commanding an already installed DSP5 Diesel custom operating system (LB7 and LLY) to switch between different tunes. It saves on installing a switch in the vehicle. You can switch to any of the 5 tunes from FlashScan's keypad.

Regards
Paul

I like! This way I can keep my DSP2 switch but still have DSP5 functionality when on a dyno or such! :cheers:

TAQuickness
March 17th, 2008, 05:29 AM
the suspense is killing me!

Ninety8C5
March 17th, 2008, 06:40 AM
the suspense is killing me!

Ditto ! :Eyecrazy:

Cougar281
March 17th, 2008, 11:34 AM
So can the DSP tunes be switched on the fly using the current DSP5 OS or will that be needing an upgrade?

Blacky
March 17th, 2008, 12:16 PM
So can the DSP tunes be switched on the fly using the current DSP5 OS or will that be needing an upgrade?

The FlashScan switching was put into the DSP 5 custom tunes some time ago. If you have recently added the DSP5 to your truck then you could be good to go, otherwise you will need to do a full flash of an update DSP 5 custom OS.

I've PM'ed Ross to clarify that.

Regards
Paul

Cougar281
March 17th, 2008, 12:18 PM
I have one or two that where created using the "Auto script" built into EFILive, and a few that are older; I assume the older ones will need an upgrade?

GMPX
March 18th, 2008, 10:10 AM
The new DSP5 tunes that can be switched from the V2 are new, it's not sitting there hidden in the existing DSP5 tunes.

I'm trying to come up with a simple method of updating to the new OS.

Cheers,
Ross

Cougar281
March 24th, 2008, 09:17 AM
The new DSP5 tunes that can be switched from the V2 are new, it's not sitting there hidden in the existing DSP5 tunes.

I'm trying to come up with a simple method of updating to the new OS.

Cheers,
Ross

Ross, was the updated DSP5 os that supports switching from the V2 released with the March 20th beta? I created a new DSP5 tune after installing that beta, but it doesn't work from the V2, or is that related to the broken BBL with this release?

Also, think you could tweak DSL Valet into the switching with the V2? That would be more secure than the switch. change the tune and take the V2 out of the truck. No way to change it now! Just a thought.

Wasted Income
March 26th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Also, think you could tweak DSL Valet into the switching with the V2? That would be more secure than the switch. change the tune and take the V2 out of the truck. No way to change it now! Just a thought.
Great idea!