PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a LS2 GTO tune?

chrleb2
March 17th, 2008, 02:56 PM
We were working on a 05 GTO with a manual and the battery dropped voltage while transferring the file. It is now gone.... I am trying to get this thing done tonight. The GTO has a magnason on it and he doesn't have the tuner that came with it. Any help would be so great! Even if it the same map from Magnason.

Thanx,
-Erick

chrleb2
March 17th, 2008, 08:04 PM
We were able to recover the tune.....

joecar
March 18th, 2008, 02:49 AM
If you were reading the tune, the ECM should still have it in flash.
If you were writing the tune, the PC/laptop should have it on hard disk.

So everything's good now? ECM is fine? Cool...:cheers:

ls197gmc
March 22nd, 2008, 09:35 AM
do you have a copy of the ls2 w/ magnuson tune that i could look at?

chrleb2
March 24th, 2008, 03:41 AM
Yeah, it was a weird glitch or something. EFI Live showed nothing and some other stuff.

Everything was cool and we were able to get it tuned that night... kinda. The MASS maxed out and the top-end tuning was off. Right now the customer wanted to get a different MASS and a different tensioner. When we get the other stuff on the car and the tune is ironed out, i'll send you a copy.

F16-GTO
November 12th, 2012, 02:04 PM
I have an LS2 GTO with a magnuson.... out of the blue, the engine will die for no apparent reason... if I am sitting at a light, it may just suddenly die, with no codes set. Other times, I am driving on the freeway and the engine power dies... and suddenly restarts itself. This is accompanied with a serious lack of acceleration. The car will accelerate slowly up to a fast speed, but only by creeping up. If I stab the pedal it coughs and stumbles badly. If the car is in neutral, you can do a quick blast and everything sounds fine. The hotter the vehicle gets, the more likely it is to happen randomly, and repeatedly. I think I may have a bad E40 ECU.

F16-GTO
November 12th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Also, the fuel pressure is at 62 psi when this happens...

F16-GTO
January 27th, 2013, 07:48 AM
found the problem.... the Taylor plug wires were totally worn out. Had a suspicion so I removed the Taylors and installed the original, skinny GM wires and the engine ran like normal! Go figure..... the skinny GM wires were quickly replaced with a fresh set of 11mm Taylor LS2 wires.... now I have DTC issues to resolve including HO2 sensor "not Ready" and O2 Sensor "Not Ready" but I think I can change them in the DTC Calibrations with some experienced help.