PDA

View Full Version : AutoVE for turbo

BoostedLS1
March 17th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Hi everyone!

I have a question for the people out there who have done an Autove on their boosted cars.

I have a single turbo stroker which is already well tuned but I am wanting to run the Autove through my tune just to refine the main and boost VE's. I am running COS3 and I have a PLX SM_AFR wideband.

The question I have is what values should I run in B3647? The tutorial commands around 12.95 at WOT which I would think is based for a NA application. Should I change these values to a richer mix such as 11.90? as PE isnt used during the Autove exercise.

Also, with B3647 (commanded fuel vs rpm), the KPA only goes to 100 so what happens to the mixtures when your car runs into boost? (anything over 100kpa) Does it use the value from the last column (100kpa) and carry that value throughout the boost range? If so, I am wondering why B3647 doesnt have a MAP range which extends to 285KPA like the boost VE table does?

Any help would be apprectiated :)

JezzaB
March 17th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Hi everyone!

I have a question for the people out there who have done an Autove on their boosted cars.

I have a single turbo stroker which is already well tuned but I am wanting to run the Autove through my tune just to refine the main and boost VE's. I am running COS3 and I have a PLX SM_AFR wideband.

The question I have is what values should I run in B3647? The tutorial commands around 12.95 at WOT which I would think is based for a NA application. Should I change these values to a richer mix such as 11.90? as PE isnt used during the Autove exercise.

Also, with B3647 (commanded fuel vs rpm), the KPA only goes to 100 so what happens to the mixtures when your car runs into boost? (anything over 100kpa) Does it use the value from the last column (100kpa) and carry that value throughout the boost range? If so, I am wondering why B3647 doesnt have a MAP range which extends to 285KPA like the boost VE table does?

Any help would be apprectiated :)

Set the Boost VE richer

Set the Commanded fuel to 11.8:1 up top on B3647

Yeah the value in the 100kpa column is repeated. You can later on when you are finished use B3647 and PE but have PE not enable say until xxx kpa. Then it will use the Commanded Fueling table and then when you hit a certain amount of boost you could have PE set richer to kick in over the top.

Plus you can workout how much boost you want to safely run and use A0010 to start pulling timing if you are over boosting

Jez

BoostedLS1
March 17th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Makes sense to me, thanks for the reply Jez :cheers:

joecar
March 18th, 2008, 03:44 AM
So the AFR in last column of B3647 is carried over into boost, ok I see.

My understanding is that B3647 is a remap of B3605, and so it already is a fixed size, that's why it only goes to 100kPa.

Now when doing AutoVE do you run 2 BEN maps simulataneously (one for 105kPa and below, the other for 105kPa and above, make the 105kPa columns equal), is this how it's done...?

JezzaB
March 18th, 2008, 08:34 AM
So the AFR in last column of B3647 is carried over into boost, ok I see.

My understanding is that B3647 is a remap of B3605, and so it already is a fixed size, that's why it only goes to 100kPa.

Now when doing AutoVE do you run 2 BEN maps simulataneously (one for 105kPa and below, the other for 105kPa and above, make the 105kPa columns equal), is this how it's done...?

Thats it Joe. You can view the full 0-285kpa BEN map and paste and apply with labels on both VE tables.

Jez

BoostedLS1
March 18th, 2008, 01:12 PM
How do you go about setting the Autove exercise to display the VE as 0-285kpa? as opposed to tuning the main VE and boost VE separately as Joe was saying? Is it simply a matter of adding 115 to 285kpa in the column labels?

5.7ute
March 18th, 2008, 01:25 PM
How do you go about setting the Autove exercise to display the VE as 0-285kpa? as opposed to tuning the main VE and boost VE separately as Joe was saying? Is it simply a matter of adding 115 to 285kpa in the column labels?
Basically yes. The easiest way is to use the create labels function in the edit map properties window.
The 2 bar maps etc have been included in the latest releases though so you should already have them.

BoostedLS1
March 18th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Excellent, I am learning more every day about all this, thanks for your input everyone :)

ryans1000
November 30th, 2009, 07:09 PM
boostedls1: I have a boosted ls1 turbo rx7 running os3. can i see your tune to file to compare?