PDA

View Full Version : Scan and Tune link problem

Big D
March 18th, 2008, 04:22 AM
I seem to have a problem where I cant link any of the data to the tune program. I am working on a 05, OS 12595726, Cal. 12576872. I am trying to figure out the best pids to scan and I am using this vehicle for a test bed without tuning it, just testing varying pids and scans.

I have attached the stock tune and the scan log I setup.

Let me know what your thoughts are.

For some reason, I cannot get the stock tune file to load right now.

joecar
March 18th, 2008, 04:50 AM
Big,

So when you open the tune file nothing happens...? Is this what happens...?

Check that the file 12595726.cal exists in the folder C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\LL8.

If it does you should be able to read the PCM flash and save to file.

When you open the tune file, each table indicates the linking pids required... those are the pids you have to log with the scantool.

Also, in the tunetool, go Edit->Properties->Scanner and place checkmarks next to the linking options.

Cheers
Joe

Big D
March 18th, 2008, 05:19 AM
Ahh, finally able to get the tune loaded up.

Big D
March 18th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Big,

So when you open the tune file nothing happens...? Is this what happens...?

No, tune opens and saves ok.

Check that the file 12595726.cal exists in the folder C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\LL8.

It is there.

If it does you should be able to read the PCM flash and save to file.

This does take place

When you open the tune file, each table indicates the linking pids required... those are the pids you have to log with the scantool.

I understand this however look at B0915, I have RPM and Load % pids selected and it doesnt show any link between tune and scan. This is one example.

Also, in the tunetool, go Edit->Properties->Scanner and place checkmarks next to the linking options.

I have done this.

Cheers
Joe

Am I looking at the wrong RPM's & such? :bash:

Big D
March 18th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Is it possible I selected the wrong controller type? I selected the "Inline 6 PCM". I just thought now, that, is this a Atlas engine?

joecar
March 18th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Check that you enter the right controller type and also the right VIN and OS ID.

ScarabEpic22
March 18th, 2008, 04:13 PM
It is the Inline 6 PCM controller and copy the OS and VIN from your tune file into the scanner. Ill look into this when I go home this weekend if I remember.

Big D
March 20th, 2008, 05:49 AM
I have attempted to change the recommend suggestions up to this point and no change.
I have been able to reconnect to the vehcile and selected Atlas and still no change between the scan and tune tools.
I have had no trouble with other models or years of pcms, only this particular 05. I have done other LL8's without trouble. :bash: But it was before I upgraded to V7.5.3.

Other ideas? Recommendations ?

ds8
March 20th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Sounds like you need to add the PID, rows and columns you want linked to the cal_link.txt file. My cal_link.txt file for 7.5.3 doesn't have any links for the LL8.

DS

joecar
March 20th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Big D, what vehicle is this on...?

Big D
March 20th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Sounds like you need to add the PID, rows and columns you want linked to the cal_link.txt file. My cal_link.txt file for 7.5.3 doesn't have any links for the LL8.

DS
This is a good possiblility. Is there a specific file for the LL8?

Big D, what vehicle is this on...?
2005 Trailblazer, LL8 Engine, 4.2 L6 MFI

Has anyone taken a look at the tune and scan files I offered to see if there is any inconsistancy with those?
What I do find odd is when using B0918 for example, the left parameter is "RPM" and the top parameter is "vacuum kPa". Typlically what I have seen is will for the most part, display the parameter name like "SAE.RPM".

If anyone wants to see more data logs, let me know and I can send you those.

Thanks for the help so far guys.

ds8
March 20th, 2008, 12:16 PM
This is a good possiblility. Is there a specific file for the LL8?

There is only one cal_link file. Mine is located here: C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration

If you want the link to work, you have to go into that file and add the necessary items to the LL8 section. Open that file and take a look. LL8 is there, but without links.

DS

Big D
March 20th, 2008, 01:27 PM
There is only one cal_link file. Mine is located here: C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration

If you want the link to work, you have to go into that file and add the necessary items to the LL8 section. Open that file and take a look. LL8 is there, but without links.

DS

This is what I see:

Big D
March 20th, 2008, 01:33 PM
whoops, forgot the attachments

joecar
March 20th, 2008, 02:24 PM
You have to know what PIDs you want to link into what table, and if it linsk to a row or a col...

Then edit that file and insert a line that looks similar to this (with your PID and table of course):

B0101.ROW=SAE.RPM

This example line links SAE.RPM into the B0101 table.

Big D
March 20th, 2008, 04:23 PM
You have to know what PIDs you want to link into what table, and if it linsk to a row or a col...

Then edit that file and insert a line that looks similar to this (with your PID and table of course):

B0101.ROW=SAE.RPM

This example line links SAE.RPM into the B0101 table.

When I saw he LL8 was empty, I had a feeling I was going to have to do this. Thanks for the info Joe, I'll get back to you and let you all know how it turns out.

ScarabEpic22
March 21st, 2008, 05:04 PM
Awesome, Ill look into this probably tomorrow with my 02 LL8. Ive really wanted to get this working, might be able to get a better idea of what my LL8 really wants vs what Ive given it via tuning.