PDA

View Full Version : HSV with imbedded security no start?

rally1
March 19th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had trouble getting an HSV with imbedded security to run with a Road Runner?

We had one in last week (2004 clubsport) and could not get it to start, turned of the vats and tried programming the RR a few times but no go, put it down to the HSV imbedded security but just want to see if anyone else has had this happen or if it was just something I missed and nothing to do with the security? Thanks.

Tordne
March 19th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Change G1201 to None. It can be changed back to Class-2 using real time update when the vehicle is running I've found.

rally1
March 19th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Hi Andrew,
Yes we tuned that off and still no run! :Eyecrazy: we have never had a problem with any other Holden but this was the first HSV we have done with the road runner.. Cant work out how it would effect it but its all I could think of!!! When I get a free moment I will look at Holden SIP to see how the imbedded security works..

rally1
March 19th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Just found this on SIP, it does not really say much on how the system works and by the sounds if I have the correct key it should not really stop the car from starting. But the “interrupts essential circuits” is interesting!

"The new HSV Embedded Security System (ESS) is fitted as standard equipment to all HSV VTII, WH and VY models. The ESS is a micro-processor controlled immobilizer which automatically interrupts essential circuits when in “armed mode” The ESS stores the BCM’s security code and when the car is started it reads this code from the SCI bus. If this code is different from the stored one the ESS enters armed mode and prevents the vehicle from starting"

Would like to here from any one that has had trouble with the RR on HSV vehicles to see if im not the only one!

GMPX
March 23rd, 2008, 03:44 PM
Blacky on here has one in he's VTII GTS, pretty sure he just turns the Theft to None. BTW, I got to drive he's car with the 'HSV Embedded Security System (ESS)' , If it were mine, that system would be in the bin! what a pain.

Cheers,
Ross

rally1
October 4th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Had a few more HSV Holden’s in over the last few months, the road runner will work with VX HSV but have had 4 VY HSV and it will not run on them, surely im not the only one that this is happening to!! Has anyone found a way around this?

GMPX
October 5th, 2008, 12:32 AM
Can't say it's a problem anyone has contacted me about.
There is little detail on how the system works. If it's anything like the VTII you need to press the disarm button everytime right?

mr.prick
October 5th, 2008, 04:52 AM
where does a car thief hide in New Zealand? :hihi:

rally1
October 5th, 2008, 08:24 AM
There is little detail on how the system works. If it's anything like the VTII you need to press the disarm button everytime right?

No it will operate just like a normal key, its just an extra module under the center of the dash that adds more security than the BCM alone, I think you will find that if you have had one that you have to press the unlock button every time that it has had an after market alarm fitted.

JezzaB
October 6th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Had a few more HSV Holden’s in over the last few months, the road runner will work with VX HSV but have had 4 VY HSV and it will not run on them, surely im not the only one that this is happening to!! Has anyone found a way around this?

I havent had any problems with the RR and the HSV cars:

VY GTS
VY GTO x 2
VY Clubsport x 2
VX GTS
VX GTO x 2
VX Grange
VX Clubsport
VT Senator x 3

I usually just turn off VATS in the tune when im working on it and the RR is in.

Jez

N0DIH
October 15th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Is the VIN programmed? I got security problems until I wrote the VIN with EFIL.... Cleared up a lot.

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had trouble getting an HSV with imbedded security to run with a Road Runner?

We had one in last week (2004 clubsport) and could not get it to start, turned of the vats and tried programming the RR a few times but no go, put it down to the HSV imbedded security but just want to see if anyone else has had this happen or if it was just something I missed and nothing to do with the security? Thanks.

rally1
October 16th, 2008, 07:49 PM
I did not check that!!! will give it a go next time I get a VY HSV in.

Thanks.

rally1
December 4th, 2008, 06:00 PM
An up data on this fault,

I have had a few more HSV tunes over the last few months and cant really work it out, last week I had 3 identical HSV GTS in, two the road runner would work fine the other no matter what I did it would not run, the fuel pump will not prime but it will run for a few seconds on the residual fuel in the rail, I tried a reset swapping operating systems, entering in the vin but still no fuel pump and no start, I spent around an hour swapping tunes etc but had to give up in the end and tune without the RR :bad:

Out of around 150 cars I have tuned with the road runner there has been around 10 that wont run and they are all HSV surely this cant be a coincidence!!

macca_779
December 4th, 2008, 10:52 PM
I havent had any problems with the RR and the HSV cars:

VY GTS
VY GTO x 2
VY Clubsport x 2
VX GTS
VX GTO x 2
VX Grange
VX Clubsport
VT Senator x 3

I usually just turn off VATS in the tune when im working on it and the RR is in.

Jez

Hey Jezz remember when my Senator BRICKED you RR for a bit there. Most inconvenient for the work we were going to do. But at least it came good again.. Weird one that was.

JezzaB
December 5th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Hey Jezz remember when my Senator BRICKED you RR for a bit there. Most inconvenient for the work we were going to do. But at least it came good again.. Weird one that was.

That was a strange one. Couldnt see the RR at all via USB etc. Only took 2 months to come good. Glitch in the matrix :grin: Craig was great and had a replacement in a bag ready to send out if it didnt come good.

Never happened again thank god

Jez

PS Only times Ive found the fuel pump to not prime is a bad flash to the PCM etc be it a RR or a standard PCM. If I have a VATS problem it will always prime the pump and crank over it will just die straight away.